ONE DAY AT A TIME

Options
mytime6630
mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
They say it takes 21 days to set a new habit. I am so close to my goal weight, but I still struggle with healthy habits I am trying to form. This is a thread, to set and try and change those old habits into good habits.

Would anyone like to join me on losing weight, setting new habits, staying motivated, ONE DAY AT A TIME? Each day, just come here, post your goals, and then the next day, report back. Tell us how you did, the struggles you had, and list the goals for that day.

This is not a group, so anyone is welcome to join me. That way we are accountable to each other in meeting these goals.

To bookmark this new thread, just click on the little yellow star. That bookmarks it, so you can find it easy. When you go to post again, to the right at the top of your page is a bell, a star, and a little flower. Click on the star, and it will show your book marked threads.

Anyone can join!

Changing old habits, one habit at a time, one day at a time.

My hope is that if I try and stick with goals, one day at a time, these new goals can become new, healthy, habits.

Just for today, Thursday, Oct 19
1. log all food
2. concentrate on 2 glasses of water with each meal
3. eat only planned foods.
4. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
5. go to the gym
6. lay out gym clothes for friday morning
7. Do not eat any snack at the quilt meeting tomorrow evening

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You know me, I’m in!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi team! I think this thread is an EXCELLENT idea!!! Thanks @joan6630 for having this idea of posting daily goals. It is a major motivator for me!

The old thread one was getting crazy long! Over 4000 posts! It's great that everyone is so involved but it made it SUPER hard to follow sometimes. So it's nice to start fresh.

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    My Goals for Oct. 20, 2017:

1. Drink LOADS of water! I really need to try and get my water intake up to 8 glasses.
    2. Stay chipper
    3. Do NOT binge at the sushi resto tonight (I REFUSE to pop back up to the 90's!!!! So sashimi for me!)
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking you @joan6630
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on 2 glasses of water with each meal :/
    3. eat only planned foods. :/:/ HELP!!!! I am into the chocolate covered almonds!!!!! A very stressful day! I counted out 12 (which is 200 calories), but I need to STOP!
    4. help hubby with pc boards :)
    5. work on quilt :) Going to do this soon - I need some relaxation time, and this is how I relax
    6. finish sewing up doggie beds so this weekend I can drop them off at the humane society (I use leftover small fabric scraps and make doggie beds) :/
    7. get started on chemo hats. I am so far behind on this - have not made her any since june :/:/
    8. go to sewing club meetings - but do not eat the free cupcakes and cookies they always have there. Eat dinner before I go. Remember how I will feel after I eat those -- and that good feeling will only last a minute, then I will feel terrible. So don't give in :) DID ok at the meeting - only damage when I got home and into the almonds!
    9. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Friday
    1. log all food
    2. drink 2 glasses of water with each meal. I am hoping soon this will become a habit
    3. go the the gym - didn't go this morning, need to go!
    4. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I guess we are posting plans here now? Okay.
    1) Finish all the small tasks I promised others to do this week :|Mostly, I think.
    2) Go to gym :sTOM got in my way bad time.
    3) Don't panic :DDidn't panic. Not even after bf told me he wants to invite a bunch of coworkers, their spouses and kids. All in his very small flat, while I am there. Not that I am bothered by the kids (he was fearing that), I am bothered by the space... and the amount of chili we will have to prepare.

Plans for tomorrow:
    1) Go grocery shopping
    2) Do the laundry
    3) Fresh sheets
    4) Vacuum and clean kitchen/bathroom
    5) Work at least a little.
    6) But also relax
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2017
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    I guess we are posting plans here now? Okay.

The other one is open also (we have all become such friends,) - but hoping to also attract new people posting. So I've just been posting both places.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    *pokes head in curiously*

*waves hello!*
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    So far Friday:
    1. I didn't hit snooze too many times like I did yesterday. :)
    2. I taught my class this morning successfully! :)
    3. I completed a few tasks off my to-do work list :)
    4. I ate way too much food at lunch...it was our order in team luncheon and we had Chinese. Trust me..I did not choose off the healthy option menu. :s>:)

For the rest of Friday:
    1. Body Groove video
    2. Drink 3 more bottles of water
    3. Make health choices tonight. Maybe just a healthy salad for dinner.
    4. Listen to the Calm app and meditate
    5. Perform one random act of kindness today
    6. Leave work at 2:00 and take back some of my hours for this week.
    7. Read Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options

*waves hello!*

Hi! Is this for daily plans that may change... uh, daily; or is it for long term daily habits that should be static daily?
  • mytime6630
    Options

*waves hello!*

Hi! Is this for daily plans that may change... uh, daily; or is it for long term daily habits that should be static daily?

These are goals that we want to try and do for just one day - so yes, they are more daily goals. Usually my goal is to try and drink more water, because I always forget to drink water. My hope is that by doing things one day at a time, they then become habits.

So each day the hope is to post goals, and then come back to mark how we have done, and to post the next days goals.

So I hope you join us! I have learned so much just from reading others goals, and the encouragment, commitment, is wonderful. It is what has kept me going all year (and down almost 30 pounds). Without this, I know many times I would have given up.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

*waves hello!*

Hey :)

I find that I have a few set goals that I try so everyday but some days I’ll add new ones just for that day like “finding time for myself to work on a project”
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    This is probably gonna get confusing now! But hey ho.

1. Start @OConnell5483 week 1 challenge nope
    2. Try some exercise tomorrow nope
    3. Replace one of my carb meals with something low carb erm.. nope although I skipped breakfast :sweat_smile:
    4. Start my amigurumi crochet kit tonight to make a toy frog for eldest yes :)

I don’t even know if this was for today or yesterday :sweat_smile:
    Either way I didn’t do anything regarding my health just my hobby.

I’ve figured I need to keep myself on track with just logging and trying some habits that are suitable, otherwise come March it’s gonna take a lot of effort to get back to full commitment.

Plus I forgot about this thread because I didn’t have it bookmarked properly

So try again.

Just for Sat!

1. So the week 1 challenge @OConnell5483 if I don’t then you’re welcome to kick my *kitten*
    2. Have a salad for lunch
    3. If I’m not tired then try some light exercise (doesn’t matter if I don’t though)
    4. Continue with crochet project

Wish me luck!

• Bex953172
    Options
    Aha!

I'll start with goal 1.

1. Keep kids alive.

Sigh...

Haha how old are they?
    I can’t even get mine to bed atm. Being defeated by a 1 and 3 year old!! It’s 9pm over here and they just won’t sleep!!
  • grayskymorning
    grayskymorning Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Aha!

I'll start with goal 1.

1. Keep kids alive.

Sigh...

Haha how old are they?
    I can’t even get mine to bed atm. Being defeated by a 1 and 3 year old!! It’s 9pm over here and they just won’t sleep!!

5, just turned 3 this month, and 15 months.

Not that I'm recommending anything, but have you ever heard of chloroform...? ;)

The older 2 are so amazing with bedtime. Tuck them in, hugs and kisses, leave.

The baby, though. Lawd...
  • Bex953172
    Options
    My girls share a room. So they keep each other awake as long as possible.
    1 year old loses every time and conks out haha

3 yo is .. “strong willed” haha