How to become that skinny friend who eats what they want and dont gain weight

Options

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Because I live with one and I do see them all the time and have friends also who are like this

Because life is not fair...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    My BF is the same way. It's actually really frustrating. I've actually asked him about it, and his secret is that he doesn't eat all day and then GORGES on dinner.

EG: on Sunday, we had breakfast together and even though it looked like he was drowning his oatmeal in a bunch of honey and brown sugar and nuts, my peanut butter serving actually packed MORE calories, it just looked like less food.

Then I snacked throughout the day and he sat down and DOWNED a bag of honey butter potato chips. 1,050 calories. I had a serving of the chips (150 cals which looked pathetic), but also some carrots and some pop corn and snacked on veg while cooking. So I had ton of food that looked like NOTHING individually but added up really quickly.

EG2: he ate an entire meat lovers pizza on Friday. Gave me major FOMO but then he pointed out that he skipped lunch and didn't eat breakfast. I only saw the entire pizza and *assumed* he ate all day too, like I do.

He's also my height but is DENSE and muscular. He does NOT sit still well, and fidgets with EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.

He takes walks at lunch and around the office. I don't get to see all that all the time.

My husband does this too -- he'll have a couple cups of coffee and maybe a small bowl of cereal during the day and then he'll eat all the rest of his calories between 7 PM and midnight. If you didn't see how little he ate during the day, it would be quite confusing to figure out how he maintains his weight while eating huge dinners and high calorie desserts.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    if genetics determined if you were fat or not, then I nor my sisters should be overweight as both parents were of normal weight(mom was always thin) and both sets of grandparents were in normal weight ranges for their height. even my half sisters who have different dads their dads were/are tall and thin and their grandparents on that side were also normal weight. everyone of us are overweight. mom is still thin due to drinking most of her meals and eating barely ever(alcoholic-she was thin before she started drinking). I know how I got fat, my sisters know how they got fat. from eating more than we burned and moving less than we did when younger. Im the only one doing something about it.Ive lost weight ,they havent
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Messed up the quotes. :/

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    if genetics determined if you were fat or not, then I nor my sisters should be overweight as both parents were of normal weight(mom was always thin) and both sets of grandparents were in normal weight ranges for their height. even my half sisters who have different dads their dads were/are tall and thin and their grandparents on that side were also normal weight. everyone of us are overweight. mom is still thin due to drinking most of her meals and eating barely ever(alcoholic-she was thin before she started drinking). I know how I got fat, my sisters know how they got fat. from eating more than we burned and moving less than we did when younger. Im the only one doing something about it.Ive lost weight ,they havent

Every person on my father's side of the family is obese. I'm BMI 18.9 with their "body types-wide hips, tall)
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options

Every person on my father's side of the family is obese. I'm BMI 18.9 with their "body types-wide hips, tall)

yeah which means you get your shape from them but not the being obese. If genetics determined whether a person was thin or not then I should have never gotten fat lol. if only it worked that way
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It can also be genetics and metabolism. I do have friends who are very skinny and try to gain weight but their entire family is thin. Genetics play a big role in your body. My entire family on both sides is obese and morbidly obese. I gain weight faster than my friends with genetically thin family. I have to work harder at it. But after losing weight I can eat a little more and not gain it like I use to because my metabolism has sped up a tiny bit but not by much. I'm the thinest person in my family because I'm scared to be them.
    Metabolisms are different from person to person, but again if one exceeds their TDEE constantly, they will gain weight. I GUARANTEE you that any person that eats more than they can burn off, regardless of how thin they are, will gain weight. Being thin for the whole family is more likely attributed to behavior of eating than genetics.
    You'd have to explain how in many families in the world, where some siblings and parents are thin, and then those who are obese. Better yet, I have lots of relatives in the Philippines who are of petite and thin stature, but their cousins and family in the US are all overweight. I can tell you that MONEY to buy food is the major difference here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

yep,was thin most my life then got to where I moved less and at the same as I did when I was active,and BOOM! weight gain.