How to become that skinny friend who eats what they want and dont gain weight

Options

Replies

• maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I remember the show about that, I've been trying to remember what it was called for a week it was so much fun to watch!
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Are they fidgety? It's possible to accumulate a good amount of calorie burn through moving around during the day.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    dewd2 wrote: »
    There was a program on BBC (I think) where someone swore that their skinny friend ate way more then them. So the news show took them to task and recorded everything each ate. You can probably guess the result. I will try to find a link...

Cool would love to see it

This might be the one dewd2 was thinking of??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7838668.stm

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com/why-are-thin-people-not-fat/

No, it was a segment on a show. I can't find it in my history. I originally found it from a link on this forum.

The bottom line was that heavier friend ate way more calories than the skinny friend. The heavier woman under estimated her intake and over estimated her friends.

I remember that link/show, I think. British. The thin person was tall with blonde hair and the heavier person had dark hair—both women. They thought the blonde had a fast metabolism and could eat whatever she wanted and the brunette had a slow metabolism. Turns out the blonde was normal and eating at maintenance for her active lifestyle and the brunette was way over eating for her activity level—her metabolism was normal, too.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have had friends that eat pretty constantly, and still struggle with being underweight. One had a medical condition that caused a super high metabolism, one was probably on drugs (judging by the times I came in to work to find painted bathtubs, toilets and sinks, that she had literally stayed at work the entire night doing) and one could honestly have gone either way, but was probably a combination.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's all about activity. I try for 15k steps a day... you can eat a lot more without gaining weight when your maintenance is 2300 calories vs 1600...
  • Janice6543
    Janice6543 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    On the surface my skinny husband appears the same. He'll go crazy at the all you can eat sushi joint and when at a friend's house....but when you keep a closer eye on things, he actually walks 60 min+ a day, only has about 150 calories for breakfast and will often go to bed feeling hungry.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    jdlobb wrote: »
    My brother is one of these. His secret? He only eats once a day, and sometimes only ever other day. For whatever reason, he just doesn’t get hungry, and won’t eat unless somebody reminds him to. He’s been like that his entire life.

:open_mouth: Seems like that would make it difficult to get adequate nutrition. Poor guy! I'd not trade my love and enjoyment of food for anything.