How to become that skinny friend who eats what they want and dont gain weight

Options

Replies

• NicoleMckenzie2017
    NicoleMckenzie2017 Posts: 141 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It's either one of two scenarios- either their calorie intake is at a reasonable number to sustain and not gain. Or- their metabolism is very high but trust me it will eventually catch up to them. It does to everyone if they over eat consistently. It happened to me, haha. My entire life up until I was 22 (24 now) I weighed between 125-130 pounds at 5 foot 8. I was very very thin- but I was not educated on a caloric deficit nor a healthy lifestyle and within the past two years I have put on about 40 pounds. It always catches up!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Don't worry about other people. You are not them and they are not you. Keep your eyes on your own plate.

You have to control your calorie intake and calorie output balance to get the results you want.

^^^This...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Activity level can seem like not
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Because I live with one and I do see them all the time and have friends also who are like this

Seriously, if you can do it without being intrusive or creepy, keep an actual tally of the calories they're consuming. You might be surprised.

I dont even need to do that .Okay let me tell you what their typical diet is like.Morning breakfast 2 fried eggs 2 sausages 2 rashers 2 pudding 2 slices of toast.Dinner a nine inch pizza with fries and garlic bread.Then a big tub of ben and jerrys later on then a family pack of doritos and a chocolate bar.Then before they sleep they eat sausage rolls more buttered toast and some cookies .Now honestly that has to be atleast 4000 cals

And what do they do all day?

They dont do anything they dont work

So you sit at home with them all day doing nothing?

No I dont .Okay dont believe me then but I know this person inside and out and they have always ate lots of junk food all the time and stayed the same weight

Are they male or female? Males can eat more than women.
    Are they bigger than you? A bigger person can eat more than a small one.
    Are they healthy? Some people have gut problems and do not absorb all the calories they eat.
    Are they you? Some people an simple eat more than others of the same size and sex.

You can't change your genetics. You can be more active and develop more muscle, those will allow you to eat more.

+1

Plus honestly, sometimes you feel that people 'don't do anything' but unless they're glued to the TV all day, they're probably still burning calories moving around somehow.

That, and sometimes people eat junk but don't really have meals so the calories are just not as bad as you think at the end of the day.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    jdlobb wrote: »
    My brother is one of these. His secret? He only eats once a day, and sometimes only ever other day. For whatever reason, he just doesn’t get hungry, and won’t eat unless somebody reminds him to. He’s been like that his entire life.

:open_mouth: Seems like that would make it difficult to get adequate nutrition. Poor guy! I'd not trade my love and enjoyment of food for anything.

He’s definitely not the healthiest person I know, I’m trying to change than. But whatever it is, he doesn’t have the in-built desire for food that I, and most of us here I suspect, have. For him eating has always just been something he does to keep from dying.

The funny thing? He’s a manager at a restaurant, and occasional chef.

Wow that's a very interesting career choice for someone who doesn't really like food! I suspect you're right - I know my love of food has contributed to my being here.

I actually wonder about this a lot. I’ve only recently learned that not everyone LOVES alcohol the way I do. I’ve never understood how defensive people get about “junk” food, when for me, it’s just not the logical decision. I wonder if it doesn’t give me the extremely good feelings, but it does for other people. Sure, I like butter, but it’s nothing for me to eat a baked potato plain, if I want to cut calories. I’m also someone who doesn’t eat when stressed. The idea nauseates me. On the other hand, I seriously don’t want to cut out alcohol no matter how logical it is.

Oh I'm 100% convinced that some people just don't like food the way that others do.

I LOVE food. That's why I'm here, I mean, one of the things I love the most in life is having delicious foods. I would plan trips just to get to taste the food there, for example, and would have no issue driving one hour to go a specific restaurant or try a new bakery (I'm usually disappointed in those)... I'm quite sure that most people would think I'm crazy to do that...

Somehow the idea seems to offend some people though, when I imply that maybe the reason that they can eat things easily in moderation is because they don't like food as much as I do, but we all love different things to different degrees, how is that a crazy concept? And that's your point with alcohol. I don't care for it. I have a drink maybe twice a year. I have no problem cutting it.

But I've had those 'how can you stay so skinny while eating so much' comments (I've never been skinny but whatever). They just didn't know that I kept a deficit all week to make room for that party, and that I force myself to walk 15k+ steps a day.

I'm weird...im a fatty that doesn't really like "food" I got fat eating biscuits and chocolates and avoiding all the food stuffs. Too many calories in biscuits sadly.

I totally understand how that would work too. On days when I'm not really in the mood to eat anything specific but too lazy to cook, it's too easy to end up eating high calorie/no preparation stuff like breakfast biscuits, fast food etc.
  • Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Trex5009 wrote: »
    Why are ppl questioning you so much lol. I live with ppl who STUFF themselves with tons and tons of food and remain the same. Activity level you ask? None. Don't question me because I live with them haha.
    Lol, lots of people live with others and have no idea about their lives outside of what they personally see. So yeah, it's EASY to question it unless you're documenting everything they do everyday for say like a week or so.
    The EASY answer is that they plain just burn more calories than they eat. Believe it or not, most people that can eat a lot, eventually gain weight because somewhere along the way, they reduce their physical activity, but not habitual eating habits.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/928/5851/ Lol no they don't burn, barely anything at all actually. I am 100% sure, well you can keep questioning I guess lol no one will believe[/img]
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    My brother is one of these. His secret? He only eats once a day, and sometimes only ever other day. For whatever reason, he just doesn’t get hungry, and won’t eat unless somebody reminds him to. He’s been like that his entire life.

:open_mouth: Seems like that would make it difficult to get adequate nutrition. Poor guy! I'd not trade my love and enjoyment of food for anything.

He’s definitely not the healthiest person I know, I’m trying to change than. But whatever it is, he doesn’t have the in-built desire for food that I, and most of us here I suspect, have. For him eating has always just been something he does to keep from dying.

The funny thing? He’s a manager at a restaurant, and occasional chef.

Wow that's a very interesting career choice for someone who doesn't really like food! I suspect you're right - I know my love of food has contributed to my being here.

I actually wonder about this a lot. I’ve only recently learned that not everyone LOVES alcohol the way I do. I’ve never understood how defensive people get about “junk” food, when for me, it’s just not the logical decision. I wonder if it doesn’t give me the extremely good feelings, but it does for other people. Sure, I like butter, but it’s nothing for me to eat a baked potato plain, if I want to cut calories. I’m also someone who doesn’t eat when stressed. The idea nauseates me. On the other hand, I seriously don’t want to cut out alcohol no matter how logical it is.

Oh I'm 100% convinced that some people just don't like food the way that others do.

That's probably true in my case. I've often thought that life would be so much simpler if we could just take a nutrition pill first thing in the morning and be done with the whole eating thing.

I'm not into cooking, and the texture and flavour of most food is "meh" at best, and often rather disappointing, if not completely horrible. My stomach just feels better if it has something in it. This is probably why I can eat more or less the same food just about every day. I've got a collection of inoffensive food items which I eat over and over.

(And regarding alcohol ... I've tried different things at different times and it ranges from tolerable to completely awful. About the only alcoholic beverage I could stand to drink two in a row of is a Long Island Iced Tea -- it's the only one that tastes reasonably good. Otherwise, I'd simply rather not have it. Water tastes better.)
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    How come some skinny people eat more than an overweight person and remain the same ?I see so many skinny people stuffing their face constantly and they stay the same all the time.I dont get it do you ? I would love to be one of those people lol

Newsflash: they probably don't. They may not constantly have the super-palatable high-calorie foods around, and thus may partake extra at potlucks/other occasions where you see them.

Or alternatively, they may be training for a triathlon or play in a sports league or have a physically demanding job, or ... (ie they can eat a lot because they aren't sitting on their *kitten* all day).