Anyone read the latest research on Keto by Alan Aragon?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• LiveLoveFitFab
    LiveLoveFitFab Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    When I read Menu examples like this - https://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/ketogenic-diet-menu.html

I assume that keto is meat and more meat, with a side of meat products. Yes there are low carb veggies in there, but every single meal is meat, eggs, cream, cheese, more meat, and some veggies.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, aside from studies as to whether it's good for you or what it accomplishes fitness wise, it isn't good for the world as a whole to base your entire diet on eating so much meat. This is such a rich country eating plan that it is almost sickening. We got fat as a society being greedy, maybe the answer is being less greedy?
  • KarblessKreature
    KarblessKreature Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    When I read Menu examples like this - https://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/ketogenic-diet-menu.html

I assume that keto is meat and more meat, with a side of meat products. Yes there are low carb veggies in there, but every single meal is meat, eggs, cream, cheese, more meat, and some veggies.

Maybe what I'm trying to say is, aside from studies as to whether it's good for you or what it accomplishes fitness wise, it isn't good for the world as a whole to base your entire diet on eating so much meat. This is such a rich country eating plan that it is almost sickening. We got fat as a society being greedy, maybe the answer is being less greedy?

What? It’s a fat based diet not protein based. I eat 1g or protein per lb of lean body weight. Not sure why that’s in anyway confusing.
  • KarblessKreature
    Options
    Been reading thru some of the studies. And the more I read the more I believe that they will not find any real difference between the different diets or at least nothing substantial. Just different ways to the same end. And slightly different time frames. Will keep on reading.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

What? It’s a fat based diet not protein based. I eat 1g or protein per lb of lean body weight. Not sure why that’s in anyway confusing.

And meat has lots of fat, so...
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Been reading thru some of the studies. And the more I read the more I believe that they will not find any real difference between the different diets or at least nothing substantial. Just different ways to the same end. And slightly different time frames. Will keep on reading.

What end? The chart covered several different "ends", and I think that before the review is done, several more different ends are going to be covered.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

There is a very wide range of keto diets, including vegeterian based keto diets.
  • KarblessKreature
    Options

And meat has lots of fat, so...

My daily keto is as follows
    -low carb high fiber veggies mostly spinach and
  • KarblessKreature
    Options
    My keto diet is as follows
    low carb high fiber veggies, mostly spinach 4-6 cups a day and avocado, 2x day
    Nuts and seeds usually macadamia & hemp 1-2x day
    Healthy oils, usually avocado/hemp/coconut/fish used to fill in fat cals
    Leaner meats and eggs for main protein

I believe that one needs to ensure gut health.
    Not in it for the Bacon
  • KarblessKreature
    edited November 2017
    Options

What end? The chart covered several different "ends", and I think that before the review is done, several more different ends are going to be covered.

Since it’s a compilation of pervious studies it will just basically just tell us what we already know. Don’t think it will shed any new light. Hopefully it will be able to cross reference all the studies and give us better causation and not just correlation.
    It will organize and put all the studies in one place which is good cause I haven’t read them all. Makes them easier to find. So back to the reading.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    so i finally decided to follow the link for this and come to find out that one of the researchers who contributed (Dr Brad Dieter) is on the nutrition team that I have been working with for close to the last 2 years

also if you want to see a list of the research that they used in the review:
    http://sci-fit.net/2017/keto-study-collection/ - 200+ articles
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    "I never said keto was the smart way" says the person who's called KarblessKreature who spends the rest of his post praising how awesome keto is and that carbs are like drugs.

Also reread my post.
    And a n=1 would refer to one person which is me.
    And if I must I’ll go and look up the studies about carb/sugar withdrawal and it’s resemblance to a drug withdrawal. Sure it will not be hard to find sir. And also have a great day

Just like humans are addicted to water, air and food?