November 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Only got 131k in

"Only got 131k" - 81 miles? Dang, you are impressive. I do not hit that in a WEEK never mind in a single run. Now, if that cougar of yours was chasing me, I might be able to pull that off (assuming, of course, it was lame or something otherwise it would run me down very quickly) :lol:

Sorry, you did not make your target. :(

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Only got 131k in

"Only got 131k" - 81 miles? Dang, you are impressive. I do not hit that in a WEEK never mind in a single run. Now, if that cougar of yours was chasing me, I might be able to pull that off (assuming, of course, it was lame or something otherwise it would run me down very quickly) :lol:

Thanks @PastorVincent , sucked hard knowing I wouldn't get to attempt 100 again until 2018 now. But not parenting from a big cat's large intestine took priority it seems- Ben has a business trip all week after all :D
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Only got 131k in

Thanks @PastorVincent , sucked hard knowing I wouldn't get to attempt 100 again until 2018 now. But not parenting from a big cat's large intestine took priority it seems- Ben has a business trip all week after all :D

Yeah, I imagine your mom voice would be a bit muffled in there! :lol:
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB you know my views on your run. Just keep that in mind. Some of us look up to you.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    *embarrassed face*

Does walking count? I was sore this morning, so I got out and cleared the perimeter of our property and walked it. (needs a last mow) Walked 1.85 miles. Our woods are nice. Wonder if I could set up something for trail runs? Hmm....
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    November goal 100miles, at least 1mpd

11/1 4.43
    11/2 2.25
    11/3 6.35
    11/4 2.25
    11/5 4.50
    11/6 2.22 + snorkel 3.5hours
    11/7 7.00
    11/8 2.32
    11/9 4.13
    11/10 2.72
    11/11 4.00
    11/12 5.23
    11/13 2.40
    11/14 4.30
    11/15 5.21
    11/16 2.10
    11/17 snorkel 4 hours
    11/18 6.32
    11/19 2.32
    11/20 5.14
    11/21 4.35
    11/22 3.15
    11/23 6.33
    11/24 2.16
    11/25 4.15
    11/26 3.12

Total: 94.45

Ticker is my goal for 2017 and progress to date:

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    Phoenix Women's 10k 1/28/18
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Damn, @JessicaMcB that's still an amazing run! Was this a solo run or with a race? I'm not experienced with cougars but I can't help but think you made the right choice by bailing out.

One of these days i want to work up to do a solo 24Hr trail run. There are a few 24Hr runs around here but they're on dates I'll never make because they conflict with higher priorities (hunting and sailing).

@skippygirlsmom good news on the scholarship!

That charity miles app came up on this list about 2.5 years ago. I installed it, found it to be a battery hog, and deleted it. Hopefully its better by now but my phone battery is so crappy I don't dare install anything I don't absolutely need or want.

@juliet3455 sorry to hear about the SADs. Hopefully that light will work for you.

@sarahthes the picture I have in my mind of you helping to fix the dryer, then leaving your husband to put it back together so you can run makes me laugh!

@shanaber glad to see you checking in! With no real training for your HM you can focus on just having a great time and let your finish time fall where it may.

@katharmonic that Key West HM sounds great! Driving down to the end of the Keys has been on my bucket list. It didn't occur to me to do add a race to the trip.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Solo @7lenny7 , I won't officially race again until I hit Gord's in February. My goals are very exact in the 2018 season so I'm going to have to actually be careful with my races this year :#
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @JessicaMcB just did more in one day than I have managed in the last two months. Awesome and Mega Kudo's, even though you didn't reach your 100mile goal its still amazing. Look out Barkley here come *J*.
    Blizzard blew in this morning - 6-8 in of fresh snow. Shoveling instead of running.

Unfortunately that probably means we have officially lost most of our bush trails until April.
    Our riverside trail is a skating rink from the freezing rain last week so now with a layer of snow it promises to be *kitten*.

@7lenny7 Kody always looks like he's saying " enough rest lets get moving" one happy hound
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @NikolaosKey Fantastic new PB!

@skippygirlsmom "Galaxy of Lights at the botanical gardens" 5K sounds so lovely!

@fithealthygirl Wow, yay for being able to achieve your stretch mileage goal!

@MNLittleFinn Did I miss you registering for Zumbro?!

@JessicaMcB So sorry about your 100 miler being thwarted by a cougar yesterday. My HM yesterday being thwarted by 2 friendly stray dogs seems hilarious in comparison. :smile:

@7lenny7 "Rest" is a 4-letter word.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    x7bpc138q52a.jpeg

Just call me Laces Steppinstrong ;)
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    November 1 — 4.16 miles
    November 3 — 4.1 miles
    November 5 — 9.22 miles
    November 7 — 4.11 miles
    November 9 — 4.1 miles
    November 11 — 4.1 miles
    November 13 — 10.55 miles
    November 15 — 4.11 miles
    November 17 — 4.15 miles
    November 19 — 8.81 miles
    November 21 — 4.1 miles
    November 23 — 4.11 miles
    November 26 — 9.11 miles

November total — 75.73/75 miles

exercise.png
  • hjeppley
    hjeppley Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @JessicaMcB despite the cougar! One day. One day. Gotta get back to 50K first.

Today is a water walking and PT day for me after the long run yesterday. A couple of interesting things to report. I have decided to go back to attempting to fully restore my glycogen stores, so I made a real effort to take in recovery carbs yesterday. The other thing I did was to wear a pair of wool tights all day after my long run. I think those two things really made a difference in my recovery. Even though I was not feeling good at all yesterday before or right after my long run, I feel considerably better this morning. The bonus is that even though I gained 3 pounds of water (which I believe), I also seem to have lost 4 lbs of fat over the long weekend (I am guessing this is some kind of weird scale inaccuracy though)! Someday I am going to get a real DEXA scan... @amymoreorless Just call me Shuffles Carboloadski (seems particularly appropriate this week!).
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Wow! That's still a lot of miles. And you gotta admit, as far as reasons for cutting a run short are concerned, cougars are at the top of the cool list. It's a privilege to live where you gotta worry about cougars, the large predators where I run are mostly two legged!

I'm up at Ohmygosh-itsstilldark-thirty getting ready to run, trying to swap my body clock in time for Saturday's race. My husband and I both work long distance and mostly work nights and run evenings, and our last 5k (which was mostly walking, since we weren't yet able to run that far) was painful due to being in the middle of our sleep cycle. I figure in order to get up, eat breakfast, get dressed, run around like chickens with our heads cut off being disorganized, drive an hour to get downtown, find parking in the middle of an influx of 25k people, and figure out where our corral is, I need to get up at approximately elumpteen hours before starting time. Better to suffer through the jet lag a few days before the actual race.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    5 miles slow this am.

exercise.png