WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    On no Terry! I hope you feel better soon.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Ok lost two posts. Doing this on my phone. Hard to hold as I fell on the ice this morning and either fractured or sprained my wrist. On my way to the dr in 15min to have it checked out. Not what I had planned for my day off. Did get winter tires on and cat to vet. I’ll let you know what they say.

Terry hurting in VT

Terry - yikes! Good luck at the doc's. Gentle HUGS!!!

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    Options
    Terry Ouch!
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hello! It's World Hello Day!

"World Hello Day ... encourages us to take the opportunity to simply greet people, and to recognize how important simple communication is in our daily lives." It was born out of the peace discussions at the close of the Yom Kippur War in 1973.

Becca - Well, your elk is beautiful...

Drkatiebug - George apparently isn't interested in me either! What, he doesn't like butterflies?!

Janet - I think I'm allowed to put the URL here as long as I don't link off-site. If that doesn't work, a search on "alton brown brussels sprouts with pecans and cranberries" should find it. The recipe is here: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/brussels-sprouts-with-pecans-and-cranberries-recipe-1944845
    The hermit cookies are here: foodess.com/recipes/spiced-date-raisin-cookies-hermit-cookies/

Machka - I've been playing with Gaelic lessons on Duolingo. Mostly I'm just learning that my brain is not quite as plastic as it was when I was younger!

Still scrambling to find time for what seems like an awful lot of rushing around for Thanksgiving. Need to extend my break long enough to make a grocery list so I can send Philip to the store.

Take care, all - especially those of you who've got ice to contend with!

-Yvonne in TX
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Fractured wrist
    Chipped bone
    Partial cast

Terry hurting in VT 0dcytf39a6qi.jpeg
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Oh Terry :'(:o:s
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Oh Terry, I’m so sorry!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Terry: I am so sorry that your wrist is broken. Is the chipped bone part of the wrist or higher in your arm? Feel better soon! :flowerforyou: The following quotation is just for you & others who need it:
    "When you are going through hell....keep going." Winston Churchill

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    So sorry Terry!!!! Get better soon!
    Becca
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Terry, ouch!! Sure hope you heal fast!
    Heather, awesome about the amazon order and the age test!!
    Katla, sorry to hear that you are still not feeling well, hoping it clears up soon!
    Cathy, what part of Canada are you from? I'm on Vancouver Island.
    Sharon, sounds like you had an interesting few days! Happy that you enjoyed your time with the grandkids!
    Down 2 pounds from this time last week, yay! Still need to lose a few more to get down to where MFP thinks I am tho. Oh well, as long as I keep on the track that I'm currently on, I should be there in a few more weeks. I'll still have 23 lbs to go, but it's a start! Need to get a few rooms in my house organized, still some boxes left from our move, they need to get unpacked!
    Hope everone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Terry: I am so sorry that your wrist is broken. Is the chipped bone part of the wrist or higher in your arm? Feel better soon! :flowerforyou: The following quotation is just for you & others who need it:
    "When you are going through hell....keep going." Winston Churchill

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

The chip is part of the wrist. Go to the orthopedic dr in about 5 days and they will take more X-rays. If it isn’t better they will put me in a full cast.

Thanks all of you for your concern
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    DrKatiebug and Yvonne, thank you so much for the recipes. I have printed them out will give them a whirl. lol

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Terry so sorry about your wrist, it does not look pleasant at all. What a time of year to do this, of course it's cold icy weather time :(

Janetr OKC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Terry, been there done that. It hurts like heck. I had to have surgery with a plate and screws. Even more pain. Hugs!
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. This is just a quick check in because I just got home from work and have to head out to my support group (Sanon). We had the other group last night. I'm grouped to death LOL. But everyone at both groups is awesome and so supportive. Last night was DH's last time at that group, so it was kind of sad, but to see the support he got was wonderful. It's cold here so I'll be bundling up! Take care all. Sorry about your wrist Terry. (((hugs)))) to all of you! Meg from Omaha
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Oh Terry~ not good... I am so sorry, this is when you have DH do the step and fetch for you lol
    my phone was acting wonky so I had to go to the verizon store to get that figured out..
    I am mentally exhausted. tried talking to my boss but he is just sort of throwing me to the wolves,,, but I want to enjoy this week and then worry about things next week...will have 3 days off next week so we shall see how that all goes..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Fractured wrist
    Chipped bone
    Partial cast

Terry hurting in VT 0dcytf39a6qi.jpeg

Very sorry to see this!! I hope you heal well.