Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Poop, and I thought FlexiGeorge really liked me for his one and only, lol.

Terry, I will add you to my prayer list for quick healing.

I have a funeral to go to tomorrow. The son of a friend. It's awful when a parent has to bury their child. Seems to hurt more.

Well, I've been under the weather since returning from Vanuatu. Went and got a blood test to see if it was malaria but thank God that is negative, and I am starting to bounce back. Thought I would have to cancel my half marathon on Sunday, but now I think I might still go. I could hardly walk for two days with violent runs and nausea but I am back to normal now.

Mary, that scorpion would scare the @%$^&amp; out of me! Thank God we don't have any creepy crawlies like that here.

Just out of interest, thought I would tell you that a visit to the doctor here cost me $40 and the antibiotics and steroids he gave me cost $10 and the blood test was free. Our taxes are quite high but for people on low incomes, it costs even less to see a doctor and get prescriptions. We don't have any health insurance although some people take out private insurance. Everybody gets treated here and it doesn't cost any extra to have a baby either. It is a pretty good system I think. <3 Wendy
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    drKatiebug didn't realise you could do screenshot on ipad well we learn something new every day, thanks for recipe I love sprouts

Kate
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest, thought I would tell you that a visit to the doctor here cost me $40 and the antibiotics and steroids he gave me cost $10 and the blood test was free. Our taxes are quite high but for people on low incomes, it costs even less to see a doctor and get prescriptions. We don't have any health insurance although some people take out private insurance. Everybody gets treated here and it doesn't cost any extra to have a baby either. It is a pretty good system I think. <3 Wendy

Similar here and in Canada too. :)

M in Oz

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Interesting day yesterday - the crapweasel sperm donor picked up my grandson last night for the Thanksgiving holiday after giving my daughter heart palpitations--saying he was going to pick him up from school, so she wouldn't have a chance to say goodbye. It took threats of calling the sheriff to get him to back down. Such a nimrod. All turned out fine, but my daughter's dealing with a husband overseas and her six-year-old gone for the holiday. I ache for her... but at least we're here, and not 1500 miles away.

I am footloose and fancy free for a whole five days... and without a grant hanging over me! Such luxury... it's the quiet time of year for grantors, and should be hearing once I return about the half dozen or so that are in grantors hands. Fingers crossed!

Writing again for Blogmutt in my spare time - keeps my writing chops fresh, and makes me do research about things I know little about in order to write posts that range from 250 to 900 words. And, I pick up a little cash in the meantime. :) I'm apparently completely incapable of not writing anymore. Might as well make a little money while I'm at it.

Worried about our absent friends... but thankful for all of you as the holiday season begins here in the U.S. There's already Christmas music in every store.

Love y'all,
    Lisa
  • Machka9
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    We got a black light so we could go scorpion hunting we found this one on our back wall.

That might be what I need. We've found 4 in our house. One was in the basement, on the wall. One was dead in the bathroom. One came marching toward my feet when I was sitting on the toilet in the toilet room. And the fourth came marching across the carpet toward my feet in the dining room.

It does make me a bit nervous when I get up in the night.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Another nice long walk to the Botanical Garden at lunch ... and then a longer walk to the beach and the full length of the beach and back, in the water. I was wading anywhere from ankle deep to hip deep. The water wasn't too cold, and is so lovely and clear.

This is the first time in ages I've worn a bathing suit ... and actually, it was a bathing suit, water shorts (boy shorts), and a lightweight, short-sleeved rashie. The wind off the water is chilly and the walk to the beach and back is about 1 km each way, so I didn't want to go in just a bathing suit. :sunglasses:

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    up having my tea... my best friend and her husband are here in town to see there new grandaughter and the her sister is will be here too with her kids, we all grew up together and will be wonderful to spend whatever time I can with them....today will be a short day working until 2:30 , then home to do some cleaning and might go out tonight to visit we shall see..tomorrow morning cooking
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    I emailed Lenora but haven't had a response back. I hope she is OK. She hasn't posted on Facebook.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Did an hour on the treadmill today. The stairstepper is STILL broken. There wasn't a sign on it. I have a feeling that even tho I mentioned it to the gal last time I went to use it which was months ago, I suspect she didn't do anything about it. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

Exercised, paid my annual dues to the Y, then came home and Vince and I went to get our oil changed and state inspections. If we went today we got 25% off. Hey, any little bit helps. I ordered a pair of pants (50% off!) from Belk. Now if my order was another 50 cents, I would get free shipping, which would be a $9 savings. So I ordered a measuring (liquid) cup that I may give to Jess. I don't remember seeing one at her place. It was only $5 and it saved me the shipping. Later we have a dance lesson. When I came home from getting my car inspected, I stopped at Dollar Tree. Got 2 T cards for $1.

M - I've heard that Mandarin is a very tough language to learn. But I know if anyone can do it, you can

Cathy - Welcome. Keep coming here and you WILL find the power!

Lisa - so many of the stores are having their Black Friday sales starting yesterday or today. I know I've gotten emails from Belks, Amazon and JCPenney to name a few

drkatiebug - you won't be sorry you got that countertop oven! Even if you only use it once a year, you'll be ever so grateful you have it. Trust me.

katla - would you say that you are JUST a horse fan???? I would say it is more than that. Get better fast

Terry glad you're getting your wrist checked out. Please keep us informed. Update: OUCH!

Heather - I sent Lenora a PM but haven't heard anything. She bought some DVD's from me a while ago and I needed her address to know where to send them. Fortunately, I still have that message so I'm going to send her a card with my email address in case she can't get back to me, someone else can. Hopefully, someone will.

Carol - are you in contact with Lenora?

Sue in WA - good news from the doc! Keep it up!

Saw DWTS last night. I knew who was going to win! It was just so obvious.

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday. Went to deep water today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD by Jari Love. Then we leave for Jess'. Most days I'll probably do some HIIT. Since we're only going to be there for 2 nights, I'm just bringing a small suitcase, my food and my embroidery to do in the car. Usually I wind up taking so many things that my arms are loaded. But I don't think I will need to this time. Vince FINALLY got the tables out of the storage room. I've had things on the counter to take to her for days already. I've been packed for a few days, too. I don't think I forgot anything.

Joyce - you take care of yourself. How wonderful that you "adopted" that may but how sad that so many in your family don't accept him.

Lisa - the last time we were at ceramics they were playing Christmas music. I'm a bit surprised as some people get very upset. No ceramics tonight

All this talk about scorpions is giving me the willies

Siting here reading all the posts while eating my breakfast of peas, kale and quinoa, egg substitute and oatmeal.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,382 Member
    Options
    Just noticed that Lenora hasn't logged in here for the last 5 days.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about Lenora so I went through the files. The last post I found was 11/17. Here is what she said:

"I've had a 'great' couple of days. Totally lost yesterday. Don't remember it at all. Four seizures on Wednesday. I don't know what I am doing. I guess I am lucky I am not dead.
    November 17, 2017 4:33PM"

I wonder whether she's in the hospital. I thought I saw a post from her about that, but I can't find it. Sending hugs and prayers for her.

Katla
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    drKatiebug didn't realise you could do screenshot on ipad well we learn something new every day, thanks for recipe I love sprouts

Kate

Kate, How do you do a screen shot on a tablet. I'd love that capability.

Janetr OKC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just lying in bed and reading posts. Wrist feels a little better today after not moving it since it was put in the half cast. Will try to get done some things that I can to get ready for tomorrow. Not sure that’s going to be much.

I’m worried about Lenora too. I had thought that was her last post.

Joyce, it’s too bad that people can’t be accepting. You are so good to include that person as part of your family. I’m sure he is very grateful.

A funny thing happened yesterday when I fell. My cousin in Vegas got really dizzy right at the same time. Guess we are connected. Really weird.

Well guess I’d better get moving. Going to take a shower and then see what I can accomplish today.

Hope everyone has a great day! Terry
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    I emailed Lenora but haven't had a response back. I hope she is OK. She hasn't posted on Facebook.

Oh goodness, I'm very worried about her.

Also thinking of our friend in Nasville that was going to tell her husband she was through with the marriage due to his gambling problem.

Janetr OKC
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    spikeyhair wrote: »

Kate

Kate, How do you do a screen shot on a tablet. I'd love that capability.

Janetr OKC

Janet on the iPad you press power and home button at the same time and it saves to photos

Kate
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    Janet some devices you use power and volume button if you google screenshot on tablet you get various links

Kate
  • Machka9
    edited November 2017
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - I've heard that Mandarin is a very tough language to learn. But I know if anyone can do it, you can

Thanks!

It is the tonal part that I would find difficult. However, when we were in Hong Kong and Taiwan, I was able to identify "Thank you" ... Xièxiè 谢谢 when it was spoken. And I was able to work out the characters for "Exit" ... 出口 in the trains.

But there's a lot more to learn!!

M in Oz
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,084 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    M loved the whale pictures. I was fortunate to see a mother and her baby in Mexico It is amazing how long the stay down before the surface. I agree those approaching the whale in the water and on a ski craft were not being very smart.

They truly are magnificent animals. When we returned we had dolphins playing with the boat. Thanks for bringing back the magical memory.

Lenora Healing prayers...

:heart: Margaret