WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    SnowDog16 wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, new here. In Sept I turned 50, a few days after my birthday I stepped on the scale. Crap! How did I gain that much. 253 lbs, So I started logging in my food, Been doing it 58 Days now. I have lost 20 lbs. I want to feel better and this is my start. Hope I can find some of your long term staying power and learn to make it a life change. Lose more, get fitter and do some sports without hurting so much. I love to ride horses and I do agility with my dog, requires me to run with my dog. Hope I can get through the month of Dec. Canadian so this week is no problem.
    Cathy in Canada

Welcome here!

Roughly where in Canada?

I am Canadian-Australian ... grew up in western Canada, moving between the 4 provinces, and then moved to Australia in 2009.

Oh, and I turned 50 in March. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    Just taken two bio age tests, encouraged by Machka. One gave my bio age as 50 and the other as 45. I am 68. :o:D:laugh:

Heather UK xxxxxxx

Congratulations!! :grin:

I watched the demo video for this new fitness thing my place of employment is encouraging us to do, and they said that the bio age questionnaire won't put us more than 7 years over or more than 7 years under our actual age. I started 3 years under my age, and in 2.5 days of logging my exercise, I've dropped a year ... I'm down to 46 now. If only it were that easy! I'd be 16 again! :grin:

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    ydailey wrote: »
    Machka - I've been playing with Gaelic lessons on Duolingo. Mostly I'm just learning that my brain is not quite as plastic as it was when I was younger!

But they say that being physically active (especially), learning a language, learning to play a musical instrument, and taking further education are good ways to ward off dementia.

So learning Gaelic, even if it is challenging, is probably a good thing. :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Went to the pulmonologist this morning and sarcoidosis seems to be in remission. Things look good but cold weather is coming and I always have more trouble with cold air. No medications currently and I do not need to see him again for 6 months. Yay!

Cathy in Canada - Welcome! DD and I have 2 horses.

Terry - Sending you healing angels. Hope you get better quickly.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    Terry - aw, shucks! Looks like a serious cast! Are you right or left handed? Here's hoping a quick recovery for you!

Lanette
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    Ffffff
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    I too am concerned about Lenora - Carol, is she in your neck of the woods?

Lanette
  • Machka9
    Options
    SnowDog16 wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcomes. I am near Edmonton, AB. It is cold and a bit windy today. We are to get a little warmer the next few days.
    Terry so sorry about your arm, I worry about falling on the ice each winter. I hope you heal quickly.
    Cathy in Canada

I have spent most of my life in Alberta ... in and near Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, and Calgary. :)

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.47min, 146mhr, 11.4amph. 1.5mi= 90c
    apple watch- 64c
    JOG TREADMILL- 29.20min, 9.46min mi, 6-8sp, 145ahr, 162mhr, 3mi= 331c
    apple watch- 333c
    floor exerc- 10min, 3 sets of 10ea, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, knees to chest n out, 121mhr= 105c
    apple watch- 104c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 7.03min, 133mhr, 12.1amph, 1.4mi= 70c
    apple watch- 58c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.58min, 147mhr, 11.4amph, 3mi= 163c
    apple watch- 114c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.22min, 150mhr, 137ahr, 10.16min mi. .5mi= 79c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.46min, 10.10min mi, 1446mhr, .4mi = 53c
    apple watch - 52c
    ride dome 2 hm- 23.47min, 6.5amph, 145mhr, 2.5mi = 222c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 1121
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Sue, glad you are in remission. That’s good news!

Mary, if I saw that on my wall I wouldn’t be able to sleep! Yikes!!

Machka, I don’t think I want to know my bio age. I’m afraid what I’d find out.

Going to stay home tomorrow. I have Thursday and Friday off . I am doing thanksgiving at my house so will need a little more help than I thought I would.

I’m beat so off to bed.

Terry
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    t31211.gif
    sumo squat 3x10 @ 30 lbs
    dumbbell row 3x10 @ 30 lbs
    bench press 3x10 @ 30 lbs

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *13,000 steps
    *175 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *198 minutes riding the exercise bike

:) I didn't read the thread this morning, just in case someone said something about DWTS. I rode the exercise bike and watched my DVR to see the show this morning. Since I didn't read the thread, I used my time at breakfast to read a few days of Lisa's blog. It was very good company.

<3 Barbie from beautiful, chilly, damp NW Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terry: I hope the actual injury is not as awful as you fear. A good cast can help a person feel better and more secure while the healing goes forward. :flowerforyou:

Meg: You're an amazing woman. (((HUGS))) backatcha!

Machka: Sixteen was not a particularly good time in my life. I wouldn't go back there again for a million dollars. :noway: Fifty plus is much nicer. :devil:

Sue in WA: Congratulations on the great medical report. WTG!!! :bigsmile:

Mary: So good to hear that you're having fun in your new lifestyle. :smiley:

DH & I were going to his sister's for Thanksgiving, but we're not feeling up to that. We've been trading off as to who feels worse. I've been having a headache for the past several days and so has he. This is very unusual for us. We both think it is some sort of virus. We had a good day today and bought our Thanksgiving meal--not a turkey. I love turkey, but it isn't so great when there are only two for dinner. We're planning to have beef this time. :bigsmile:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Terry, will this take you out of Thanksgivng and Christmas cooking? I have never had a cast on. Take care.

Mary, you don't sound in the least bit concerned that a scorpion is on your wall! Or is that why you got the black light.

Heather, you are one foxy young lady!!!!!!

Well I bought my first Christmas present today on Amazon. It's the present that we draw names for. My brother and his wife got aquanted with this adult man who has spins bifida. For most of his childhood years he lived in a group home with others with the same disability and they were abused. So the have adopted him. No, you can't adopt an adult man but hey helped him legally change his na,e to Peterson. He was very attached to my Mom who accepted him uncmditionally the first time she met him and proclaimed him a Peterson. She died shortly after and it really affected him. He said he finally got a Grandmotjer who loved him and then she was immediately taken away. Mom died in 2011 and he has gradually worked through it. But most of the family here has not accepted him. He never comes to any of the family gatherings, he does call a couple of us that do care. I'm trying to type with the hiccups and it's hard. Well I have his name. From his face book posts, he loves WWE wrestling which none of us do. I know if I really cared what HE wants, I would try to find a poster or get him a ticket in his area. So I asked him for ideas. He likes this particular rap group and the lead singer has died which means that the last concert was the last concert. So I have ordered it form Amazon. One other thing he really likes is rubber duckies. I know if he came up for Christmas and he opened that present, the family that doesn't recognize him as family would see him as rather immature. So I will include that in his box that will go home with my brother. He said he really needed towels so a runner ducky will go nice with it.

I have also looked for things for all my nieces and nephews. I can't be.ieve there are 8 of them now and no one is married, me of the nephews may not be coming. They rely on my brother to tKe care. The financial Spect of coming. That is a 2 day stay and gas plus meals not eaten here. So ey have just told them that if you can't find the money en you don't go. I do have to say that secretly I am glad they may not come. The last baby born I just can't see it in my heart to accept and love. Whenever the Mom of these 4 kids FMLA herself pregnant, she knows she can just call up my nephew and he will accept her back in his home and give the baby his name. I hate to call a woman a s,ut but that's what I feel she is. One year she sId she couldn't come up here because she had the flu. When my meow he got back home, he found out that was just a lie she said so that she could spend the weekend in their home with another guy. When he got home, they were still in bed. Of the 4 kids, he only knows 2 of them are his, maybe 3. But he knows the 4th is not. Rant over and I have got to get rid of see hiccups.

Something. Is going on with me and I hope it is on,y temporary. As you all know I have high B/P and he added another medicine to my already 5 different kinds. For the last couple of days I have had a doozy of a headache. One way I can get rid of it is to get a good nights sleep. I know that if I really want to assure a really sound sleep is to take an extra of my Epitol/Tegretol/Carbamazepine whichever name you want to call it. It is one that takes care of nerve pain. I take 3 a day and an extra one will make me drowsy. So the fist night, it didn't work so last night I took two extra. So I have been really woozy/dizzy most of the day. It's kind of like when I had my neurogenic cardiovascular syncope. When I stand up, my heart rate really goes up and my B/P goes down a little but nothing like it did before. So no extra medicine for me tonight. So will see how tomorrow goes. Thanksgiving is at my house and I have to be able to stand up!!!!

Love you all, nighty night Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies.
    Does anyone here have a way to contact Lenora other than MFP ,really.worried about her and also Chris in Ma.