Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday ladies. <3 NYKAREN
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Last day of work for five days... looking forward to time spent avoiding the Black Friday sales, so we'll be doing all our shopping today/tomorrow for the rest of the week.

Where's Chris in Massachusetts? Been thinking about her job issues, as well as yours, Allie.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in NC
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Yvonne wrote - "DrKatieBug - My favorite brussels sprouts recipe so far is Alton Brown's brussels sprouts with pecans and cranberries, at least in part because it's not just beautiful and delicious but it's also very quick to make on the stovetop."

I NEED this recipe please. Also tack on the Hermit cookies if you can. I would so appreciate that.
    <3

Janetr OKC

Sure hope this isn’t breaking the rules. I made sure the copyright showed. A quick google search yielded.....

pm8djvl5c43p.png

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Karen in Virginia
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    I think I’m going with this one, though, since I had already taken Michele’s advice and ordered a countertop roaster from Amazon that is arriving tomorrow.

ckeawntp9epc.png

• drkatiebug
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I’ll bet you could simplify the Alton Brown recipe by buying the already chopped, washed Brussels sprouts and Kale in the bagged salad section of the store. I’m going to try it on a different day. I’m already putting pecans on top of the sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving and the slaw look of that recipe isn’t what I’m going for. (Ok, I know that sounded weird, but it is true.) I also want to try the skinny taste recipe as is with the squash, but I’m going to just double the sprouts for Thanksgiving and use Bragg’s amino acids instead of soy sauce.

Janet, you’re on your own for the Hermit cookies. Or maybe the OP can help. I can’t remember who mentioned them.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all! FlexyGeorge strikes again! I glanced at the message, a quick "Ummmm...no." and hit the block button. I just got back from swimming. Tomorrow will be the final day the pool is open for the rest of the week, so I will probably hit it again tomorrow morning.

The restaurant my DYS took me to for birthday dinner is a local Mexican restaurant that I have never been to. It was REALLY good. I was immediately relieved to hear the staff speaking spanish to each other when we walked in (Monday night=slow night). I ordered two quesadillas and was pleased to see that they weren't drowning in cheese. One was mushroom, the other was grilled shrimp. They served them with shredded lettuce, tomato, guacamole, sour cream, all on the side. A generous serving of rice (looked like about two cups!) Oh, and the home made pico de gallo. Delish. Very very good. DYS ordered a beer and I ordered a pineapple jarritos (soda). We ended up sharing our beverages, because DYS was driving. So...I poured half his beer into my glass, and he took half of my soda. Anyway, it was just nice to sit with him and talk about work, school, family, politics, movies...everything. <3

Felicia -So sorry to hear about your sister! Sending you hugs and love. Safe travels as you make your way home.
    Heather-Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you and DH had a wonderful day/evening!
    Allie- Sorry to hear about your job! On the upside, it IS the holiday season. I bet you could find something to tide you over until you find something more permanent! Many companies hire holiday help; and keep some of the better employees on after the holidays as permanent employees! Good luck, dear! Sending you hugs!
    Cathy- Welcome! Judging by your post, we are about the same age and weight. I just turned 51 last week, and I weigh about 220. This is a wonderful group of women and I can't say enough about the support they give. We all know our emotions are linked to our weight loss and gain. Keep making good choices, keep logging, and keep visiting this thread. You can do it! Sounds like you are off to a great start! Whoot!

Well, kids will be arriving soon. Thinking of you all, even though I may not have mentioned you! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Janetr: I also blocked flexigeorge and deleted his message. What a pest. :grumble:

Becca: I would like to remind you that elk are beautiful. Too bad that your antlers can't be used to run the creep through. :grumble:

Cathy in Canada: Welcome to a great group! Stop by often. You can find us again by clicking on the hollow star at the top of our page. It will turn yellow. After that, you can find us by clicking on the gray star that is beside "Message Boards>Motivation & support." :smiley: PS: A few of us are horse fans.

Dr Katie: The brussels sprouts and cranberries look pretty. I wonder what the calorie count is. I like the basic ingredients although rarely use pecans. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou: I use Bragg's vinegar all the time, but have never seen their amino acids. Are they a liquid form or???

We planned to go to DH's sister's house for Thanksgiving but we're still sick and don't want to expose others. My headache is way down from yesterday but I still notice it. I haven't been to yoga in several days although I'm tempted today. I don't think I am contagious but I still have a noticeable headache & don't want to expose others. I don't think I'm energetic enough to deal with Arrow, so he'll have to do without me for a while longer. I bought a bareback pad so that I can practice my balance without hurting his boney back or my boney backside and I'm eager to try it out but it will have to wait until the headache goes away.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    @Katla49 , yes, the Brahg’s Amino Acids are a liquid soy sauce substitute. I like it.
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Ok lost two posts. Doing this on my phone. Hard to hold as I fell on the ice this morning and either fractured or sprained my wrist. On my way to the dr in 15min to have it checked out. Not what I had planned for my day off. Did get winter tires on and cat to vet. I’ll let you know what they say.

Terry hurting in VT
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Kim - Thanks for the info on the oxidative wine. I hadn't heard that term before. It's a style I love, e.g. fino sherry, Jura Vin jaune, Sercial, but I wouldn't want to drink it all the time.

Big delivery from Amazon today. I've got most of the grandchildren's presents now and I just need the go ahead from DDIL for Bea's clothing gift. I'm afraid it's mainly plastic tastic, but they specifically asked for them. :'( I have got a book and Playdough stuff.
    Also came my noise cancelling ear buds, which seem to work pretty well as long as I jam them in my ears. The thing I like is that they have an instant mute button if I want to hear announcements. I want them mainly for the train, so that is useful. They also come with an airplane adaptor. I couldn't hear DH talking to me with the volume up, but he said he could hear some sound leaking. They didn't cost a fortune, so I am pleased. I love trains, but people can be very annoying........... :o:#
    But the tiny 2" Bluetooth speaker is amazing. Really pleased with that for around $9. :D In my kitchen it sounds really loud. Ain't technology amazing!!!!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Terry - just seen your post. Ouch! Hope it's not broken. I fell this Easter and it took about 6 weeks to heal. I think I had a hairline crack.
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Terry hope it isn't broken!
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Terry- I hope you feel better soon!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    \\\\\\\\
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Has anyone heard from Dana lately?
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Terry: I've broken both wrists in separate falls on unseen ice. I'm glad to hear that you're going to have a doctor check it out for you. I hope it isn't broken. :star:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon