WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,135 Member
    Options
    Michele- I made a similar appetizer tray for Thanksgiving it looked like a turkey and a warning is that the fruit should be extremely dry or it will make the cheese get wet. Make sure you don't put any crackers anywhere near the cheese or fruit or they get soggy within a very short time. I would venture to say that possibly you could have star shaped sugar cookies just for a visual effect.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
    Ppppp
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Michele, You could cut a piece of hard cheese in a star shape for the top and just have regular crackers on the side. I like the townhouse flipsides pretzel crackers.

• drkatiebug
    Options
    I found these on Amazon....

3o3kftrwmprl.png
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    I've been here many months now, but I'm puzzled by one thing ... what is the meaning behind posting a few random letters of the alphabet or a collection of anchors or something?
  • frankiesgirl21
    frankiesgirl21 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My stepdad left us today....
    frankiesgirl21
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    My stepdad left us today....
    frankiesgirl21

So sorry, frankiesgirl21, prayers for you and your family. <3

Janetr OKC
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka - the random letters or smiles are a placekeeper, so their bookmarks will take them back to where they last posted. My system takes me back to where I was last, so I don't usually worry about it. But, on my part, when I'm posting infrequently, it is also to let people know I'm alive and well so they don't go hunting me down. It's a caring bunch!

Lenora - on that note, hope you're home and doing better.

And on the hospital privacy thing, the few times I've been in recently, there's a piece of paperwork that says what level of privacy you want, and one of the choices has been to not have any information given out at all.

Joyce - so glad to see you posting! Hope they get your pain under control soon...

Have picked up a bunch of you on Facebook, which is cool... Kinda like having a bunch of loving sisters out there to keep an eye on me if I stop posting. Which reminds me, time to get some writing done. Love y'all!

Lisa in NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - the random letters or smiles are a placekeeper, so their bookmarks will take them back to where they last posted. My system takes me back to where I was last, so I don't usually worry about it. But, on my part, when I'm posting infrequently, it is also to let people know I'm alive and well so they don't go hunting me down. It's a caring bunch!

I wondered if it might be something like that, but both my phone and computer take me back to where I left off automatically.

Speaking of connecting in other ways, is anyone here on Strava ... tracking your cycling or running or whatever?

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    In recovery mode now. Ate and drank copiously and now to get back on track. I would like to shift a couple of my regained pounds before Christmas.
    The steak we ordered in the restaurant was not rare as we had asked for. I rarely have steak out as it is hardly ever cooked properly, but DH was having it and I was tempted. We sent both our steaks back and, after a delay, they brought us fresh ones, which were rare, but not tender. So they offered us free desserts. We didn't really want dessert, so we ordered a glass of dessert wine each and a cheeseboard to share. Score! :D

I love having visitors, but I am always relieved when they leave and will be in collapse mode today. We've done our normal exercise routine. Having left over veggie chilli for dinner tonight. :pB)

I do hope we hear something about Lenora soon. :'( If you can read this, sending love. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Options
    Today was a rainy day. My husband worked the early part of the day and was fortunately able to work around the shower after shower after shower that came over while he was out there.

We debated briefly about going for a bicycle ride, but the rain just kept coming, heavier and more steadily. We rode in a downpour yesterday, so weren't keen on riding in another downpour today. We debated briefly about going to the gym, but he just felt tired. This was Day 7 in a row on the job for him, with no days off in sight, so he opted to nap and I rode my trainer instead.

1 hour on the trainer, doing "Commercial Intervals" to UK's Escape to the Country. :grin: Plus about 10 minutes of weight lifting ... I've got to do more of that, and I know I'm going to feel a bit stiff tomorrow.

And the project I'm working on these days is route creation/adjustment for cycling events. I've completed 1 route, submitted it, and it has been officially posted. I've got another one ready to go and am working on a third. I'll submit those two together because they're modifications of existing routes. I don't know if any of you have worked with Ride with GPS ... it's a decent program, but has some absolutely hair pulling "features". Every time I think that something should take me half an hour to do ends up taking about 2 hours!!

Machka in Oz
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,740 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am sitting in my room and looking at the sun come up on the tree's outside,just beautiful..
    today is my last day off before going back to work.. so after feeding DFIL will come back and finish up my resume. and hopefully my DD will be able to show me how to use my firestick today..she has this next week off so we will be doing some stuff together which is nice...
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning! After 2 strong cups of coffee, I guess I can manage to say goodbye to DD as she goes back to college this a.m. She'll be home in 3 weeks, I think I can handle it. Her big news is she is planning on study abroad in South Africa, so excited for her. She is a practial kid and made sure to choose a program that matched her field of study and was within the same cost as a semester of study in US (Smart kid!) Of course, she's worried about not having time for summer work because the program begins in July, I told her if she's clever, she will find ways to pick up a few side gigs to make some money.

Well, back to work realities, cleaning out the fridge and have a long list for my instant pot today, hard boiled eggs for the week, yogurt and turkey vegetable soup to lay out successful eating for the new week. Feels good to get back to normal at the gym as well.

Take care all, NYKAREN

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday all! Well, I can't believe this is the last day of my four day weekend! Where did that go?! I have managed to get an hour walk in every day, which has helped (I hope) with the holiday calorie damage. I have also been busy winterizing the yard/house, cleaning inside, and putting up Christmas deco. I will not put up the greenery or tree for a week or two yet. I picked up the latest Dan Brown book that the library was holding for me. I colored my hair. It is darker than I like it, but it will lighten up within a week, I think, due to the chlorine in the pool.

I have the ham bone in the crock pot with some navy beans and carrots for a yummy bean soup! That is the end of Thanksgiving "leftovers", good thing!

Sending healing thoughts, prayers, and vibes to Lenora and Joyce! Take care ladies!

Machka- I started to use Strava. Used it for a couple days, then injured my self! lol I still have the app on my phone, but just need to get my walking back on track again. My DOS uses it for walking and cycling. He is pretty active and likes to see his progress.
    Heather-I love reading your posts! It seems everything you do, eat, enjoy is carefully planned to ensure total enjoyment. You live a very meaningful life. I love that! Always makes me smile! <3
    Frankiesgirl- Sending love and hugs! So sorry for your loss. :(

ooops! Viber is calling and it is my grandson! ttfn KJ

• drkatiebug
    Options
    Hugs and condolences to Frankiesgirl.

Back on track again. Sure hope my resolve lasts longer than it did yesterday.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    Frankiegirl sorry for your loss of your step father.

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Of course, she's worried about not having time for summer work because the program begins in July, I told her if she's clever, she will find ways to pick up a few side gigs to make some money.

Down here, our Semester 1 is from the end of February to the beginning of June, and our Semester 2 is from the middle of July to the beginning of November ... so it sounds like South Africa has a similar semester system.

M in Oz