WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR NOVEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

I'm thinking of you all but can't find time to get caught up. I cooked turkey yesterday (Friday) and did the crock pot dressing which turned out the best I’ve ever done.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

Just a drive by post - but I saw this am SO happy. As far as I know you and I are the only people ever to make that crockpot stuffing- well, I know I love it, but was worried about recommending it to another cook! So happy it turned out for you!

Terry, Joyce, Lenora, I’m sending well wishes your ways.

Rye (I’m fine, but in no time to spare mid life and families crisis management mode, lol).

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,297 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good evening ladies - the weather here has been beautiful so the hubs and I have taken the car out for a cruise every day to enjoy it while we can. Other than that, we aren't accomplishing much.

I think I am about done with my Christmas shopping, I ordered almost everything. The lights are up on the house (done by our handyman), the tree is on the back porch, the Christmas covers are on the back porch pillows, the fake flowers on my outside bar are switched out to Christmas flowers and the doormats for all the doors are switched out to Merry Christmas ones. I think that is probably about all I am going to do. I am just not feeling it this year with the loss of my brother and my brother in law this year. We will be at my in-laws for Christmas, so I often take my decorations down before we leave so it isn't waiting on me when I get back.

As for my weight, it is coming back down each day. I am hopeful for a new low when I weigh in Monday. Fingers crossed.

Get well wishes for Lenora and Joyce and continued healing for Terry.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Just skimming trying to catch up. Had thanksgiving at Jess' on Friday. As usual, Denise had a lame excuse for not coming. I know Jess is getting frustrated inviting her all the time and she never comes, but we keep telling her to be the bigger person and invite her sister.

The turkey just fell off the bones (again!). Jess gave all the sweet potato casserole her friend for her husband who couldn't come. She also gave her friend LOTS of leftovers.

Bought the farmers cheese to make the pierogi. I can't get it down here so every year when we go to Jess' I get the cheese up there.

Came home to this BIG box from Amazon. I had no idea what it was. It was the 2 cup measuring cup I got for Jess for Christmas so that I could get the free shipping on my pants. Hey, the cup cost $5, shipping would have been $9.

The day after Thanksgiving we went to Kohl's. Got Jess 2 tablecloths. Between my coupons and they were on sale, I got 2 cloth tablecloths for $9

Can Joaquin get any cuter????

Just did HIIT Fri and today. Got in 1/2 hr, but the calorie burn is good. Was busy every day, going to Kohl's and then Jess' and today getting ready to go home. The plan for tomorrow is to do an advanced pilates DVD

Told Vince that my osteoporosis went to osteopenia. I don't know if it was a mistake so we'll wait for next year. I said "maybe all my exercising is paying off". He went on and on about how I've been taking the Prolia and maybe it just now is working. Anything not to acknowledge that exercise just might be good for you. Well, his father was the exact same way

Welcome everyone new

Margaret - happy birthday (a bit late)

Does anyone have one of those peddler-type things that go under your desk? If you do, how heavy is it?

I have to bring an appetizer to the mahjongg Christmas party. Not sure what I should bring. Last year I brought veggies, I really don't want to bring that again. I'm afraid if I bring cheese of some sort that it'll dry out. Any healthy suggestions?

Joyce - hope you're better by now. Update: nice to see you posting!

Carol - thanks for telling us about Lenora. I sure hope she's doing better.

I bet we can find out what hospital she's in. I wouldn't think there'd be that many hospitals in Macon.

Evelyn - congrats on your winning

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    Options
    Carol -

Did Lenora's sister say that she's in the hospital in Macon? I called three different hospitals, and none of them had a patient with her name. I just hope this means that she's been released.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    I have to bring an appetizer to the mahjongg Christmas party. Not sure what I should bring. Last year I brought veggies, I really don't want to bring that again. I'm afraid if I bring cheese of some sort that it'll dry out. Any healthy suggestions?

Does your local grocery store do platters?

One of our stores does something called the "Absolutely Wrapped Vegetarian Platter" ... something like that might be interesting ...
    https://woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/656723/absolutely-wrapped-vegetarian-platter

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Rye and DJ ... I also made stuffing in the crockpot this year ... it was a resounding success!

Beth
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    :) I've enjoyed reading about how happy some of you have been decorating for Christmas. Holidays should be a time of joy.

:) Stats for today:
    *18,000 steps
    *188 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *136 minutes riding the exercise bike

:)Michele, I am reading "Strong Women Strong Bones" and the author cites a lot of evidence about exercise and healthy eating contributing to improvement in bone health.

:) I'm working on creating the pattern to knit a wool scarf and hat to go with one of my winter coats. It's been a long time since I knit anything besides the hats I give to charity. It's time for a challenge.
    427818su42xtrsvb.gif

<3 Barbie from damp NW Washington
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,804 Member
    Options
    Michelle ~ some hospitals will not tell you if a patient is there because of HIPAA privacy polices. But if anyone does find out where she is would love to send her a get well card....went up to my friends house to wait for my friend she showed up when I left,she went out with some girlfriends of hers for dinner and just got back to the house when I was leaving.... Oh well , had a fun time with the rest of the family anyway..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,713 Member
    Options
    Lllll
  • exermom
    Options
    M - right now I'm thinking of making something along these lines:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/133630313923533827/

However, I do need to think on this. I don't ever remember seeing star-shaped crackers. hmmmm....what can I substitute in place of this?

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    Options
    hmmm...the pic didn't come out. What it is is a stick of what looks like colby jack cheese for the base of the tree. Then a row of cheddar cubes, then a row of red grapes, a row of colby jack cubes, a row of green grapes, a row of cheddar cubes, a row of red grapes, a row of colby jack cubes with a star-shaped cracker on top. The rows come in a bit so all together it resembles a christmas tree.

Another thing I'm thinking -- I wonder how long the cheese cubes can stay out before they get dried out??? I have no idea

There are sprigs of thyme and rosemary giving it a "bushy" effect.

Michele in NC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - right now I'm thinking of making something along these lines:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/133630313923533827/

However, I do need to think on this. I don't ever remember seeing star-shaped crackers. hmmmm....what can I substitute in place of this?

Michele in NC

Kiwi is star shaped when sliced .
  • exermom
    Options
    Barbie - I firmly believe in a healthy diet and exercise contributing to bone health. Trust me, you're preaching to the choir with me. Now Vince....that's a different story.

I remember being in FL when his father was quite sick. His daily routine was lay in bed, get up, go to dialysis, come home, have lunch, take a pain pill, lay down, get up and have dinner, take another pain pill, lay down. I said to him "dad, you really need to be walking some, even if it's just around the living room". He said to me in no uncertain terms "I don't want to talk to you about exercise". Then his doctor told him he needed to exercise. Suddenly he was walking around the block. But too little too late, his muscles had already atrophied.

And Vince is just like his father. Vince is waiting for the "vitamin E" (exercise) to be developed.

Allison - I've never had a hospital not tell me if a patient is there due to HIPPA policies. Of course, they don't tell you what they're there for. But we're not concerned about that. I never had a problem with a hospital telling me if a patient was there so I could send them flowers or a card. Interesting....

Michele in NC
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Another lazy day. Eating too much again today. I think it is time to toss some of the leftovers. Back up 2lbs! Yikes! Got to get back on track.

Joyce, can you see my broken wrist waving to your broken foot?lol Hope you heal quickly and don’t hear Monday that there are more broken bones (((Hugs)))

Lenora, sending you lots of healing thoughts and (((Hugs)))

Welcome to all the newbies.

Terry in VT