December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ I’m sitting here laughing at your trying to explain why you had to use the treadmill lol
    then I saw the next post :cry:
    @Azercord ugh so sorry – I hope you receive good news at the end of 4 weeks.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @Azercord So sorry about your foot! I hope you get good news after 4 weeks!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Looks like winter is finally here... temp of 26 and:

fwyqag71cp1a.jpg

Not that it matters, I am sitting here staring at an LCD wondering if I will see the light of day today...heh.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options

fwyqag71cp1a.jpg

Not that it matters, I am sitting here staring at an LCD wondering if I will see the light of day today...heh.

If we saw that outside our window around here, they'd be letting schools out and shutting the city down! Quick! Run to the store and buy milk, bread, and eggs!
    (am I lying, @skippygirlsmom ?!)
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »

I am so excited to see Lonewolfrunner back with us as @LaDispute57! When is your birthday this week? Mine was Tuesday.

Hi! Happy birthday! Mine is on Sunday... bleh...
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    12/1 9.75mi
    12/2 4mi
    12/3 rest
    12/4 4mi
    12/5 6mi
    12/6 5.64mi
    12/7 10mi

So I bumped up my long run to today because it’s supposed to rain tomorrow morning - like 95% chance of rain.

Occasionally my iPhone and Garmin decide they don’t want to talk. I didn’t realize it until I started. So I’m screwing around trying to get it to connect, so several breaks at mile 1.5, mile 3, and mile 5 trying to get it to connect. I finally get to connect after powering down my Garmin, which means I have two 5mi runs instead of one 10mi run. I’ll take it since it saved my first run cause if it didn’t it didn’t really happen right?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    12/1-P90X CVX and yoga
    12/2-rest day
    12/3-8.3 miles
    12/4- P90X3 Warrior
    12/5-30 min strength training +20 min stationary bike
    12/6- 5.8 miles+ P90X3 Dynamix

Oy, the holidays. This is the first year in ages that we will stay home and everyone is coming to us. I forgot how stressful this can be. Trying to find time to fit it all in. Yesterday I got my Remicade infusion so I was out a bit early and took advantage of being able to run in the daylight. We still had high winds and I wanted to try out my new wind/rain resistant jacket. It worked okay but I think I may have been a bit overdressed for 32F, so I felt a bit uncomfortable the whole time. I usually don't break out the jacket until temps go down in the 20s. Today it is a lot colder and I plan to run after work when the sun is down, so it will likely get another try.

I also did my P90X3 Dynamix video yesterday. This video is mostly about stretching. Before I screwed up my hamstrings last February, I never had any issues with toughing my toes. Since the onset of the tendinitis, that has not been even in the realm of possibilities. At one point, I was lucky to touch below my knees. However, last night while doing the video I noticed that I was able to reach my toes on one of the stretches that I had not been able to before. So I stood up straight and tried to touch them and sure enough, I was able to reach my toes! I think all of this focus on strengthening and stretching and agility training, along with my decrease in mileage is really starting to pay off! Not really a huge accomplishment I know, but this has been my first real sign of progress, so I am over the moon.

I have read through all of the posts since yesterday, but I will have to check back with comments because I should probably get some work done.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

fwyqag71cp1a.jpg

If we saw that outside our window around here, they'd be letting schools out and shutting the city down! Quick! Run to the store and buy milk, bread, and eggs!

Ahem,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU

:lol::lol:
  • greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I've had several crazy days which I knew in advance and planned as rest days. I could go run tonight but my husband would freak and say I'll catch my death of cold. Somehow we went from 70 early this week to a windchill of 10 this morning??? It's still below freezing now at lunch. I'll go in the morning when he's at work. Then on Saturday I can say "But I did it yesterday and I'm still alive and well!" and he'll have to concede. LOL

@azercord Take care and heal quickly <3

@bossymom15 Welcome to the group!

@eponine1984 Love the hour run story :) The first time I ever ran a solid mile was because I missed my cue to walk!

@sarahthes Good call on resting your ankle. Hope it goes well tomorrow.

@shanaber Happy belated birthday!

@skippygirlsmom I'm glad Skip's tights weren't ripped :smiley:

• zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

fwyqag71cp1a.jpg

It’s like that here in Virginia Beach too. It boggles my mind that people panic and buy ALL the bread, milk, and bottled water. How much bread and milk are you going to eat in a day or two?! Cause honestly after living here for 11 years I’ve never been stuck at home due to snow. Now if it’s a hurricane possibly coming I’ll extend some grace to all the wackos :smile:
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,981 Member
    Options
    I decided to move my run from today to tomorrow. I may be a wimp, but 35°F feels like 27°F today compared with 55°F forecasted for tomorrow is no contest. Plus that 15-20 mph North wind just did not seem like something I wanted to run in. Tomorrow should actually be perfect running weather so I am just going to wait.

@azercord I'm so sorry you will miss yiur race. I hope it heals quickly.

@sarahthes Yummy looking cookies!

@shanaber Happy birthday!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @azercord So sorry! I sympathize, had 2 foot surgeries. Boots suck! But hey, you have miles in the bank, so think of it positively. and here's to quick healing!
    @pastorvincent and anyone else having beautiful cold, snowy weather - totally jealous! Send it on down!

My December goal: 25 miles

12/1: 2.11
    12/2: 2.12
    12/4: 2.11
    12/7: 2.19 8.53 down, 16.47 remaining overall

1 more run scheduled this week, with bad weather coming this weekend

I did have a brief moment of "what it will sound like" this morning. I'm doing CT10K, so I have the running along with my Nike app. Somehow the Nike App messed up. I did the 32 min, 2 mile run. Stopped the Nike App, and it said "Total miles, 2.19. Total time:22;30. Pace time: 10:15" I nearly fell over! Would be nice - hopefully SOMEDAY I'll see that, but not today!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @Azercord I'm so sorry. :( At least you are wearing shorts in December. :/
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Ankle feels okay today except when I purposely roll it in weird directions to see if it still hurts.

@Azercord Oh that stinks! Hope you heal up quickly!

@skippygirlsmom Candy Cane Lane just means a street that has gone crazy with Christmas decorations. I took a picture last Friday, posted below. My dinosaur cookies have dinosaur shaped sprinkles on them.

shi7dcnq6rf7.jpg
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options

fwyqag71cp1a.jpg

Ahem,

Yep! That's about right! LOL!
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Azercord - We need a sad face button! I've spent 3 weeks in a boot with stress fractures, and that seemed like an eternity at the time. Four weeks sounds like 133% of an eternity. FWIW, I got so tired of people asking what happened that I started telling them, "I parked in the wrong place, and they put a boot on me."

@PastorVincent - Yup, that looks like the view from my window, too. It isn't serious . . . yet.

Hypochondria/Denial Report: Took rest days Tuesday and yesterday. Won't run today. Instead I'll drive over to Coach's house and get on the team bus to go to Lexington and run Club Nationals on Saturday. I'm thinking I'll need to forego running the course preview tomorrow to maximize the chance I'll actually be able to run 8K on Saturday. At this point, I don't know whether the fact that a cross country surface is softer than asphalt will help my left leg or be irrelevant. It helped with the right ankle, which is now just about totally healthy.

Oh, and my daughter said Kentucky is south, it should be warm! Yeah, except the weather forecast for Lexington tomorrow and Saturday looks a lot like the weather forecast for Rochester tomorrow and Saturday. I know how to run in that, when healthy; I have a minor concern because the cold seems to bother my hurt leg a bit. Oh, well. I'll find out how it goes on Saturday.

Then I'll have four whole months to get into shape to run 26.2 miles.

The plan is to travel without my computer, and I don't have much patience with the small phone screen for the forum; so I expect I will miss a lot of discussion here between now and Monday.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

fwyqag71cp1a.jpg

Ahem,

Yep! That's about right! LOL!

Round these parts, we call it a French Toast Emergency Bread, Eggs, and milk... LOL)
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 You look great! I'm not surprised no one seems to notice with your safety glasses on. :)