12/2: 3.1
    12/6: 4.9
    12/7: 4 miles

Total: 16 miles

exercise.png

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @WandaVaughn if they mentioned snow in the forecast the schools would be closed. “There is a 1% of flurries in Madison County” OMG!!@#$@#$@# close the schools!!!!! My favorite are “school is closed because it’s cold” really? It’s cold heaven help me.
    @PastorVincent that is 100% Alabama ha ha definitely need to get that French toast makings. My choice for snow is wine, wine, wine. Hey I brought my 4 wheel drive down from NJ snow is a non issue, people who can’t drive in it, they are the issue.
    Thanks @greenolivetree me too, you know cuts heal but torn tights not so much.
    That is so pretty @sarahthes I would run there every day during the holidays. Okay now I really want the cookies!
    Good luck @MobyCarp I hope the race is great and the leg doesn’t bother you. Oh yeah we are going to have a very chilly weekend here in the South. The weather is actually showing snow for down even further in Montgomery.

• Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes. @MobyCarp I'm going to have to remember the parking line, that is a perfect "Dad joke" that will go great with my personality. @fitoverfortymom it never crossed my mind but yes I am very grateful of being able to wear short in December, I would hate to have to do this on ice.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    UGH! @Azercord hope the healing goes well, same to you @MobyCarp
    @PastorVincent don't know which I like better the video or the Frenchtoast emergency.
    Can't complain about wheather this year yet. Except all us teachers usually look forward to those snowdays. Can't wait for my boys to get old enough to help me with the shovelling. Their "help" at this point usually means a lot more work but it's also much more fun.
  • SusanDSME
    SusanDSME Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 3.1
    12/2 - rest day
    12/3 - 3.1
    12/4 - 3.1
    12/5 - 3.25
    12/6 - 3.25
    12/7 - 2

My trainer/friend told me to cut back to 2 today because she thinks my legs are getting tired. I'd say they definitely are! Tomorrow is sprints, which I really do not enjoy. Sigh. Then Saturday is rest and Sunday she wants me to hike and give running a rest.
    We may get snow this weekend! I'm not ready. I've already deployed my Buff today...I'll really need it if this snow keeps up.

exercise.png
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Here's a picture of Miami's Candy Cane Lane that I ran past the past couple of mornings.5wnx0ir4tk0p.jpeg

Beautiful!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984 I’m so glad I’ve already eaten reading that. Otherwise I’d be staring at my roast pepper and tomato soup with feelings of inadequacy.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @eponine1984- Congrats on the milestone run! Great story too. Happy anniversary...you just made me very jealous. Sounds like a lovely dinner!
    @Jessicamcb- How precious!
    @sarahthes , @_nikkiwolf_ and @Teresa502 - Great photos. Did I mention I love running at Christmas time???
    @shanaber- Your trip up the coast sounds lovely. I hope you are safe from the fires. The news coverage is heart breaking. Wishing my best to all of those affected.
    @Azercord - No! So sorry to hear that news. I had a stress fracture in my foot and was out for four weeks as well, so I know how you feel. I was able to ride my bike in my boot. It was awkward, but I did what I could. It took a little while to ease back into things, but within a few months, I was running stronger than ever and set PRs the in nearly every distance the following year. Hang in there. It will get better.

A general comment on the headlamp conversation. I have the Petzel Tikka as well, but I often wear it around my chest rather than on my head. If you are small chested like me, it's a definite option. I am not sure if it would fit around the chest of an average male though.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    @Elise4270 You look great! I'm not surprised no one seems to notice with your safety glasses on. :)

Thanks. No one's has still noticed, well my daughter did. And had a good laugh. She said I kinda looked like a crack person. :astonished:

So sorry to hear the diagnosis @Azercord . Kudos on the yearly mileage though.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    12/1 - 4.2
    12/2 - 2.5
    12/4 - 3.3
    12/7 - 4.2

December total: 14.2/ ???

I got to try out my underlayers today! On my way out, I was thinking to myself, "I'm pretty warm; next time it's 37 degrees, I probably could skip the undershirt and leave the stocking cap I'm carrying in the car along with the gloves I forgot." Then I turned around and came back around the curve, and was in full shade running into a 10mph north wind. Cap on, hands into sleeves, ran faster in hopes of either staying warmer or getting back sooner. Brrrr. It was apparently down to "feels like 26" by the time I got back to the car.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    12/01 - Intentional rest day
    12/02 - Run Santa Run 5k - 22:11 PR!
    12/03 - 13.5 miles @ 9:24
    12/04 - unplanned rest day
    12/05 - 10.1 miles @ 9:21
    12/06 - 10 miles @ 9:24
    12/07 - Strength + 7 miles @ 9:14

Big Hary Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

02/10/18 - Valentine's Day 15k
    03/17/18 - Shamrock Shuffle Half Marathon
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (I must hate myself)

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

Bit slower today than I wanted to be, but really was not paying attention to pace so, guess that is why. :) Also first run in flurries of the season.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @teresa502 oh yeah I would definitely to run in that Candy Cane Lane! Though they look more like cigarettes ha ha or pencils with blue erasers.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Dec. 7 - 5.3km
    MTD - 21.8km/60km
    After everyone's headlamp talks yesterday I went out and bought myself one -_- thanks everyone! I picked up an energizer like @juliet3455 with a red mode and three light modes that dim.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    @Azercord Wishing you a swift recovery!
    @eponine1984 Great story! Congrats on your first hour!

4 mile easy trail run today - averaged a 12 minute mile which pleases me, since two weeks ago that was our fast run pace and trail runs were more like 14. I really want to get to the point where I can sustain a 10 minute mile!

Weather is getting colder here, today was the first day I needed something over my ears. I need to get myself a buff before the temps drop below freezing.

exercise.png
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    weat0043 wrote: »
    Dec. 7 - 5.3km
    MTD - 21.8km/60km
    After everyone's headlamp talks yesterday I went out and bought myself one -_- thanks everyone! I picked up an energizer like @juliet3455 with a red mode and three light modes that dim.

This one?

91lj5Tu6fNL._SL400_.jpg
    Amazon Link
  • weat0043
    Options
    @PastorVincent that's the one. It goes for about $23 but I get a discount where work and got it for $13
  • weat0043
    Options
    It seems to work pretty well for what I need... I'm not a long distance gal though so I'm not sure what battery life will really be like. I do like the dimming feature and the headband doesn't slip or move. I also didn't notice much bobbing of the light while I ran.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    weat0043 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent that's the one. It goes for about $23 but I get a discount where work and got it for $13

Ah, the Amazon link I posted has it at $19.96. Cheap enough - especially given it comes with 3 batteries.