December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    11/01/17 :::: 3.0 :::: 3.0

On message for my 3 miles a day average for December goal! Treadmill run today.

I happened to pick the treadmill right behind a guy that I've noticed a few times at this Y. He totally cracks me up with his running...style I guess? He has a really high kick, like almost kicking his rear (he's pretty fast at it, too). And then randomly he throws up his hands like a touchdown kind of gesture really quick, or one hand up with finger pointing in kind of a "saturday night fever" move every once in a while. It's fascinating but distracting. I can only assume he's listening to some killer tunes but I haven't actually seen evidence of any headphones...

Tonight is the work holiday party already so I better get going.

LOL! Pffffft, this is why I stopped running with music. Can't shake it and run!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

So my husband deployed in October. I was kind of sad that I wouldn’t be opening any Christmas presents this year, but oh well. Such is the life of a military wife. On Thanksgiving Day I started dragging all the Christmas decorations out of the attic and tucked in among the boxes I found a wrapped present labeled to me from my husband. I almost cried. He’s always so thoughtful even when he’s half a world away!

@zdyb23456 this made me cry!!

@katharmonic that is hysterical!

@MobyCarp great things to want for Christmas
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in purchasing a RoadID here is a $10 off when you spend $20 code. Coupon Code: U97V8695KW it expires on the 5th.

Since I miss @elise4270 asking her end of the month questions, I thought I'd throw this one out. What's on your Christmas or Hanukkah wish list? Doesn't need to be running related.

I already have about all the toys and gadgets I need, so all I want for Christmas is clear shoulders and polite, runner-aware traffic. That, and being able to run regularly.

In this neck of the woods that would be asking Santa for a lot. It's hard to pull your head out of your *kitten* long enough to stop texting and driving apparently...you might get socks this year Moby :D
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try for 60 miles again. I may need to throw in a few runs two days in a row to get there, so probably just need to focus on going easy and not getting injured.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see what I think about trail running tomorrow before I set my month's mile goal.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    12/01 - Intentional rest day

Big Hary Audacious Goal: Sub 4 hours in Pittsburgh 2018!

Official Marathon PR: 4:11:28

Next Races (more as I find them):

12/02/17 - Santa 5k
    05/06/18 - Pittsburgh Marathon - aiming for sub four hours.
    05/12/18 - Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Ultra (I must hate myself)

2020 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

Was so tired this morning that was hard to stay awake at work, and I have run every day since Turkey Day, so decided to take a rest day. Have the 5k tomorrow and hope to get a 15 mile run in sometime this weekend, but it will be such a busy weekend not sure that is possible.

Thought about running a mile to say I was streaking... but ugh. A mile? There is no chance I would stop at just a mile. Better off running nothing than trying a mile!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    Adult-onset running I like the term not sure it totally fits. I guess I had early symptoms(since I began running in 5th grade. I'd train for some time quit for some years and come back again) but I think returning to running after my latest injury it may now be a chronic issue.

:disappointed:@cburke8909 Oh no, your calf may be a chronic injury?

@zdyb23456 Oh, that's so lovely about your husband hiding a present for you. So thoughtful.

7lenny7 wrote: »
    I started at 48 years old, about 2.5 years ago, when i was 50 pounds heavier. My brother-in-law, who got me started running, claims that you're not a real runner until you can hold a 10 minute pace, which of course is utter BS.
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I would say that anyone who would say something that ridiculous is not a real runner.

@lporter229 Very well said. :heart:
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @Orphia lol while there could be a reoccurring issue with the calf. The fact that it hasn't stopped my running is an indicator that the running predisposition is now constant and my lapses in training may be over.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

Let me just say that I have 3 shiny things from the RNR series. They are per-ty cool.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 I have done several RnR races, not the virtual ones. My favorite metal is my remix challenge. I am all set for it again in January!