WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Michelle I see them as 3/4 inch for larger beads and 1/2 inch for smaller ones.

dycrceszt6d0.png
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options

Congrats Mary, I hope you enjoy the new teaching gig. Speedy recovery for those precious twins!!

NYKAREN
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Rye - yes, the diameter is the measurement. then I'll have to figure out what kind of string to use. Probably has to be somewhat heavy duty. I always find that for biceps, I can go higher on the weights. But for shoulders (lateral flys), I need to go lighter (5#, maybe 8#, but no higher for me)

Becca - I would be interested in reading a blog from you, too

Heather - I know Keurig makes a reusable pod where you can put coffee grinds in it. You might want to check that out

Michele in NC

Michele
    , it was me that mentioned the Keurig this morning. I have some of those little reusable pods - they are OK but if I'm using loose coffee, I prefer the paper cone filters which go right in the compost heap. I heat up the water in the microwave.

DH is very picky and will only drink a certain brand of coffee - Tully's French Roast. When I'm in a hurry I like the pods of medium roast coffee - I put a lot of milk in it so I'll drink just about anything, lol.

Lanette
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,425 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thank you ladies for all your positive comments! I had my interview and I was really super nervous. However probably only 15 minutes after I got home I got a call from the HR department and was offered the position! Not sure if I want it but then again I do. I really love teaching so to me it is more like a fun activity to do during the day while my husband is working. I sign the contract tomorrow if I like it. Then I start on Monday. We feel very positive about the job interview in position that John has on Monday. But, continue to send those positive thoughts and prayers our way! I really appreciate everyone here!

<3

(Teacher) Mary from Arizona

Whoa Mary! Not a surprise you were just about hired on the spot! God's timing, as you said.... you've had enough vacation, now get back to work, lol.

Hope the ear tubes help the twins! Isn't that a cute little "bug" stroller? Please remind me - do they live in MN?

Lanette
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Rye: DH's first Instant Pot meal was Chili. He made it fairly mild so I could eat it too, but it was at the top of my spice tolerance. Then he made beef stew using their recipe and we both loved that. He hasn't made anything recently, though. I'm sure he'll get inspired again in the near future. When I make beef stew, I prefer a cast iron pot. Low tech, that's me. :smiley:

Mary: Congratulations on your new teaching job. I hope the staff and kids are great and you enjoy your work. :flowerforyou:

My Christmas trees are in the house and decorated. They're small living spruce trees and handle being indoors well. This is the third or fourth year for the larger one. The smaller one is inside for the second time. Both of them were in the house last year, too. All the gifts we're sending have been shipped, so there isn't much under the tree other than the chest it is sitting on. There is one wrapped present for each of us that our son and DIL left for us when they moved to Virginia a year & a half ago. The little trees are probably pretty comfortable, as our furnace isn't working today. We have a part coming and should be back in the warmth of forced air heat tomorrow. Yesterday I tripped over the curb coming back from the dog groomers and stubbed my big toe as well as bloodying my left knee. The toe was painful and swollen, but is feeling a bit better today and the knee has a sturdy scab to protect it. I decided to skip yoga today. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"Normally I'm quite normal . . ." The Gods Must be Crazy

christmas-tree-gifts.gif
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Heather, make sure you sing 'Maria' for me. You know Charlie loves to sing. So he has a song for both of our girls. Maria is his song for Christina. That's her middle name. The Beatles song Michele is his song for Michelle.

Went to choir last night !!!! I just asked God and Jesus to honesty me and give me the courage and did it. It does hurt when I use my left arm in about anything with regards to the driving so I will keep it at a minimum. E used the actual Cantata book last night and I could turn the pages ok because the book is pliable. But when we perform the book will be in our black folder. I know that we don't perform until the 17th and some more healing can occur. Also my fellow alto can just share her folder with me. But our eyes are different. Another suggestion has. Even to memorize the cantata.

Good luck in you job Mary. It's an exciting subject if the kids are interested.

Also good luck on your decision Allie.

Pip, we haven't seen your entire tree but it sure tells a story.

Joyce, Indiana where it is hard typing with one hand
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, just noticed something exciting! You can see Esmerelda's unicorn horn in her Sea Horse Reflection.4nsnjbemq85h.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,810 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~today went well, and we shall see what comes out of it all, as bringing dog to work like I said they have a big goofball of a yellow lab mix that I dont know how that would go over...
    I went up to meet the woman that was fostering 2 of the dogs I wanted to meet, and got a call as I was pulling in the parking lot that she had a sick pup and could I wait until 7... ahhhh no. so made a date to meet up with her when i get out of work saterday...
    but in the meantime got an email once I read them from tennessee that they got glowing reviews from my vet and I am approved for the yorkie poo adoption there. so maybe that is how its supposed to be.. waiting to hear back from her... going to see If I can at least wait until Tom gets back from Florida to get the lil guy.... which will be Christmas week.dont want to throw a puppy into the mix with Homer and Chester while I am there...
    wish me luck with all this upheeval..(sp)
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Lanette - The twins are down in San Diego! We will be seeing them next weekend for Christmas.

Thanks ladies for all of your support and good wishes!

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,095 Member
    Options
    Mary your students would be lucky to have you. It is a big decision to return to the classroom. Prayers for John. Hope it goes well.

Same to you Allie hope the new job works out.

:heart: Margaret
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Allie, photos please of the upcoming adoptee
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ALLIE so happy for you, we want lots of pics of new fur baby

Kate UK <3
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    I will be the proud owner of a 4 month old yorkiepoo puppy next saterday....

So excited for you. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,185 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    Thank you ladies for all your positive comments! I had my interview and I was really super nervous. However probably only 15 minutes after I got home I got a call from the HR department and was offered the position! Not sure if I want it but then again I do. I really love teaching so to me it is more like a fun activity to do during the day while my husband is working. I sign the contract tomorrow if I like it. Then I start on Monday. We feel very positive about the job interview in position that John has on Monday. But, continue to send those positive thoughts and prayers our way! I really appreciate everyone here!

<3

(Teacher) Mary from Arizona

Congratulations!! ... and I hope things work out for your husband as well. :)

• bbjnkidz
    bbjnkidz Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Goals for December:
    Positive Thinking!! If I can think it, I can do it!
    Try not to dwell on the loss of my fiance this Christmas (this is the hardest, but I am doing ok - so far)
    Keep to my diet plan - resist the urge to cheat with all these goodies around me!
    Walk the dogs daily - a little farther every day
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Michele, have you heard of a Biz bucket? I had pretty good luck with it on antique crocheted doilies. It involves a mop bucket, water, and a cup of Biz, although I’m pretty sure the recipe I used also involved original blue Dawn, but I may be thinking of a different recipe with the Dawn. Google Biz bucket for antique linens. You will get tons of hits. You soak your stuff in the bucket for a couple of days.