WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,350 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yeah! I've done my cards. Took me well over two hours. :o But it's done. I love getting cards, what what a pain to write them. I like cards that give me a bit of an update. I try to do that. I needed a drink afterwards. B):o

My non alcoholic sparkling wine has arrived. DH was appalled at the idea. :laugh:

My prawn curry was AMAZING!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The shoe tying is not a mandatory thing nowadays, like riding a bike. There are tennis shoes for kids that are Velcro, or they have bungee type laces that you just tighten. My eldest son always did the razor scooter, never a bike. My youngest had a devil of a time learning to ride a bike! He would peddle fine but when he needed to use the brakes, he would jump off his bike, like it had its own ejection seat! Most of the time he would just land in the bushes that lined our bike trail, but even then his poor knees! Crazy kid!

Getting excited to pick up Nuke son mid month!! Eldest son comes 22nd! We then invade middle sons apartment the 26th-29th! 6 adults, two dogs in an apartment, (bigger than ours though).

Was feeling cheeky when trying to figure out what to write on my chalkboard. Husband said I Like

Ain't I a stinker?!!
    Haha!
    Becca
    Oregon

I love your board, Becca!

Hey, I rode my bike just like you described your son. Of course that was because I thought my bike didn’t have brakes! My older Brother and sister had speed bikes and they had brakes on the handlebars. The bike I learned right on did not have any speeds and breaking was a function of moving the pedals backwards. But nobody ever told me that, so I used to jump off the bike into bushes.

Until my father saw me. He thought I was being rambunctious and crazy and got very angry at me. Until he found out I didn’t know there were brakes on my bike. Neither he or mother had ever ridden a bike, so we kids were kind of left up to ourselves to learn. I guess I was just not very clever. Lol
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Rye, I love my shoes tied nice and strong and my shoes very supportive. But I can't tie one handed. I know Charlie would do it for me but most days he gets up several hours after I do. So my shoe is lightly rid so that I can slip into it at anytime. I hate it that my shoe doesn't feel supportive. Of course the boot is extremely supportive. LOL

Joyce, Indiana
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Becca, love the board!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Bree, Welcome back. Good for you on starting to work on your weight again. Just take it one day at a time and consider everything you put in your mouth.

Barbara, I like your idea about the new decorating trend. We can use different colors for each holiday and season and keep colored dust around all year. :#

Pat, congrats on the smaller, perfect fit jeans.

Barbie, have fun at your line dance performances.

Katla, I love a fresh tree and especially a live tree for Christmas. We’ve only had a couple of those through the years and they are planted in the back yards of someone’s home. I miss the smell of a real tree but they just got to be too much trouble. And now here I am looking for a smaller tree because this one is too much trouble. Gosh we must be getting old or something. Lol

Wendy, my worst flight ever was years ago from Atlanta to Chicago and my ears hurt the whole flight from about 10 minutes in. It took days to recover and I didn’t want to fly again because of it. Thankfully that never happened again.
    Congrats on the tramping club find.

Yvonne, I hope you finish your shopping before your brother leaves because you won’t have time to send anything after that and have it arrive in time. That is, if he won’t get there for two weeks.

Allie, the job does sound like a nice change. You would be wonderful talking with families that have lost a loved one. I hope it works out. Does it have benefits?

Terry, cute sweater on your fur baby.

Pip, I love the dog on skis ornament!!!

Tere, I hope you can de-stress. Good going on the exercise. ((((Hugs))))

Katla, sorry to hear about your trip. I hope you are feeling better.

Barbie, great picture of you Dancing Divas. Have a ball.

Lisa, kudos on no new pounds. That is great with all you’ve been doing.

Marcely, beautiful tree. I love the snowballs on the mantel and can’t believe I’ve never incorporated any with all my snowmen. Beautiful pottery.
    I’m off to the Moose Lodge for the Audit. Will come home to eat but will put me later than I prefer. Hopefully the audit will go quickly. I’m enjoying all the Christmas pictures, trees, ornaments, food, etc.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    All the docorations are so beautiful. Looks like we may be hosting a New YEARS Eve party also.
    Michele- I love the cheese tree. Took a screen shot. Where did you find the star crackers.?
    Just got home and going out at 5:30.
    Becca - love the chalk board.
    SueBDew in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,090 Member
    Options
    Machka I had to redecorate a wreathe I have had for thirty years, too. It brought it back to life.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Heather I could be jealous, how fun that sounds! I’ve done a do it yourself messiah in Chicago (at the Chicago opera house, a huge place!) and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer sing a long (before copyright grinches stopped those) but this is the first Sound of Music sing a long I’ve ever heard of!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,799 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies....
    Got out an hour early as the last patient didn't show..not great for the paycheck...heard back from Jack and I'm going in from 12-3 tomorrow to see how I do...here is hoping...he was in a meeting all day today so don't know if he saw my list of questions...
    If it is meant to be.it shall be...also waiting to hear back from an adoption agency about a yorkiepoo pup named alfalfa lol..called and spoke to the lady who runs it .and said she had quite a few people who wanted to adopt him.but she emailed me and said I looked perfect and they will process my application tommorow and will be in contact...
    Only thing is with me possibly getting a full time job don't know if it is fair to get a dog.again will put it in God's hands.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,884 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies: Sunny but cold here. We had frost this morning and ice on the water buckets for the horses and goats. I have started plugging in my truck overnight as it is a diesel. I had to laugh the horses were standing broadside to the sun and then saw the goats doing the same thing. Got to love those warming rays. Went to UMW at noon but got hamburger stew in the crockpot for tonight. We rehearse with the other choir for our cantata tonight, so I need to eat and get going. DH and DD can eat when they like.

Margaret - Yay for DH's clean scan.

Lisa - Safe travels.

Heather - Sing-a-long Sound of Music sounds like loads of fun.

Barbie - Good looking group there.

Love all the pictures of decorations. I have a few more of mine up but still working on it. Got the tree up last night but not decorated.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,699 Member
    Options
    O
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    ALLIE,good luck tomorrow. With your experince & work ethic...they will
    be lucky to have you.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,167 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies....
    Got out an hour early as the last patient didn't show..not great for the paycheck...heard back from Jack and I'm going in from 12-3 tomorrow to see how I do...here is hoping...he was in a meeting all day today so don't know if he saw my list of questions...
    If it is meant to be.it shall be...also waiting to hear back from an adoption agency about a yorkiepoo pup named alfalfa lol..called and spoke to the lady who runs it .and said she had quite a few people who wanted to adopt him.but she emailed me and said I looked perfect and they will process my application tommorow and will be in contact...
    Only thing is with me possibly getting a full time job don't know if it is fair to get a dog.again will put it in God's hands.

With things unsettled, it might be a good idea to wait a couple months before you make a decision about a dog.