WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Heather ~ Cute picture. You and your brother are both very good looking folks and I can see the family resemblance.

Michele ~ Don't stress! I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time getting Denise and Pete to your house. I am having problems similar. I wanted my son's family and in-laws to come to our house for Christmas Day, but, he is afraid that it might trigger the urge to drink (he's been sober for 3 months). This, even though no alcohol will be out. Alas! So we will be toting all the presents up to his house and do all the cooking there.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Carol - it isn't so much having trouble getting Denise and Pete here, it's disheartening that every time she's invited to Jess' or here, there's ALWAYS some excuse. I believe she wanted us to say "oh, that's ok if you don't come, you need someone to take care of the dog." To me, it's very irresponsible of her to leave the cat alone for 3 days (especially when she can bring it here). But not my call. Pete says he cares about the cat, yet his actions of letting it stay alone for 3 days says otherwise. I always told Denise "actions speak louder than words". I just can't believe that we are such terrible people. Well, just like Allie's Tom found out, karma is a *kitten*. It'll come back to her.

Michele in NC
  • exermom
    Options
    oops! well, you know what I mean!

M
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Loving that Santa Riding Rudolph costume. Your brother is hot!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

spin- 20.40min, 76ar, 99aw, 117ahr, 139lmhr, 5mi = 155c
    Apple Watch- 150c
    rowing machine- 20min, 71aw, 147mhr, 3522meters= 161c
    Apple Watch- 167c
    arm ski machine- 10min, 40aw, 122mhr, 1472meters= 81c
    Apple Watch- 78c
    0 runner- 20min, 42al, 12ah, 122ac, lvl6, 146mhr, 9.05min2.20mi = 173
    Apple Watch- 168ci

total cal 570
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Waving at you, Lanette! Trying to post a picture of your exit.

Felicia
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Waving at you, Lanette! Trying to post a picture of your exit.

Felicia

Hi Felicia! It's a sunny drive this afternoon!! B)

Lanette
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    Allie - I just saw a video of the freezing rain in CT. Drive safely! Stay warm and cuddle with Alfie!

Lanette
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Long day,icy mess here today...did go to work and then picked Tom up at airport came back to his place,packed my stuff and came back home...now to get Alfie used to it here...
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ❄❄❄❄❄
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    DH's tooth is out. His face is swollen and he is miserable; but he has good painkillers that make him go to sleep! (Thank God) >:) This tooth was one of his upper molars. His upper jawbone seems much stronger than the lower. Earlier this year he had a tooth out on the lower jaw and the bone splintered and kept coming up through his gums for about a month or so after the removal. I really hope this doesn't happen with this one.

I feel for him. Mine is still giving me trouble and it has been weeks.

klanders30 wrote: »
    DH is in a terrible mood, the holidays set him off horribly. I'm just ignoring it and going about my business. We've never had the happiest time together at this time of year, I've grown use to it I suppose. No regrets, he is actually quite good company the rest of the year, go figure!

Is there something he'd like to do rather than the traditional Christmas stuff?

I like the whole Christmas thing, but a couple of my favourite Christmasses with my husband have been when we've gone away, just the two of us, and have spent a few days cycling, swimming and hiking ... with no family or anything around.
    My cancer friend managed to scald her arm while making tea in the hospital this morning. She said the b÷=×+ nurse was an angel. :laugh: Waiting to hear if they have let her out.

Oh, ouch. Having burnt my left foot to the bone with boiling water, I cringe when I read something like this!! :astonished:

langman22 wrote: »
    Happy Friday before Christmas!

Machka, I’m usually in bed by 7 or 8 so that I can read until 11:00. Although first I check in with my MFP friends.

Every night? How do you manage it?

Machka in Oz

I think of it as my time where the day is over and no one needs anything from me. I can get lost in a book. After a day of reality it’s nice to go somewhere else. It also is quiet time and a transition from the day into night.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Eating has been 'festive', but feeling no guilt at all. o:) DH has been enjoying the treats, and since we don't socialize or have family around us anymore, this is about as fun as our holiday is going to get. I'll be getting tamales for our Christmas meal. My mom, who was from El Salvador, always made them from scratch when I was growing up. All the kids on the block would line up in an assembly line to add in the various savory bits like chicken, capers, pimento, and green olives. Then, they would be wrapped up in paper and tied with string.

Funny thing is, I've been craving tamales for a couple weeks now and have been thinking about looking for a recipe for them!! :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - congrats on the run. Thanks for the recipe. That sounds really good. However, since you've made it before, what can I sustitute for the coconut milk? See, my daughter is HIGHLY allergic to coconut

Thanks ... and I don't know what you'd substitute. I use light coconut milk (lower calories), but coconut milk or cream is a very common ingredient in Indian food. I suppose you could try almond milk, but that might give it a slightly different flavour.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    DH's tooth is out. His face is swollen and he is miserable; but he has good painkillers that make him go to sleep! (Thank God) >:) This tooth was one of his upper molars. His upper jawbone seems much stronger than the lower. Earlier this year he had a tooth out on the lower jaw and the bone splintered and kept coming up through his gums for about a month or so after the removal. I really hope this doesn't happen with this one.

I feel for him. Mine is still giving me trouble and it has been weeks.

klanders30 wrote: »
    DH is in a terrible mood, the holidays set him off horribly. I'm just ignoring it and going about my business. We've never had the happiest time together at this time of year, I've grown use to it I suppose. No regrets, he is actually quite good company the rest of the year, go figure!

Is there something he'd like to do rather than the traditional Christmas stuff?

I like the whole Christmas thing, but a couple of my favourite Christmasses with my husband have been when we've gone away, just the two of us, and have spent a few days cycling, swimming and hiking ... with no family or anything around.
    My cancer friend managed to scald her arm while making tea in the hospital this morning. She said the b÷=×+ nurse was an angel. :laugh: Waiting to hear if they have let her out.

Oh, ouch. Having burnt my left foot to the bone with boiling water, I cringe when I read something like this!! :astonished:

Happy Friday before Christmas!

Machka, I’m usually in bed by 7 or 8 so that I can read until 11:00. Although first I check in with my MFP friends.

Every night? How do you manage it?

Machka in Oz

I think of it as my time where the day is over and no one needs anything from me. I can get lost in a book. After a day of reality it’s nice to go somewhere else. It also is quiet time and a transition from the day into night.

I like that ... and it is something I'd like to do maybe once a month or so. Just have a nice relaxing evening.

However, for now, I'll have to stick with my 15-20 minutes of reading on Friday and Saturday nights. I look forward to those minutes. :)
  • exermom
    Options
    M - I honestly don't even know the consistency of coconut milk. But I'm thinking that light coconut milk is probably thin somewhat. Maybe condensed milk? That doesn't have much if any flavor. Maybe cream since that, too, doesn't have much of a flavor. Does the coconut milk give it much flavor? I don't even know what flavor I could use that would mimic it. My daughter is so allergic that she has a reaction even if it's just in the air, which can be scary.

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M - I honestly don't even know the consistency of coconut milk. But I'm thinking that light coconut milk is probably thin somewhat. Maybe condensed milk? That doesn't have much if any flavor. Maybe cream since that, too, doesn't have much of a flavor. Does the coconut milk give it much flavor? I don't even know what flavor I could use that would mimic it. My daughter is so allergic that she has a reaction even if it's just in the air, which can be scary.

Michele in NC

The light coconut milk has a consistency that is possibly slightly thicker than cow milk and it does have a distinct coconut flavour. In some Indian and Thai dishes you notice the coconut even when they set the dish in front of you ... you can smell it from a distance. But in Saag or Palak Paneer, it isn't as noticeable. If I didn't know the recipe, I wouldn't have guessed there was coconut milk in it.

I had a look at a few other recipes, and they suggest a person could use cream, like what you'd use for whipping. That might be an option for you.