Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 14 in the bag.....tomorrow is my birthday.....hard to not drink on your birthday eve but I am not gonna

Happy early birthday! You’ll have to save a birthday cheers for February :smile:
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I take a break every now and then, once was for 10 years, recently quit for 1.5 years. I now drink 2 or 3 on Fri and Sat only.
    Its hard when you go out to only drink diet coke, they love putting that in a great big water glass so you look out of place.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    machchic wrote: »
    Day 14 in the bag.....tomorrow is my birthday.....hard to not drink on your birthday eve but I am not gonna

Awesome job, and the best gift you can give yourself is a "no drink" think how great you will feel. Our bodies are thanking us every minute we are sober. Have a great birthday tomorrow. :):):):):):):):)

Thank you for the great words of support
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »

Happy early birthday! You’ll have to save a birthday cheers for February :smile:

Thank you.....definitely plan to get a very tasty IPA in Feb
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    w9sidavgas8m.jpg
    Making dinner with my faux rose :) it’s Trader Joe’s strawberry rhubarb and sparkling water

That looks delicious. I have to try that. I'm getting a little bored with club soda and lime. Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    dbkyser wrote: »
    I take a break every now and then, once was for 10 years, recently quit for 1.5 years. I now drink 2 or 3 on Fri and Sat only.
    Its hard when you go out to only drink diet coke, they love putting that in a great big water glass so you look out of place.

Ten years- wow. You have great determination. It sounds like you can moderate, too. I did see tonight at the Mexican restaurant when my friend order margarita and I ordered club soda, the bartender looked at me funny for a second. But I left him a big tip to show just because I don't drink doesn't mean I'll short him on the tip.
  • RubyRed427
    Options

Awesome job, and the best gift you can give yourself is a "no drink" think how great you will feel. Our bodies are thanking us every minute we are sober. Have a great birthday tomorrow. :):):):):):):):)

Happy birthday to you! Enjoy your day. Wishing you peace, love, happiness and lots of laughter.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Day #14. Another dry day today. Went out with a friend to Mexican restaruant; she ordered a margarita and I ordered club soda. Don't miss alcohol anymore. I think my brain has changed a little bit. It's easier for me to abstain than moderate. And my best friend said she supports me in whatever I choose.

Then, she looked at me and said what about St. Patrick's Day. And I looked at her and said "I have no idea what I"ll do! " and we both laughed. We always get a hotel room and drink for two days and have such fun with all our friends downtown. I don't even want to think about it right now. I'll get through January and then February. And then decided about March.

Congrats on 2 weeks! You've slayed a huge dragon by doing what you did at the restaurant. You dealt with it on your own terms and succeeded! I have no doubt you'll figure something out for March.
  • justlog
    Options
    6 down - 45 to go until goal. The five cans of Rogue Ale in my fridge keep looking at me each time I open the door, but I simply don't care. One time I abstained, there were 6 bottles that sat in the fridge for 4 months and by the time I opened them, they were bad so I had to toss.
  • justlog
    Options
    jlscherme wrote: »
    I too just saw this thread. Its January 14th and I've only had 2 beers this month. One each week. I've lost 3# without even trying.

Nicely done... It's amazing the bloat (at least in my opinion) that comes with it, isn't it... It also seems to go away fairly fast once you stop for a small bit.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Goal — January under 7 drinks a week- for my health.....my mind.....my body....Freedom from alcohol ruling my life!

1/1 =alcohol free
    1/2 = 4 wine spritzers
    1/3 =alcohol free
    1/4 =alcohol free
    1/5 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine....I wasn't tempted, which was great!
    1/6 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine
    1/7 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine-I copy and paste! Rerun! :) I feel that now I don't even want one drink as it is never enough...I always want more! I will see how long I can be FREE from alcohol. Losing weight and feeling great!
    1/8 =DITTO...I slept better last night--had an Atkins bar around 8...maybe that was it...I also had to go to my guest room again for my husbands snoring started again! :)
    1/9 =DITTO and lost another pound---Wow! 7 days alcohol FREE!! This is the longest I have gone for years!
    1/10 =8 days freedom
    1/11 =9 days freedom- looking forward to reading my new books...This Naked Mind and Blackout-Remembering The Things I Drank to Forget...
    1/12 =10 days clean! My hubby only drank during the day, not last night. He didn't snore last night, so I didn't have to go to our guest room to sleep. Read the first 2 1/2 chapters of This Naked Mind and finding it interesting.
    1/13 =11 Days freedom! It is actually getting easier at this point...I just ordered some liver detox....
    1/14 =
    1/15 =
    1/16 =
    1/17 =
    1/18 =
    1/19 =
    1/20 =
    1/21 =
    1/22 =
    1/23 =
    1/24 =
    1/25 =
    1/26 =
    1/27 =
    1/28 =
    1/29 =
    1/30 =
    1/31

Marybeth-I would be interested in what you got, I wanted to try something to but didn't know where to start looking.

Hi! I checked online, Google, Ebay, and Amazon, and found that these were one of the best reviewed.

NOW Liver Detoxifier & Regenerator,90 Veg Capsules
    Sold by: Highland Health Foods
    $12.68
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Day #14. Another dry day today. Went out with a friend to Mexican restaruant; she ordered a margarita and I ordered club soda. Don't miss alcohol anymore. I think my brain has changed a little bit. It's easier for me to abstain than moderate. And my best friend said she supports me in whatever I choose.

Then, she looked at me and said what about St. Patrick's Day. And I looked at her and said "I have no idea what I"ll do! " and we both laughed. We always get a hotel room and drink for two days and have such fun with all our friends downtown. I don't even want to think about it right now. I'll get through January and then February. And then decided about March.

YAY!!! SO PROUD OF YOU JULIE!! :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options

Happy birthday to you! Enjoy your day. Wishing you peace, love, happiness and lots of laughter.

Happy Birthday to you!! Enjoy your special day!! Best wishes for all that you hope for! Blessings for another year!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, i found some wine with the alcohol removed. That did the trick tonight. :p
  • wigi41
    wigi41 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76, what kind of wine was it? I have not found any worthwhile non alcoholic wine yet (I have tasted some pretty good NA beers).
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @MaryBethHempel I love seeing your log. I like your comments, too. I am so proud of you. That's not easy in any way to survive the first few days especially when you are arguing with yourself over whether to have one or not. (At least that's what I was doing). Great job abstaining and I know you are feeling better every day that you do. Proud of you!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so well! I didn't have a great week last week but I feel good about this week moving forward.

I'm about 7 chapters in to TNM but I haven't picked it up in about a week. I'll have to get back into it.

I know there are some NA beers out there, but does anyone know of any good NA craft beers? I don't really like the taste of regular beer and sometimes I genuinely crave the taste of a good craft beer (contrary to what Annie Grace says).

Happy Week 3, everyone!