WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Machka, how fascinating. There certainly is an overload of data available, but making sense of all the information...especially when it seems conflicting, that's the hard part. You will be learning some valuable skills!

Yes ... my director, manager, and a more senior colleague are all quite pleased I'm taking this course. They don't mind my other courses, which are all related, but this is one of the ones specifically related to what I do at work, and they'd like to get me into doing a whole lot more!! It's the main reason why my employer is willing to let me take these courses during work time. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Sharon - Masses of (((((((hugs))))))) :heart:
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!
    It's another dull and damp day here in South Wales, UK. We had a tiny bit of snow just before Christmas. It's hard to imagine the amount of snow that a lot of you have had.
    I can only remember one time that we had enough snow to block roads etc.and that was about 35 years ago!
    I enjoy so much reading about all of your lives, mine seems so boring in comparison. I have been encouraged by you all to look at spening less money on buying things that will not enhance my life!
    Allie:- my dear old Dad also has CHF and dementia. He has Parkinson's too. He lives in a nursing home close by and is 91.
    Take care all;-
    Karen UK
  • KarenUK56
    Options
    Quick question:-
    What would you all enter in your exercise for a Lesley Sansome "Walk at home" workout, please?
  • Machka9
    Options
    What would you all enter in your exercise for a Lesley Sansome "Walk at home" workout, please?

What is that?
  • Machka9
    Options
    You know all those things that only happen once in a blue moon ... brace yourselves ... :grin:

A blue supermoon lunar eclipse coming for the first time in 150 years
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/a-blue-supermoon-lunar-eclipse-coming-for-the-first-time-in-150-years/news-story/d55d65bf53382a94e3aa5e602e9839fd

"MARK the date, the blood moon or blue supermoon is coming in a rare lunar event which happens only every 150 years.

Three separate celestial events — a supermoon, a blue moon and a full lunar eclipse — will occur simultaneously on January 31.

Just weeks after 2018’s first supermoon of January 1 and 2, this astronomical rarity of events is being called a super blue blood moon eclipse."

Machka in Oz
  • KarenUK56
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

What is that?

I'm sorry, it's Leslie Sansone and it's on YouTube. I wondered what people would enter it as on MFP exercise.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options

I do a lot of Leslies workouts and I think I read at one stage that she advised adding as aerobics general I did that until I got Fitbit, now I use FB figure

Kate UK <3
  • Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You know all those things that only happen once in a blue moon ... brace yourselves ... :grin:

A blue supermoon lunar eclipse coming for the first time in 150 years
    http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/a-blue-supermoon-lunar-eclipse-coming-for-the-first-time-in-150-years/news-story/d55d65bf53382a94e3aa5e602e9839fd

"MARK the date, the blood moon or blue supermoon is coming in a rare lunar event which happens only every 150 years.

Three separate celestial events — a supermoon, a blue moon and a full lunar eclipse — will occur simultaneously on January 31.

Just weeks after 2018’s first supermoon of January 1 and 2, this astronomical rarity of events is being called a super blue blood moon eclipse."

Machka in Oz

I saw that on some news feed and rejoiced, then I read that "it will only be visible in Australia and New Zealand" and stopped rejoicing. Then, at dinner, my husband mentioned that it WOULD SO be visible way up here as well, and I rejoiced again. That's the advantage of living up at the top of the world. When you guys "down under" see the moon, we can peek over the North Pole and see the same thing you're seeing.

As usual, www.timeanddate.com has all the information you ever need about it. Love that website! :heart: https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2018-january-31

From their graphics, it's clear that the statement "only Australia and New Zealand" ignores not just Svalbard (which is excusable), but also the entire Pacific, half of China, most of Russia, all of East Asia, plus Alaska and northwestern Canada.

Now we just have to send humble supplications to the Weather Gods so the sky is clear on the 31st.
    /Penny, planning on peeking over the t07190.gif
  • KarenUK56
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »

I do a lot of Leslies workouts and I think I read at one stage that she advised adding as aerobics general I did that until I got Fitbit, now I use FB figure

Kate UK <3

Thanks Kate. I have only been walking for exercise up until now. Since having a stroke 4 years ago my balance has not been good. I also line dance(in my own fashion!) once a week. I have been doing Leslie's workout for a week and have been entering under low impact aerobics but will now change it to your suggestion. Thanks again.
    Karen- in a very windy here UK!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    SNOW DAY!! Hip hip hooray, i'm cuddled under my cozy blanket with my second cup of coffee! Will get moving once I feel like it. Gonna batch cook some freezer and pantry items as well as invite a neighbor over for coffee later today. Won't be going to the gym today, cause I'm happy to leave the car parked and burn some calories shoveling--we're only expecting 8" Beth I know that's nothing to you intrepid upstaters, but I am a snow wuss and am happy to stay indoors! I think I may just check out that Leslie Sansone youtube clip, sounds like my cup of tea.

<3 Stay cozy ladies. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Options
    Weather is finally back to normal here! I’m glad to see the teens gone!! That was COLD for us!

Okie in the TX Hill Country

It's been in the low-20s here ... but is supposed to hit 33 on Saturday. :)

Oh, oops ... that's Celcius! :grin:
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Lunch I bring a canister of old fashioned oatmeal to my work - just have to add some boiling water and stir. It isn’t the instant kind but that still works.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Oooh Baileys...... Once when we were moving from Japan to stateside, I had a bottle of Bailey's. (Like I'm telling you all a great bedtime story....). So I had a gallon of vanilla ice cream too, so every evening I would put a couple of scoops in a soup bowl, and then pour the Bailey's over, until I had soup..... Slept quite well every night, and finished the Bailey's before we transferred. The end..
    Becca

Yeah, my husband and I were doing that during our last few months in Victoria (State in Australia) just before we moved to Tasmania (another State in Australia) ... large bowls of ice cream topped with Bailey's and others.

In fact, while we were packing, that was often dinner ... with a side of whatever we wanted to use up in the cupboards.

It's probably no wonder I hit my highest weight ever not long after. :grin:

Machka in Oz

With stuff in refrigerators and freezers, if its a long move, well then I usually call all my friends up and they haggle over all of it. I have no problem giving opened boxes of pasta, frozen chicken to friends. It beats throwing it away! I have only done it twice, because the Navy most often gives you a heads up with moves.
    Becca

When we moved home from Shanghai, I put all the things I wasn't packing to take home with us in our dining room and invited the neighbors in to take what they wanted. It was entertaining to watch them go through and grab things they wanted.

Okie