WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    Allie prayers. I am so sorry for the loss of your father.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Just letting you all know my dad passed away this morning.

Oh, Allie, I am so very sorry. I wish I were close enough to hug and/or help you.

Janetr OKC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,264 Member
    Options
    Just tried out a new IP recipe. Chicken Vindaloo. In the UK Vindaloo is often a shorthand for a HOT curry, but actually it is a vinegar marinaded dish from Goa. It's in the IP Indian cookery book. Turned out great and fairly slimming. DH was a bit dubious about the vinegar, but it was fine. I will use a bit less next time. Nice to find a new "keeper".
    Dessert is stewed apricots. Yum. DH is the fruit monitor, so he shops and prepares all the fruit, fresh and stewed. We have it with my IP yoghurt. We use mainly stevia for sweetening, but he often adds a splash of liqueur or fruit juice.
    He also is the washer upper and the kitchen tidier and the rubbish man. (Trash) Am I a lucky woman? He makes most of the tea and our once a day coffee. :D<3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Allie, I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing. This truly does make the trip for his reunion all that more special. You did a lot to make his time more comfortable and pleasurable and I'm sure he truly appreciated all of your hard work. I too am happy that you have Alfie to comfort you. I'm also glad that you took your dad to make his final arrangements, one less thing that you need to do now. I'm sure you will have your hands full getting his home dealt with. Wish I was closer and could give you a hand, will have to settle for {{{HUGS}}}.
    Janetr, Freckles is so cute! {{HUGS}} for you too as you grieve your sister's passing. Travel safe.
    I have been drinking warm water with lemon in it to keep my mouth busy and trying to keep the sweet tooth satisfied with the lemon flavor instead. It's sort of working, but I seem to be retaining water, which I think is kind of weird. Will wait and see what the scale says on Wed. I have been very tempted to peek, but want to attain at least one of my goals this month. The rest of them are on decidedly shaky ground.....sigh.
    Welcome to the new folks! I am really enjoying hearing about lifestyles from the different parts of the world that everyone is from, sometimes very enlightening! Also interesting to hear different habits, cultures etc that we all live with.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Lisa, even though the temp isn't warm, the beach looks lovely! Glad you and Corey were able to get away and enjoy some "you" time!
    Evelyn
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    :)<3:)

Hugs Allie and Janet.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ALLIE so sorry to hear about your loss

Kate UK
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Allie, I am so sorry.

Lisa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,584 Member
    Options
    Grandmallie - I'm so very sorry to hear. my heart is with you.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Ah, Becca, glad to see you here. Hated seeing you dismissed as "stepchildren," in your stepdad's obituary, and not even named, when that was not at all what he was to you, but I kept my peace on Facebook. Missed you. Glad to see you step back in the jumprope... I trip over it constantly myself.

Love,
    Lisa in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    (((Allie))) Still thinking of you. :heart:

janetr: That little goat is adorable. Baby goats are so appealing. I always look for them at the fair. :heart:

Janet OKC: Congratulations!!! I also feel like you and Heather about my own current health. I am in the best shape of my life, both mentally and physically. I credit this group of women and the system here at MFP for empowering me to change my eating and exercising. I have far better and a healthier diet and lifestyle than ever before and I feel great! :bigsmile:

Janet: I am so sorry that you've lost your sister. I hope you come to remember the good times you had with her and experience a continuing bond of love. :heart: :broken_heart:

tuliplor: I remember your photo. Welcome back! :smiley:

Becca: Welcome back! I missed you while you were gone. :star:

Lanette: Thank you so much for the links to the broken brain episodes. I treasure each one! I sent a link to the Broken Brain Episode 4, Autism and ADHD to my daughter. She supervises work with children who are in a group home/school and I thought it would have value for her.:star:

Have a great day, everyone!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    :(
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Ah, Becca, glad to see you here. Hated seeing you dismissed as "stepchildren," in your stepdad's obituary, and not even named, when that was not at all what he was to you, but I kept my peace on Facebook. Missed you. Glad to see you step back in the jumprope... I trip over it constantly myself.

Love,
    Lisa in NC

Awe Lisa, that we were named with just our first names, was fine enough for me, as he met, and married my mother so late in life. My two older sisters were out of the house already. He just had to accept an angry, emotional teenager, (me), which he did. In such a short time, he managed to help my mother transform me into a confident, loved, adventurous young woman. I didn't really know his children from other marriages, and they were the ones that wrote his obituary.
    We need longer ropes!!!!
    Becca hugs!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla, hugs neighbor! I am missing my Navy son confined to base with no internet, and phone privileges. Especially during the holidays! Hopefully we will all make up for it by living with him come May. I still have positive hopes it will happen. Have the rock I found from Whidbey island, on my coffee table as good karma that it will happen.
    Hugs!
    Becca