WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options
1115116117118119121»

Replies

• oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Beth, you probably already know this but here is a link anyway to resources in Western New York: http://211wny.org/index.php/component/cpx/?task=search.query&view=&page=1&search_history_id=86419970&unit_list=0&akaSort=0&query=DISABILITY &simple_query=DISABILITY
    One of these organizations should be offering you some help. Unless this is the son that is out of state? And then there should be something similar. Best of luck to you!

I am dealing with some setbacks lately and need to find that reset button.

Betty ROC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    PIP ~ That's my favorite picture of you and Kirby that your are using as your identifier.

That’s gotta b one of my favorites too
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Wendy so happy to hear the procedure was a success. Sending <3<3 and strength to all.

NYKAREN
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Wendy, hugs to you and your daughter. So glad the surgeon was able to save the tube! He's a keeper!!
    Allie and Beth hugs for all you are going thru with your kids. Hoping resolutions can be found for both situations. And quickly!!
    Somebody wrote that lost and only don't belong in the same sentence. Well, yes, I'm afraid they can. As in I only lost .2 of a pound. I know a loss is a loss, but still...... Clearly my food intake still needs a LOT of tweaking. I do work out most days, so I've got the exercising part down. I am going to stop eating my exercise calories and hopefully that will make a difference. I had hoped to lose 6 lbs this month, did lose 4.4, not bad, but I can do better!! Looking forward to starting a new month tomorrow!!
    Worked for a few hours this a.m., filling in for one of my co-workers who had to go to Vancouver for a dr app't. It was kind of nice getting off work early! Came home and cleaned my bathrooms (yeah, I know how to live it up-lol). Vacuumed and folded the laundry yesterday, so now my house is nice and clean! I do have another load of laundry in the washer right now tho. It never seems to end and there's only two of us!! Actually, that's not true, I used to do laundry every day, now it's only a couple times a week, so can't really complain.
    Sad that I missed the moon this morning, it was cloudy here, so no chance of seeing much of anything. Oh well. I have seen the "super" moon before, have to admit, it's neat to see. I'm sure another "blood" moon will come my way.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Wendy, glad we could all pull together to save a tube. We are one powerful group of women.

January was not my month so hopefully February will be.

Here is what my jewelry looked like photographed in the light box. It’s the S of the name Speaking in Rings . Got to figure out how to get rid of the shadow.

Terry
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka - I went up and down 4 flights of stairs at the courthouse yesterday. I thought, this is easy! Going down these stairs, why - a child could do it. YES I have sore calves today! You were right on the money! I obviously need to do it more often so will aim to make it a regular stop during the week.

I stepped on the scale this morning - I'm down a pound and a half for the month. I'll take it, tho it wasn't really my goal as I'm within my BMI and my favorite jeans fit. I chalk it up to doing some "cardio bursts" on my non - strength training days, cutting out added sugars and processed foods, restricting gluten and going 13 to 14 hours w/o food from my supper to breakfast. Going to sleep on an empty stomach really has improved my reflux and tummy aches.

Yep ... I've been there and done that with the stair climbing! :grin:

In fact, I've eased way off my stair climbing over the past 6 weeks or so what with Christmas and spending so much time at the university and training for that run ... when I start doing more stair climbing again soon, I know I'm going to be sore for a few days!!

Congrats on the weight loss! :)

Machka in Oz

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
  • angelachason
    angelachason Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Newbie here. Bookmarked done. Do we work out collectively or share our w/os, losses/gains? Here to provide support and encourage others.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Wow! You need to find the new post for November!