WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Beth what is going to happen to the apartment your son rents now? Could he rent it from the new owners?

Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.

He rents a room in a traditional house that has been modified for wheelchair users. The owners/foundation plan to return the house into a single family home and put it on the market. If I were wealthy I’d buy it!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,781 Member
    Options
    Wendy ... prayers for your daughter ...

Michele ... complying with ADA laws is an ongoing battle ...

Machka ... great moon photo!

Stress eating the past couple days ... time to stop that and get serious!

Beth
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wendy...prayers for your daughter.

Betsy in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kelly: Congrats on the 3 lost pounds!!! :flowerforyou:

Becca: We found our own way when we started out our married life. Each looked at their parents & said I'm NOT doing XYZ. Then we set about figuring out what we liked and what suited us. It seems like your kids are in that stage where they are figuring out life after the navy. On the subject of phones & pics--I take a bunch and delete the ones that aren't appealing or are repeats. That is one of the joys of having a phone that is also a camera. On another subject--put me in the older than dirt list. :ohwell:

Lisa: Congrats on the sale of your TX property!!!! :bigsmile:

Michele: Thanks for the good wishes on our travels. We're now with DS & DDIL. The flight was easy and it is good to be here for a while. :star:

Heather: I am often envious that you are able to see your grands so often. My daughter and kids live 1739 miles from me. I'm lucky to see them once a year. DS and DDIL live even farther, 2800 miles away. :broken_heart:

Rye: Congratulations on your weight loss! WTG!!! :star:

Rita: I guess I'm in the older than dirt group too. The earliest phone number I remember is 36-332. I was in grade school and it was a party line. :smiley:

Wendy: I'm so sorry that your daughter needs surgery. I hope all goes well. Prayers for a good outcome. :flowerforyou:

We are currently staying with DS and DDIL. Had a lovely sleep last night and are planning on "Thanksgiving Dinner" tonight. The grocery store had two frozen turkeys & we chose the smaller one. It is BIG compared to our usual birds.

Newbies, this thread will disappear tonight. Barbie creates a new thread for each new month and will post a link to the new thread at the bottom of this thread. She usually does this near the end of the day.

Katla, currently in beautiful VA

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Omgosh! I actually woke up at 6am! OK, don't make fun, I get excited over the most simplest things... Can this become a habit? Hmm its nice to catch the news.

Wendy- prayers sent for your daughter! (((((((Hugs!)))))))))

Katla- It looks like you and your husband have found what works. Hugs, and enjoy your time with your family!
    Personally, I'm pretty picky where I lay my head at night. I will admit I'm not the best traveler. I like my own routine, and it keeps me happily home. Of course we had fun staying at the Navy Lodges now and again. Beds were too crisp though!

Had a nice call from my eldest sister yesterday. We were both saying we missed Mom on Facebook, and then she called me. Its nice to share emotions, and her and I have really bonded over the years. When our middle sister gets strange we vent to each other. She has an upcoming trip to Montana to fix up a home her new husband and his ex both owned. A rental. Definitely something she does not wish to do. I confessed that we are patiently awaiting a call from the doctors to schedule his surgery. She understood my need to be here, and not on a trip to Montana. She said she was just whining. I said you are mad because you are having to take care of a problem they (her new husband and his ex) should've handled a long time ago. Hmm just call me Mrs. Obvious! She confessed she was... It was as always a calming breath of fresh air to yptalkj with her.
    Becca
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Yvonne - a pound is great! Any downward movement is a good thing!!!

Okie
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yvonne in TX, when I was a little girl, my Mom fixed bologna sandwiches and we'd dip them in the tomato soup! It was good, but now, I'd rather have toasted cheese!
    Becca
    Ps you can't type only and pound in the same sentence!! Congrats!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    Yvonne, Terry, Beccaand others eating or thinking of grilled cheese or melted cheese sandwiches: Have you seen the recipes floating around for the cauliflower or zucchini "bread" grilled cheese sandwiches? A lot of work, but if you prepped the cauliflower or zucchini before hand, drained it well; you could store it and use it on a later day. They look delish! And no bread! Mmmmmm!

Yvonne- Congrats on the loss! Down is good!
    Heather- You make me want to live where you do, just from sharing your day to day roamings and errands! I think you should make a video to advertise your place! You could even wear the sparkly outfit you wore to the pub!!
    Allie-Does your son normally live on his own? Perhaps if he could become involved in a support group it would help him. Sending you hugs! You are in my thoughts constantly! <3
    Penny- I didn't think that there were areas of our world that didn't see the moon! Not sure how my brain slid over that fact; since it already knew that you don't see the sun for half the year! I will never take my moon/sun for granted.
    Machka- Great moon pic! Like many places; it was too cloudy, here, to see anything. I did see the moon yesterday evening and it was BIG and low in the sky and a yellow orange. I like the moon in whatever shape or color.

Thanks for the reminder about this being the last day of January! Will look for Barbie's post that takes us into February tonight/tomorrow morning!
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I only got a 14 but I feel older than dirt.

Cheryl North of Chicago
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,744 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ That's my favorite picture of you and Kirby that your are using as your identifier.