WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue G and welcome to the group.
    Barbi, hope you and Jake have safe travels to Seattle and back tomorrow.
    Lisa, congratulations on the completed sale...
    Becca, I remember that row of elevators. I went to high school in Portland and used to love to shop at Meir and Frank, mostly because it smelled so good. I got some great bargains in the basement on the clearance racks.

Reading and thinking of everyone dealing with challenges. Almost the end of January up us. This month went by quickly. I wasn't successful with weight loss but did good with my exercise... maybe I'll have a scale victory in February.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    It is a cold evening in Indiana so I cannot even imagine M in Oz's ocean.

It was like a reasonably warm swimming pool. :)

But today would not be a good ocean day, the air temperature dropped from 30C down to 13C in the space of about 24 hours. :(

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :)Joyce, thank you for the kind words. Motivational videos and books and podcasts and threads like this have been the inspiration for me to keep doing what I know I should be doing. I hope the doctors will find the solution to help your daughter feel better.

:)SueBDew, do you have something interesting to read or watch or listen to while you are on the treadmill? That's the only way I can walk for a long time either outdoors or on the treadmill.

:)Terry, that sounds like a good plan for taking photos of your jewelry. Can't wait to see how the photos turn out.

:* It's windy again tonight. Hope the power doesn't go off again.

<3 Barbie from windy NW Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    sdjm62 wrote: »
    Hello, Ladies! I've been reading the posts here for a couple days and would like to join. I'm 56 with about 20 pounds I'd like to lose. I recently learned I'm borderline pre diabetic so that's my incentive to get serious about my health.

SueG
    Troutdale, OR

Ooh welcome fellow Oregonian! Grew up in Damascus area, off 242nd! After marrying a sailor in the 1980's we finally retired in the Astoria area off the coast. I went to Sam Barlow HS, you? This is a great bunch of ladies!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Betsy in NW Washington , it was a great store eh? I could have an awful day at work, walk to Meier & Frank's and feel so much better! Yes I loved the bargain basement too. Wasn't there a hair salon there? I remember getting my hair cut there.
    Nice ta meetcha!
    Becca
    Coastie in Hammond,
    Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    2veue00fuqt9.jpg
    I need to make this!!!!
    Becca
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Turned in forms to our tax lady. Will it ever stop raining?????
    Becca

I also have had enough of this rain. When will it end??

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Missing department stores: In SF, the City of Paris department store had a 4 or 5 story open rotunda with a rotating Christmas tree that was something to see. BUT best was the carnival on the roof of the Emporium. Nothing like seeing the city lights from the top of a Ferris Wheel many stories above the street.

Barbie what was the new dance you taught? I'm a sucker for catchy Irish music... ;) Safe travels and good thoughts for Jake's appointment.
    Oconnell I was sad when I learned that the Sound of Music movie makers didn't pay the VonTrapps for the rights to the story... they were sold to some earlier not so great movie... just always thought the successful movie should have done the right thing and paid them some royalty...
    Terry "Joyce you bad girl" atta gal, you tell her. Joyce we do NOT want you to fall and hurt yourself even worse! Laundry is just not worth it.
    Karen in UK "learned the wrong one" When we moved from Idaho to the coast, my new line dance teacher uses some of the same songs, but ... not always the same dances! Can NOT wrap my head around the versions of Boot Scootin' Boogie, Can't stop the feeling/Sunshine in My Pocket and Baby Likes to Rock it like a Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train. They dance Dizzy to "Honey I'm Good" but that one I can do ;)
    Kim Va Mtns love the expression on your face!
    Katie Agree with Terry, Evie, et al. Get what YOU like. Hoping the next tile store has the magic combination that stands up and shouts "Me, ME!"... along with reliable installers with openings in the near future.
    Carol I'm trying to get Joe to take me out for Mexican Food and Margaritas too!
    Michele "prefer something store bought" to your home made cookies? Are they crazy? Sending good thoughts for Lexi, is there a special food for her?
    Felicia glad you're still with us.
    Wendy, naughty, naughty cougar! Thanks for teaching me some new words ;}
    Allie prayers and hugs to you and for your son. Does Dan like Alfie?
    Janetr hope you took lots of walking breaks on your long drives. Please watch your legs for any signs of swelling. Blood clots are no fun. Heartbreaking about your wedding rings. Ditto Lanette's ideas and everyone's suspicions of the guy on the phone. Stinker!
    Marcelyn kids climbing walls, LOL!
    Sharon "Where are your people?" LOL! They must be hanging out with mine...
    Becca I too am older than dirt. Glad your hubs copes so beautifully with your tears.
    Lisa great news, happy for you, and more than a little jealous of your debt free state. ;)
    Heather if nothing in Hove in your price range appeals, are you considering staying where you are? Any news on the neighbor's development plan?
    Beth Brava for trying to add humor to your son's scary situation.

Sleep sweet everyone.

Mindful and WARM Hugs to all,
    desismileys_4280.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Awe Barbara, he has no choice but to deal!
    Becca
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Rita - i am looking into a Spanish course here. Seems easier to find than an Italian course. My ex has invited me to Portugal. I guess I better get learning Portuguese. He and his kids all speak mainly languages. I really have to think about this invitation. Should have asked if it was a paid invitation.

Lisa - Tis a great and wonderful day. You must be so happy and relieved to have that money in the bank and that worry gone.

Evelyn - Glad to know that you are not suffering from the flooding.

Worked today. Not sure how I made it until one but I did. My dumb alarm clock is acting up. I told Larry even the clock wants me to get retired. Richard was up to have coffee with me before I took off to work.

Picked up Kim and took her to her interview. I browsed the Bay while she was at it. Anything I liked was over the $200 mark so it all stayed right there.

Picked up Harmony and she was acting odd. Took her up to dance but she kept saying she felt like she was going to throw up. We sat in the car to let her nap as I found out Kim didn't put her to bed until ten. Wish I could force her to take a parenting course. She claims Harmony won't stay in bed. Be consistent and just keep putting her back into bed. My Missy Moo had suitcases under her beautiful eyes.

Jheri is going to be making balloon-a- grams for Valentine's Day. Keira is having something similar for favours at her birthday party on Feb 2. She had decided she wants an art party for her birthday. I think her Mom should be able to handle that. I still need to find a present. We will probably do a small family birthday supper on the 1st, her real birthday. She is very excited.

Larry's brother is going home tomorrow morning. They loaded the table and chairs into his truck so he is ready for take off.

I really have to get more movement happening. I think it will be in the water as I couldn't even finish looking around the bay today.

-Sharon in Lethbridge still wondering where my people are.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, a busy day ahead for me. This week, my packed lunches won't be red lentil soup but rather, chopped layered salad--first quinoa with a little balsamic dressing, then grated beets and carrots a small bit of rotisserie chicken and spinach and mushrooms. Because the dressing is on the bottom nothing gets soggy and I don't carry around an annoying container of dressing. I just shake it up and eat! Also, have blood oranges for a treat, boy are they tasty. I've got my gym bag packed to work out after school and then it's back to work in the evening for a concert--the kids are more than ready to perform and I'm looking forward to that. Some negative and toxic folks at work are nipping at my heels and I'm letting it bring me down----no no no no, I can stretch and exercise and choose to walk away from the wine---I mean whine ;) This time of year is particularly tough on teachers so I find myself writing in my journal at my desk rather than gather around the staff room eating candy and complaining!!!

Lisa Congratulations on the closing, boy I know that must feel like such a relief!

Welcome new folks, accountability and baby steps, pick yourself back up after a bad day (or two) and get right back to this. Your health is worth more than a bad food choice, or couch surfing. Keep checking in with us!

NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    :)Barbara, This is the new dance I taught on Friday copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/tell-me-ma-ID109456.aspx

:)<3 Barbie