WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day

220# Tire flip- 4.33min, 3 laps, 45ft one way, 3laps to/from, 270ft total, 157mhr= 88c
    Apple Watch- 69c
    Various machines, 3sets 10 ea, 5 diff machines, 135mhr= 198c
    Apple Watch- 173c

Total cal 286
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn those kids are climbing the walls :p Too cute.

Janet rats :( so sorry you lost your precious rings. I hope karma serves that attendant exactly what he deserves. And I too would make a police report and contact insurer. But so sorry it happened.

It is my DH that is in some denial about his waist size when shopping for jeans. He does exercise and doesn’t overeat but avoids most veggies. He is an athlete but at 55 his metabolism ain’t what it used to be.

Ah well, I’m savoring my Sunday night before a big work week.

NYKAREN
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    dmcnur wrote: »
    I still have some way to go but am finding the LCHF eating plan to be easy to keep to and much to my surprise don't miss bread, rice or pasta.

I don't call it a diet, it's a way of eating, and VERY easy to follow. Tastes darned good too. :) Fat is my best friend.

Marcelyn
    less than 20g of carbs a day....

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn, ugh, I sympathize with you over the septic issues! We finally sold our place and the new one we bought is connected to sewer. Yay! Cute that the grandkids are literally climbing the walls! lol
    NYKaren, my DH was very athletic also, his eating isn't horrid, but there is room for improvement (isn't there always??lol), but now his mostly sedentary lifestyle is catching up with him. But, with a not great heart and a herniated disc in his lower back his exercise options are somewhat limited. We were going for walks when the weather was nice and it wasn't dark at 4:30 but once the rainy season hit..... Well, neither of us are too excited about walking in the rain. He does have a recumbent stationary bike that he has been riding every other day, so that will have to do for now. We will see what the cardiologist says about his exercise regime on Monday.
    Katie, congrats on the sermon! Sounds like it was an interesting time. Always good to stretch those mind muscles of ours! Our old house never would have come together either. We did things one at a time for the same reason you are. Now because we bought a brand new house everything is coordinated! It's kind of a weird feeling, gotta say! But we are really enjoying not having to reno anything!
    Pip, that tire flip is crazy stuff! You go girl!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Janetr ... I have lost valuable jewelry in the past and I know the sick bottomless feeling it leaves you with. It's only a "thing" ... but still it's a precious thing. I was wondering if you might have the rings insured under your homeowner's policy? My jewelry is covered and did not require a special rider. Not likely to take away the sense of loss but maybe lessen the pain a little ...

Jack and I discussed that possibility, we're not sure of insurance coverage. Will have to check. We had the wedding ring custom made
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Janetr Do you have a photo? I would send it to the police when you make the report. A custom ring would be easily identifiable if pawned. I would also call the station back and talk with the owner as suggested. Hopefully there is camera footage. (((Hug)))

Karen in Virginia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    JanetR, all of my jewelry is covered by our home owners insurance. We don have to list anything by name. Of course all we have of any value is my wedding and engagement ring. I hope you get it back.

Oh Mrcylyn, hose kids are literally climbing g the walls. Would drive me crazy. But they do look quite talented.

All has been good today. Blood pressure moderately high but no dizziness. Someone asked me what my doctor wants it at. My cardiologist wants in the 140s/70s. My last one was 143/66.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katie - If you are keeping the green tile I really lean towards the earthy tones (what I think you call taupe). We have a deep, but short tub. Louis put a handle on it so I could get in and out easier; but, I have started taking showers and I don't get in it. The handle is usually covered by Louis' work clothes.

Janetr - Most insurance policies cover jewelry at $2500.00 I had my wedding ring appraised and we bought the rider for it; wasn't expensive at all. Something like $5 a month.

Have a wonderful week!

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :)Joyce, I have been enjoying the Four Continents Figure Skating. I recorded on my DVR and am way behind. I appreciate your not giving away any of the results in your posts. <3
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,947 Member
    Options
    Lenora, the green tile is going. It has served its time, and I will thank it for its service. All of that will be replaced with subway tile and a new accent tile. If we go with the taupe it will be the marble multicolored one.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Oh JanetR- so sorry about your rings. I hope the insurance will pay for it. I see the dentist tomorrow about my broken tooth.
    Not much going on tonight so will talk to you tomorrow.
    SueBDew in TX
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    x7c4wftxoxq9.jpg
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did 1/2 hr hula hoop on the Wii and 1/2 hr on the recumbant bike. The plan for tomorrow is to do the abs section of Reebok Cardio Tone DVD, hold my plank, then take the extremepump class.

M - what a beautiful pic. That beach looks so tranquil.

NYKaren - happy birthday and anniversary to you and your hubby. Hey, gals, we've got a youngster among us!!! What a wonderful gift!!!!

Tere in VA - good thoughts being sent your way.

DJ - why won't the state let you do basket bingo?

janetr - how you must be hurting over the loss of your rings! That's really questionable how the owner so quickly said "they're gone". I lost the ring my father gave me at the Y and I still think about that to this day. It's been about 10 years. I just keep saying of the girl who I know picked it up "she probably needed it more than me" And then your molar! Lanette had a good idea - the rings just might show up in a pawn shop...or on eBay Wish I'd thought to file a report as soon as the ring from my father disappeared. That ring probably wasn't worth a whole lot -- my father couldn't even afford to own a car! But it's the sentimental value that meant so much.

I wasn't happy with the lemon cookies I'd made for Mexican Train so I made this chocolate cake. It's cake with marshmallows on top, then M&M's then melted icing to seal in the M&M's. I hope it's good. Update: now I'm sorry I said I'd go since that is the day of the State of the Union address and I'd really like to see it. Maybe I'll DVR it.

katie - our church has a bi-lingual mass. It just takes sooooo long because they have readings, etc. first in English then in Spanish.

dmcnur - welcome!

Marcelyn - I totally and completely feel for ya with your septic issue. Every house we've owned has had a septic. Actually, before we could sell our last house, we had to replace the entire septic! Yuk! Jess has city sewer and just can't understand why I put all my grease (really, any liquid) into a jar and then throw the jar out when it's full. To me, it's that much less that's going into my septic. When I go to her place, I can't help it but I turn off the water when I'm washing the dishes and just use it to rinse the dishes. I've just done that for so many years, I can't get used to being able to let the water just run and run. This is the first house we've had that has city water. Ahhhh....to be able to take a shower and someone else flushes the toilet and you don't lose water pressure. It's the little things.

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) Stats for today:
    *16,000 steps
    *127 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *190 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie