WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Had a nice text conversation with middle son last night. I think he's happy, probably missing having friends. I hope he and his wife start doing stuff together, maybe a hobby they both are passionate about. My husband and I enjoyed attending Renaissance faires, and then incorporated that with our boys. That expanded into joining the SCA, and then ending with us joining the clothing optional resort. The boys and husband did D & D type gaming but with GI Joe's. Its important to do things other than school and work. Its something they need to discover. Its weird when she and him go exploring, she has to validate it with lots of pics from her phone. I can understand 1 or 2 pics but 20? The phone is like part of the mix. I think its utterly sad.
    Becca
    Spouting off about kids...in
    Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Did some recumbent cycling today for my bonus calories. Tomorrow I start week 5 of c25k. :o By the end of the week I should be "shuffling" for 20 mins with no break. Help!
    Yoga in the morning. The estate agent is coming later in the afternoon to talk over marketing. That means he will ask us to reduce the price. I was looking today at properties in Hove and there was nothing that interested me in our price range. :(

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Lisa,Yeah!!!! Doing the Zero Balance Mortgage Dance right now for ya!!!! We are at the point where we have no credit card debt, and in as year our car will be paid off! Husband says when its paid off that's when you start having car issues! Well he is wishing a bigger car. Our little car definitely is not for driving more than around town. Trips are hell on our knees, our pedal foot, and our backs!
    Turned in forms to our tax lady. Will it ever stop raining?????
    Becca
    fm0pnrrh7av3.jpg
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    I definitely qualify as an Older Than Dirt gal!
    Becca
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    well, dishwasher and drain in kitchen sink are backed up, when it rains it pours....
    my son went to his appointment, spoke to a woman there and she gave him paperwork for a berevmeant group that meets at hospital once a month, no meds and if he wants to see them to give them a call..
    he is back where I left him this morning, in bed on his kindle all stuffed up under the covers, I made him come out the table to eat some dinner.
    so I got home and took the dog for a walk because he didnt, made dinner and now am in bed with jammies on...
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    t2kh9wscqn8r.jpg

bkwcbp60apq6.jpg
    To all the ladies that visited Portland Oregon. This is the Meier & Frank's department store's beautiful elevators.

• coastalgosgal
    Options
    This store is no longer. But it had beautiful Christmas decorated windows. It was a dignified store, that smelled of cinnamon, and rich colognes! I miss it!
    Becca
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Becca
    fm0pnrrh7av3.jpg

I’m gettin there! Very close actually.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    :'( Dogs have been boarded so we can go to Seattle tomorrow for Jake's visit to the cardiologist. It's lonely without them but I am enjoyed the benefits of watching figure skating and riding the exercise bike for 90 minutes without being interrupted by dogs wanting to go out and I won't have to get up in the middle of the night to walk them. Tomorrow I'll get up early and walk by myself and get home early enough to be reading for us to leave by 6:45.

:'(Janetr, I'm so sorry about your rings.

:)Lisa, congrats on the finalizing of the sale.

<3 Barbie
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Becca, I too qualify as older than dirt.... sigh.
    Lisa, so excited for you!! We have been mortgage free for some years now, but I do remember the feeling! Course, then we went and bought a new vehicle for hubby, paid that off, bought one for me, then another one for him..... Now we are finished buying vehicles and houses! It's truly a great feeling not having any long term debt hanging over our heads.
    We are currently experiencing what has been called an "atmospheric river". From what I can gather that means it's going to rain like h3ll for the next few days. Sure did today!! We have a small creek behind our property, it's dry in the summer, but there's a LOT of water there now! Sure glad we're on slightly higher ground!
    That's it for me for now, hope everyone has a good one!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Woot! Money's in the bank, mortgage shows online as zero balance. Life is good. FREEDOM! Well, in another few months. Might not be physical weight... but a weight's been lifted for sure.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in NC

Such great news. Glad it went smoothly.

Janetr OKC