Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,706 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

0 runner- 60min, 41al, 12ah, 106ac, 9.24min mi, 138mhr, 6.40mi = 436c
    apple watch- 464c

driving today, have an eye appointment and i won't be able to get there in time with the train schedule. feels weird not being on the bike.

later peeps
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Machka and Marilyn, I too can gain weight even while doing lots of long runs training for a marathon. They say hard exercise makes you feel hungrier. Your body likes to maintain its homeostatis. The only way I find to really drop weight is to throw in the odd fasting day. It also resets my Sugar Monster button to a lower level. o4ba80mchmol.gif

wonder what i'm doing different, i don't gain while running
  • pipcd34
    Options
    according to MFP

logged in 367 days
    burned 282,573 calories
    logged, 1411 meals
    logged, 2060 workouts
    walked, 1,056,833 stepts, over 528miles
    most active on wednesdays
    most active day on nov. 5th, burned 3480 cal. that day
    highest step day was 57,471 steps, done on nov. 5th
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    kevrit wrote: »
    Found my stats for as long as I’ve been on MFP. Not very impressed for the length of time I’ve been a member. I need to improve for my health!

Where did you find those stats?

I found the on the progress page down towards the bottom.

Roaming Rita
  • kevrit
    Options
    times60 wrote: »
    Can some tell me how to bookmark. When I click all it says is I have no bookmarks. Doesn's allow me to bookmark and I would love to join this site. I am a 50+ women who would love some friends to share stories

At the top right corner of this thread there is a little star ⭐️ click on it to change it color. That bookmarks it.

Hope this helps!

Rita Rv-er
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Re! Yay! (((Hugs))) Drop in whenever it works out, we just love to hear from you!

Karen in Virginia
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Sisters, it's my first day back at the office today. I also need to run out to the beehives and take some queens out.

Machka, I always book mark this thread using the golden star and i don't get any notifications at all, so there must be a setting somewhere that you can turn off notifications? I don't remember turning it off but maybe I did. I live life so fast that i certainly don't remember every little action I take.

Frankies Girl, I think your word just might be "Consistency" LOL.

I like all the ideas on No Spending and using up what's in your cupboards and freezer. We are starting this year for the next six months with a reduced paycheck...but our expenses have not been reduced. The plan is to cut our mortgages in half as soon as we get paid out for our shares, but that doesn't happen till June so we will just have to tighten the belt and struggle through for the next 12 paydays. I have cut back expenses where I can, ie I dropped my gym membership and I am doing daily morning workouts instead. I think this is actually better for me anyway as I am better off with a daily routine before the day starts and my good intentions get de railed. I am also cutting way down on using gas, staying home more which is hard on me as I get so restless and bored. I am a born wanderer, always wanting to see or do something new.

I am trying to start my Post Christmas fast and drop the pounds I gained over the holidays. I did a partial fast yesterday which helps to get my appetite levels down. Sometimes it takes a few days of trying before I can get my fast started, but usually after one day it gets easy to stay on it till I choose to eat again. Most of the pav, chocolate and icecream is all gone now and if I stay home, stay busy, stay out of the supermarket I can control my desire to buy more.

Usually when I run, I don't gain weight as long as I control my eating, but I don't lose weight either. I see running as a way to maintain my weight. Cutting calories by fasting or semi-fasting is my tool of choice for dropping pounds. Okay darlings, time to start my new morning routine inspired by Barbie, the model of virtue.

<3 Wendy

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wendy: I can't imagine a male in his mid-twenties without a driver's license unless he lost it due to poor driving or DUI. (driving under the influence of intoxicants). My kids are older--son is in his forties and daughter is in her late 30's. I still worry about them regularly, but they're both past the time of driving DUI. Not so sure about DSIL. DS got caught once and had to go to classes ordered by the judge. Luckily there was no wreck and no one hurt in his misadventure and his record is squeaky clan now. :star:

Sharon: Last summer a friend stopped by to share news about one of our mutual friends who was newly widowed. Along the way she remarked about how awful it is that there aren't any bees. We stopped at the end of our sidewalk where I have some native flowers planted & I directed her gaze there. The wildflowers were full of honeybees. Planting flowers helps, and so does avoiding insecticide sprays. As individuals we can't fix the whole problem, but we can make a tiny difference that makes the difference between life and death for at least some of our precious bees. :star:

Viv in York: Happy New Years to you! I hope the year gets better for your family. Your poor grandson has had a rough time. I hope he feels better soon. :flowerforyou:

Machka: I love the photo of the sailboats in the harbor. Thank you for sharing! :bigsmile:

Tere in RVA: Happy New Year to you, too! :star:

Karen in VA: I love the word pluck. Great choice. :flowerforyou:

Barbie: Our weather was bad enough that the dedicated fireworks crowd across the river in WA stayed home. Thank goodness. The bangs they set off wreck our poor little dog & he has more than enough health challenges right now. Thank you for keeping our group together by starting a new thread each month. I am grateful to you for the role you play in keeping this thread going. It is a lifeline. :heart:

I'm out of time for now and not even close to having read everyone's posts. I'll play catch up later.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • kevrit
    Options
    B)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,353 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I faithfully log everything every day (except Christmas Day and Boxing Day) and I rarely go over CICO. Even so I have recently gained a few pounds and I put it down to alcohol, which, I believe, affects the body's metabolism. This is my second AF day. o:) I am much helped by the AF beers. :D I have one small one with my dinner. Low in calories. I gave myself a gold star on my alcohol chart yesterday and will add another today. I print a nice calendar page from Word.
    I have been absolutely starving these last two days since I started my extra exercise, but I am keeping my eating under control. I am going to weigh on Friday. Then every Monday and Friday.
    I'm looking forward to my 2nd day of c25k tomorrow. My yoga friend is going to try out "walking netball". My belt and hook earphones should arrive tomorrow. I don't want them for music, but for the voice of the c25k podcast. Normally I prefer the sounds of the outside.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    langman22 wrote: »
    Barbie, I like your only 3 meals a day and wish I could do that. I have low blood sugar so should eat about 8 times a day. I have the hardest time in the evenings but try not to eat anything after 7. So a lot of planning to spread the calories out. I tend to eat the same things to make it easier.

I also have low blood sugar and I've found what works best for me is this:

10:30-11:00 am - small crackers & cheese (100 calories)

12:30 am - banana

2:00 pm - light lunch

3:30 pm - yogurt

4:45 pm - fruit

6:00 pm - 100 grams of cottage cheese, cucumber & radish slices (mixed into the cottage cheese) and sometimes also a few whole grain rye crackers with margarine

7:30-8:00 pm - dinner

9:30 pm - first snack

11:00 pm - second snack

1 am - off to bed! Which I really should be doing now since it is 1:24 am. Oops!

Machka in Oz

Wow, that is a long day! Husband and I are in bed by 9 pm!
    Becca