WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    .Michele in NC , coddled eggs are really special eggs that you have to pay attention to, and coddle them.....naaah! No, coddled eggs are made by having a pot of boiling water. Turn the burner down to not boiling but still hot. Then swirl the water round and round with a slotted spoon. Then have your eggs ready in a bowl already cracked and just slip them in the water, more towards the outside part, so when it swirls, the egg mixture will form towards the middle. If the water is bubbling then you just get eggy water. Then I time it to about 9 minutes. Use the slotted spoon to check them. Bringing them slowly to the surface. Check them only after the whites have made a cooked whites oval. The yolk is more of a creamy texture, than if you just fry it.
    Becca
    Egg lover in
    Oregon

Same as poached eggs?

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,970 Member
    Options
    Watching X-Files. Talk later.

RV Rita
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. Story of my life. I start out with the best of intentions and then get overwhelmed by how far behind I am and by the time I hop back on I am 1500 messages behind!

Just wanted to say hello to you lovely ladies! I am sure I missed a lot but hope that everyone is doing well.

Allie, it sounds like, from what I've read, that you may have recently lost your dad? I'm so sorry to hear that. (Hugs) to you.

It's been an up and down month. Trying to buckle down now after the holidays and birthdays and take a breather! November through January are crazy busy months for us!

Hugs to all! I'll try to pop on again tomorrow night and get caught up a few pages at a time! (Baby steps...maybe read from here back? to at least catch up on the latest?)

xoxox

Tracie from Wisconsin

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.49min, 137mhr, 11.5amph. 1.4mi= 85c
    apple watch- 78c
    0 RUNNER- 30min, 126ahr, 150mhr, 44al, 13ah, 116ac, 121mhr, 10.03min mi, lvl7, 3.50mi= 254c
    apple watch- 247c
    Floor exercises- 8.55min, 1set of 10ea, 14diff exercises, 142mhr, =77c
    apple watch- 76c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.56min, 14.7amph, 126mhr, 1.4mi= 59c
    apple watch- 46c
    Bike ride PUY 2 SUMN STA- 16.01min, 148mhr, 11.3amph, 3mi= 166c
    apple watch- 115c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.14min, 137ahr, 149mhr, 10.05min mi, .5mi= 66c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.25min, 9.42min mi, 152mhr, .4mi = 73c
    apple watch- 60c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.53min, 7.8amph 153mhr, 2.5mi= 209c
    apple watch- 133c

total cal 990
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Evelyn: Congratulations on your great NSV! Stopping eating at the right time is a great skill that I continue to work at improving. :star:

Rye: I recommend that you google questions about edible things that contain estrogen. I just did and got some interesting reading. :flowerforyou:

Terry: This cleaner was recommended to us by a Pastor from a neighboring town. In hindsight, I'm sure he was more invested in helping her than us. :ohwell:

Dr Katie: "It is amazing and sad that so many of you are struggling with husband’s health issues and/or issues of your own. Sometimes I think the husband issues are even harder than our own because we can’t control how they choose to manage their health. My thoughts are with all of you as well." True enough. Health issues frequently increase as we get older. I my experience, husbands get older and more stubborn. Mine occasionally follows a suggestion from me, and that is a rare day. On the flip side, I'm like that, too. :embarassed:

Kim: Three cheers for your mom and her gift of good boots! :star:

Michelle: Thanks for your good wishes. :heart:

(((Meg))): I think Vitamin D3 and exercise are the best anti-anxiety medicines around. Have you given them a try? :flowerforyou:

We are at the hotel and getting rested & ready for the airport and flight tomorrow. Our DSIL will be picking us up at O'Hare. DD doesn't have a clue what will be for dinner. Maybe we can surprise her and make dinner for her. We will see how it goes.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    desismileys_1848.gif
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,205 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Machka - My left knee doesn't track properly and I first became aware of it at 16 years old when it blew up like a football during school celebrations. I had endless investigations at hospitals etc and nobody could find anything wrong. Very frustrating as it stopped me doing so much and that leg got very weak, so eventually I had to pick it up with my hands to get into the car. Eventually I went to see a sports physio because I had tried a bit of mild dancing at the gym and it blew up again. She knew exactly what it was straight away! (Stupid doctors) Ever since I have been working on strengthening it and do exercises every day. It is now usable and I am able to shuffle/run on it, but it is not perfect. Grrrrrrrrrr!
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka, love the saying. I love your approach by week. Makes sense. “ How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.” Good job with the candy too. Have you seen a regular dr about your knees and foot?

I've known for almost 30 years now about the potential for issues with my knees (and at times I do actually have issues), because of my cycling and the imbalance that creates. I've been to see doctors (who aren't much help), sports doctors (who are much better), physiotherapists and chiros at various times. The sports doctors, physios and chiros all agree on the exercise and stretching I need to do. So I know ... but it's just a matter of doing.

I had been doing some light weights etc. before I started increasing my running in the hopes I might ward this off, but quite probably didn't do enough ... so I've got to do more especially during the coming winter if I want to do an event coming up in early spring (early September).

As for the numb foot, I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. It went numb on the bicycle ride I did on Sunday. That was a particularly strenuous ride ... so much so it triggered my period to start. :frowning: We'll be ramping up the cycling quite a bit more now, so if the foot continues to go numb, I'll see if I can get in to see a sports doctor.

M in Oz

BTW - on this ... one of the things my chiro recommended (which the sports drs and physios also recommend) is that I need to attempt to improve my flexibility. One of the reasons I may have little knee issues and other weird things is that I have all the flexibility of a 2x4.

I get all excited when I can lean forward to do a "touch toes" and can get my fingers past my knees. When I was taking yoga classes regularly (many years ago now), I actually managed to reach something that could possibly be called the top of my "ankle region". But I have never in my life been able to get anywhere near my toes.

So there's that ... the other thing is that I need to do both strengthening as well as stretching of my hamstrings. Hamstrings aren't really well used when cycling, so they are not one of my stronger muscles.

Essentially the suggestion has been that if I work on strengthening that 4th quad and my hamstrings, and work on my flexibility, my comfort when running could improve.

M in Oz

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star: