barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    469367makfzcur9b.gif Stats for today:
    *17,000 steps
    *160 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *137 minutes riding the exercise bike
    *strength training
    *line dance class

:)Meg, I agree with others that finding a non medication solution for stress and anxiety is a good idea...meditation and the 12 steps of the program you go to are possible solutions.

<3 Barbie
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi Jayne, you are a part of this thread just by posting,so welcome! We have lots of mutual support and idea sharing here. <3 Wendy
  • jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @coastalgosgal thank you! You had me laughing here! I had to read my husband the Japanese method of decluttering. I love it!
  • jayne6485
    Options
    @wildhorsewendy thank you for the warm welcome!
  • jayne6485
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Strange thing. I used emojis in my messages and they are not there now. I like to use the smiley and hearts. Weirdness??? Confused emoji. :) Ha! Now one posted!
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heather - It must feel nice to be on target. Job well done.
    Burns night looks like a success.

Janetr - It's always hard saying that final good-bye. Sending you hugs.
    Congratulations on your 10 lb weight loss.

Rita - I believe you can change those numbers. It is good news about your cholestrol and your bone density.

Rye - About veggie servings. I do not think that you use potatoes or sweet potatoes as servings of vegetable. Also fruit is fruit.......unless it's a tomato. I try not to drink my calories but it happens.

Yvonne- My kids used to love "Opposites Day" We always had pancakes , bacon and eggs for supper on that day.

Kim - Virginia Woolf was full of wisdom.

Work was work.
    Stopped at my sister's after work. Les made me coffee. Jheri stopped in to pay me and stayed to eat and visit. I ordered a ring for myself and am now feeling guilty about it. It is quite pretty with a real pearl. I'm not sure what led me to that decision. Still waiting on the t-shirt that she ordered for me. I got it straightened out how much she had left to go for a manicure with Taylor. After coffee I went to M&Ms. I went for fish and fries and came out with over $100.00 worth of groceries. I really enjoyed the haddock. I want to eat more fish but not necessarily Salmon.

I went to the mall to help shop for prizes. My friend was on a bit of a power trip. Maybe because she held the money. It was annoying when she challenged any suggestion I might make (not sure what was up with that)
    She tried to veto some of the prizes but I was firm in my stance that it was the Social committee's choice. I was of the opinion that we should have just let the 3 of them do it and let the chips fall where they may. In the end I was pleased with what we have so far. I hope the staff likes the prizes.

Jheri went with Jason to a meeting. She said it was intense.

We are babysitting the girls tomorrow for a sleep over. I'm hoping to convince Greysyn to come also and to bring his guitar. Want to do a small craft, play a game (probably Chinese checkers) , do a dance, sing along to the guitar, make peanut brittle. Maybe go to CoCo. I'm sure that my energy won't allow me to do everything but I am going to try.

Buenos noches

Sharon in Lethbridge where I am 51% fluent in Spanish.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,363 Member
    Options
    Sharon - When I said I am on target, I meant I'm hitting the targets for weekly loss according to MFP. I still have two and a half pounds to go to hit my "happy place" as Wendy calls it. I like my BMI to be below 24. If I lose the pounds I will be 23.9. :D

Feel good this morning. o:) Looking forward to the SingalongaSoundofMusic tonight. I've got to get up to London in time to check in to the hotel and get into my costume. I'm going to make my own hair into plaits with red bows as the wig is fun, but uncomfortable for a whole evening's singing in a hot cinema! The hotel is around a 30 min walk away, so exercise there and back. I'm doing this morning's as usual.

Still thinking of you Allie. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    pc8sdpdeyzx4.jpg
    Yummy summer!

They need a couple more weeks of ripening! :)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Jheri asked me to go to Michael's and get her some special paper to work with the Alcohol Inks. It will be interesting to see what she does next. Here's a fish she did with them5bxygruiti8k.jpg She has decided to make the show of her huge flower canvases and her water colour bees.

That's beautiful!

• Machka9
    Options
    Exciting Lisa! :D

Machka - I'm sure you've been given loads of knee exercises, but I found these on the Internet, specifically for tracking.

https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/vastus-medialis-exercises#1

I already do some knee stuff, but I will add at least one more to my daily routine. I decided today to check on the clamshell exercise, just to see how far I've come. When I first did it, in the sports physio clinic, I could only raise my leg about five inches. Now it goes up a long way. :D I don't think it will ever be perfect, or even as good as my right leg, but it functions, most of the time now. I was pretty much crippled.

Big news of the day - I HAVE LOST ANOTHER POUND! :drinker: Phew! That makes three and a half pounds since Jan 1st. Exactly on target. :D Only two and a half pounds to go! :o:p

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Thanks for that link, I'll have a closer look at it ... and congratulations!!

• KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Sharon - When I said I am on target, I meant I'm hitting the targets for weekly loss according to MFP. I still have two and a half pounds to go to hit my "happy place" as Wendy calls it. I like my BMI to be below 24. If I lose the pounds I will be 23.9. :D

Feel good this morning. o:) Looking forward to the SingalongaSoundofMusic tonight. I've got to get up to London in time to check in to the hotel and get into my costume. I'm going to make my own hair into plaits with red bows as the wig is fun, but uncomfortable for a whole evening's singing in a hot cinema! The hotel is around a 30 min walk away, so exercise there and back. I'm doing this morning's as usual.

Still thinking of you Allie. <3<3<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Heather, I hope you enjoy the SingalongaSoundofMusic tonight. A few years ago my daughters and I went to the theatre in Cardiff to watch the musical, Jason Donovan was Captain VonTrapp. Although it wasn't a sing along, we did in fact, singalong! Was great fun.
    All the best
    Karen UK
  • Machka9
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Allergy testing: I reacted to molds and weeds mostly everything growing around me. Start immunotherapy next week with two shot every other day. Good news is I can do them myself after training.

I've been going to an allergist for about 3 years now.

I'm quite allergic to dust mites, and did take measures to reduce the number of dust mites in the place, but I was on so many allergy pills, I decided to go the desensitisation route.

It started with a shot each week for the first year, then every other week for the second year, then about once a month for the third year. I'm now at the point where I'm hoping that sometime soon, I'll be shifted to once every 3 months.

Because my allergist is also a medical doctor, I get the shots done for free, but I do have to pay for the liquid stuff that goes into the shots. However, I've had to buy that twice now, and it's only been about $250 each time ... $500 over 3 years isn't bad.

And it does seem to be helping! :)

Machka in Oz