WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    Fiona I love the name Fiona! Regarding exercise I took someone’s suggestion here (Lanette or Barbie) to start weight training and picked up the book Strong Women, Strong Bones by Miriam Nelson at her suggestion. Much of the good material in that book is also in this site in a free downloadable pdf which the author contributed to: http://growingstronger.nutrition.tufts.edu/

Thanks for the link Rye I have just downloaded it

Welcome JAYNE and FIONA

ALLIE we are all thinking of you stay strong

Kate UK <3
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    BECCA hope DH surgery goes ok

Kate UK
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,711 Member
    Options
    morning peeps, welcome new peepers
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people! :D
    Just stick around and you will pick up some great ideas. By the way, I DON'T DO FRIENDS, so no good asking me! :laugh:

I'm at the hotel. I've had a cup of tea (the most important thing) and I'm about to watch a favourite TV programme. Loads of time to get ready, but I hope the plaits (braids) don't defeat me. I've brought ribbon etc with me. The cinema is less than half an hour's walk away, so I will get some exercise in. I have bought sushi for dinner before I leave. B)<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Welcome new people! :D
    Just stick around and you will pick up some great ideas. By the way, I DON'T DO FRIENDS, so no good asking me! :laugh:

I'm at the hotel. I've had a cup of tea (the most important thing) and I'm about to watch a favourite TV programme. Loads of time to get ready, but I hope the plaits (braids) don't defeat me. I've brought ribbon etc with me. The cinema is less than half an hour's walk away, so I will get some exercise in. I have bought sushi for dinner before I leave. B)<3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Enjoy! It sounds like such a good time!

• KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, quick question!
    Does anyone know if there is somewhere on MFP to find your performance summary by year please. I have last year's and would be interested to know how it compares to previous years.
    Thanks, if anyone has the answer.
    All the best
    Karen UK
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    jayne6485 wrote: »
    Strange thing. I used emojis in my messages and they are not there now. I like to use the smiley and hearts. Weirdness??? Confused emoji. :) Ha! Now one posted!

For some reason if you use emojis in your posts they have a tendency to make your post disappear. Now I can use an Navy anchor emoji to " save my spot" in how far I've read till, and that posts fine.
    Becca
  • coastalgosgal
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Heather have a wonderful time!!!!!!! I love the " climb every mountain" part and would be singing really opera-y on that part!
    Becca
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Have fun Heather!! Speed question for everyone....
    What is your favorite song in The Sound of Music?
    I have two, The Lonely Goatherd (because it is fun) and Something Good (because the lyrics are <3 )
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,711 Member
    Options
    .===
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    16 going on 17 and Favourite things. But, honestly all of em!
  • spikeyhair
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Have fun Heather!! Speed question for everyone....
    What is your favorite song in The Sound of Music?
    I have two, The Lonely Goatherd (because it is fun) and Something Good (because the lyrics are <3 )

mine are Lonely Goatherd and Do Re Mi

HEATHER have a great time I love to sing along with others as I have a terrible voice.

Kate UK
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    All the songs are my favorite in The Sound of Music! Love watching the end of the movie, because Christopher Plummer confessed once that little Gretl, weighed a ton, so that is a doll he's got on his back!!!! Haha!
    Becca
    Knower of mindless drivel in
    Oregon
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    <3