• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,

Heather – have a great time! You look adorable

Allie – thinking of you!

Favorite Song of Music song Do Re Me

Joyce – glad you are ok

OConnell – There are some good books about the von Trapps - I read one called Maria and really liked it.

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Langman, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. This is for a bathroom, not a kitchen. The hexagon is for the floor and the subway for the shower and tub surround.

In that case I think the one on the right is a more up to date tile for a bathroom . The other one is pretty common.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Langman, I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. This is for a bathroom, not a kitchen. The hexagon is for the floor and the subway for the shower and tub surround.

In that case I think the one on the right is a more up to date tile for a bathroom . The other one is pretty common.

And I’d go for the one on the left - it feels more traditional and classic. The modern one on the right might be trendy - but modern trendy often seem dated quite quickly.
  • langman22
    Options
    Joyce you bad girl. Next time you have to go down sit on your butt and go down. You can slide down what you would carry or toss it down the stairs first. Better than falling and ending up worse than just dizzy.
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »

And I’d go for the one on the left - it feels more traditional and classic. The modern one on the right might be trendy - but modern trendy often seem dated quite quickly.

Y’all are really helping. LOL. Interestingly, to me I see the predominant tiles as exactly the same, just different colors. My dilemma is whether to go with the subway tile matching the floor tile or being a different color. I guess either of the accent tiles have the potential to look dated, but I don’t see either as particularly trendy, but what do I know? I just know what I like.

• langman22
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »

Y’all are really helping. LOL. Interestingly, to me I see the predominant tiles as exactly the same, just different colors. My dilemma is whether to go with the subway tile matching the floor tile or being a different color. I guess either of the accent tiles have the potential to look dated, but I don’t see either as particularly trendy, but what do I know? I just know what I like.

Always go for what you like. You are the one that has to live with it. Lol
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,330 Member
    Options
    Katie - I'm not a fan of brown, but I think you use brown a lot more in the US. I would just go with your heart. :D I just hate those decorating decisions. Nightmare!

I slept pretty well. The hotel is absolutely quiet. I haven't heard a sound! I've had my first cup of tea and will have another before I go down for breakfast. Maybe poached eggs, Becca!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, quick question!
    Does anyone know if there is somewhere on MFP to find your performance summary by year please. I have last year's and would be interested to know how it compares to previous years.
    Thanks, if anyone has the answer.
    All the best
    Karen UK

On the laptop/desktop version ...

See where it says Reports at the top. Go there and start clicking various options. The ExportData link might do it, but you might need Premium.

tezw54bz1nd3.png

Machka in Oz

Thank you, I'll have a look.
  • KarenUK56
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I taught a new dance to my line dance class today. It was a pretty easy dance with very catchy Irish music. Everyone seemed to like it and most learned it fairly quickly.

:) Jake went out to lunch with a friend so I had the house to myself for a few hours to ride the exercise bike and watch figure skating.

:)Heather, you look fabulous in your Sound of Music outfit. I'm glad it was fun for you.

<3 Barbie desismileys_1848.gif

Barbie, I wonder if you do some of the same dances that we do in my class? There must be thousands of them. If our teacher teaches a new one that I particularly like, I find it on YouTube and practice it in my kitchen at home! Back in the summer, he showed us a new dance which I looked up and practiced until perfect. When I went to class the next week, it turned out that there were two dances to the same music and I had learned the wrong one!!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Going to Chinese restaurant tonight to celebrate DSIL 80th birthday. Don't eat much Chinese so any suggestions for healthyish eating. Won't have much for lunch but bound to go over allowance or should I just enjoy and start again tomorrow HaHa

Kate UK
  • KarenUK56
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Going to Chinese restaurant tonight to celebrate DSIL 80th birthday. Don't eat much Chinese so any suggestions for healthyish eating. Won't have much for lunch but bound to go over allowance or should I just enjoy and start again tomorrow HaHa

Kate UK

I think I would enjoy it and start again tomorrow. Chicken with green peppers in a black bean sauce is very nice and (I think) not too high in calories. I have a Chinese takeaway very rarely and that is what I always have. Maybe have it with bean sprouts instead of rice or chips.
    Hope you enjoy whatever you decide to eat.
    All the best
    Karen UK
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    Rest day today. Relaxing morning and early afternoon ... and then we went into the city to the botanical gardens where we attended a performance of Aladdin. It's sort of aimed at kids, but we enjoyed it too. :)

Then we wandered around the city, had fish and chips on the waterfront for dinner, and a rather expensive frozen yogurt for dessert. 2.5 km walk in total.

Machka in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Prayers for you today, Allie. Until you experience the death of a loved one, you don’t really appreciate the power of comfort received from the folks who do nothing more than to show up for you. I’m glad you got to experience that comfort at your father’s wake.

Heather, the current hot color in decorating is definitely gray. Beige and browns that were hot ten years ago are starting to look dated. I’ve never been a fan of beige or chocolate brown for decorating, but I like the grayish taupe tones of the dark tile here. The white subway won’t ever go out of style completely.

The good news is that I have one more tile place to visit on Monday. Who knows? They may have something that blows me away. The thing that will probably drive my decision more than anything is the contractor. The only one I’ve found so far willing to do the job would require me to go with the gray since it’s their tile.

No matter what I choose, it will be an improvement over the dirty white with teal green accent tiles that I have now. That color is so dated that it is actually back in style!

Another full day of Lay Servant stuff, today and then tomorrow I’m going to really step out of my comfort zone. I am delivering a sermon to a Hispanic congregation in our community. Do I speak Spanish? No! I will have to remember to say a sentence, wait on the translator, then say another.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Katie I like the grey tile. Your bathroom will be so nice!

Sharon Jheri's fish is so beautiful. What a talent!

Penny <3

Lisa Congrats on the sale of the warehouse. What a relief!

Heather You've been busy! Burns night and Sing-Along photos both very appreciated. So much FUN! You looked adorable for the singalong. Re Burns night: I had to enlarge the photo to get a good look at the Haggis... :|

Address to a Haggis

Fair fa' your honest, sonsie face,
    Great chieftain o the puddin'-race!
    Aboon them a' ye tak your place,
    Painch, tripe, or thairm:
    Weel are ye worthy o' a grace
    As lang's my arm...

Allie So glad the wake was wonderful. Thinking of Janetr as well.

Kate UK What did you end up choosing at the Chinese Restaurant? Chicken and Broccoli is a relatively healthy choice at the restaurant we go to.

Getting ready to go to work this morning. Have a nice weekend, friends!

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    Options
    No matter what I choose, it will be an improvement over the dirty white with teal green accent tiles that I have now. That color is so dated that it is actually back in style!

That's funny! As I was reading through, I was thinking that for a bathroom, I'd go for a blue or a blue-green colour. :grin:

I like a beach-look in a bathroom ... pale sand, aqua, shells, etc. But unfortunately, my current one isn't anything like that.

M in Oz