WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2018

Options

Replies

• jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @wildhorsewendy That’s funny! I’m still wondering what “to root” is.
  • jayne6485
    jayne6485 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @costalgosgal Things will get better and there is always something to be thankful for. A favorite aunt use to say: this too shall pass. It’s the truth too. Hugs and have a blessed weekend. ❤️❤️❤️
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    jayne6485 wrote: »
    @wildhorsewendy That’s funny! I’m still wondering what “to root” is.

I’m afraid it means what I think it means. Oh, my!

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,600 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

spin class- 41min, 104aw, 79ar, 139ahr, 160mhr, 10.9mi= 439c
    Apple Watch- 395c
    floor exercises- 6min, 1set of 10 ea, 9 diff. exercises, 133mhr, = 33c
    Apple Watch- 36c

total cal 472
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wendy :D:D:D
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    <3
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    Welcome back, wessecg. I remember you. I saw your name and thought, she’s the one with horses. When Wendy first started posting, I thought it was you. It took me a little while to figure out I was wrong. Will be interested to hear what you learn at the brain center.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,375 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    wessecg wrote: »
    Thank you. I will check it out. Yes, my brain is older than it should be due to the amount of trauma it has suffered. Also, I will be going to a Brain Health center that is supposed to give me a list of preventative measures.

Please check your messages - I just sent you one with a link you might find helpful. B)

Lanette
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    If you're the type who likes to follow a plan, you might like the weekly meal plans that SkinnyTaste posts. I get them in my Facebook feed.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinnytaste-meal-plan-january-29-february-4/

She posts a meal plan each week, and you can look back at other weeks as well by clicking the Meal Plan link at the top.

https://www.skinnytaste.com/meal-plans/

Personally, I'm not that much of a meal planner, but I have tried a few of the recipes now and then and have liked them. And I know it can be helpful to follow plans, even for just a little while, to get on track and develop habits.

Machka in Oz
  • drkatiebug
    Options
    I did not know skinny taste did that, Machka. Thanks for the link. I’m going to give it a try.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,375 Member
    Options
    Machka - thank you for that list of exercises. I downloaded a document from that same organization a few months ago which actually gave the following exercise recommendations:

Post menopausal women and middle aged men-
    [/b] Encourage participation in a multi-modal exercise regimen inclusive of moderate-high impact weight-bearing exercise (eg: 50-100 jumps) and high intensity progressive resistance training at least 3 times per week.
    Specific spinal extension resistance training during middle-age has been shown to reduce vertebral fracture rates over 10 years.
    Note: leisure walking on its own is not recommended as an adequate strategy for bone health although it has benefit for general health and fitness.

I think that website you mentioned above is really great, lots of good ideas. And YOU gave me an idea. The tallest public building in our county is the courthouse - 4 stories. I need to remember when I'm in town to walk UP the stairs and back down again. Some of my co-workers used to do that on their breaks. In retrospect, I wish I had joined them.

I plan to make a chicken vegetable curry soup tomorrow. Don't have any cauliflower but I do have a nice fat sweet potato!

Lanette

Sorry for the boldface - posting seems to have a mind of its own on this laptop, lol.