KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Kim Virginia says-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,085 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Heather what fun. I used to sing along to Julie Andrews when I was little. Love her voice!

Katie the grey goes better with the counter top. The counter has a grey tone. The flecks look more black to me in the picture.

I like the taupe too but I would go with a different counter top more in a cream or brown undertone.

What fun to be having a bathroom make over!

It depends if you want a cool tone (grey) or warm tone (taupe) You would use totally different accent colors depending which way you go too. Do you have your towels and other accents already or are you waiting until it is done?

Yesterday worked a half day. Wasn't the hardest,but not the smoothest either. Afternoon spent scraping the ice off the driveway and visiting son.

I think I am tired from all the snow shoveling earlier in the week and getting the ice off yesterday.

:heart: Margaret
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options

Barbie, I wonder if you do some of the same dances that we do in my class? There must be thousands of them. If our teacher teaches a new one that I particularly like, I find it on YouTube and practice it in my kitchen at home! Back in the summer, he showed us a new dance which I looked up and practiced until perfect. When I went to class the next week, it turned out that there were two dances to the same music and I had learned the wrong one!!

:)Karen, I send the students in my class an e mail on Mondays to tell them what I'll be teaching in the class on Friday. Many of them practice at home. In my e mail I list the dances as links to copperknob.co.uk/ where they can see the step sheet and have a choice of videos of the dance.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Lanette- Your jumping jacks are the reverse of what I do when my ankles are acting up! I move my arms and just bounce and move one leg out at a time. Never leaving the ground. I say "YOu do what you can in the hopes that tomorrow you can do a little more or a little better!" Jumping jacks are incredibly jarring on the body; but they get that heart rate up! With or without arms.
  • KarenUK56
    KarenUK56 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning! Happy Saturday! I have my usual weekend stuff to do, errands, clean, cook. Going to try to get a couple little projects started/finished for my daycare. Hoping to make a "gadget wall" for my kiddos. I plan to attach a few different types of locks, switches, a couple of calculators, an old rotary phone, mirrors, textural type of things like sand paper, scrubbies, fluffy dusters, etc.. Just things for the kids to touch, experience and work at. If I have room on the wall I will attach a shirt with buttons, a zipper, and a vest to be laced and tied. I will be making it out of white peg board and attaching it with zipties to my balustrade along my stairwell. Perfect height for the kids. Out of the way for me. Able to easily attach and remove with zip ties. I will line the back of the pegboard with some felt so that it doesn't scratch up my balusters. Fingers crossed I can get it done.
    Heather- Looks like everyone was having a great time!
    Katiebug- I look at it as a choice of warm or cool color preference. Normally I prefer warm colors and I painted my home in warm tones when we moved in twelve years ago. Now, I am looking at cool tones for all of my rooms. Go with what appeals to you. Right now, I am slightly obsessed with that glitter paint and trying to figure out a place where I could use it.
    Machka I like that beachy look, too! Right now I have shells, sea glass, corals,etc., that I picked up off the beach in Florida a few years back in my bathroom. I just have to paint my walls and redo my cabinets to match better.

Took a walk with the kids yesterday! Temps were higher than normal at 43*!! The sun was out, which was the best thing about the whole day! The kids had a ball and we waved at every neighbor we saw. Photo below. My four newly potty trained are the ones standing at the sides of the stroller. The four year old is behind the stroller (helping push :s ) and our baby is bundled up like a little papoose in her snow suit. They all napped like champs yesterday! 579shn1i536f.jpg

Well, I better get moving! The day goes on without me if I don't get busy! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Goodness me , Kelly! How on earth do you manage to look after 6 little ones together? I had my little 18month old grandson here this morning and he was into everything!
    Yours are such little cuties!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Lanette- Your jumping jacks are the reverse of what I do when my ankles are acting up! I move my arms and just bounce and move one leg out at a time. Never leaving the ground. I say "YOu do what you can in the hopes that tomorrow you can do a little more or a little better!" Jumping jacks are incredibly jarring on the body; but they get that heart rate up! With or without arms.

Kelly - I'll try that. I've added jumping jacks to my regular workout mainly for bone strength - the jarring on the hip bones makes them build bone I guess. But jarring... oh my yes. All kinds of body parts are jiggling. Another reason I keep the "girls" contained, lol. <3

Lanette
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Karen Virginia - haven't been out yet it is only 14.45pm here at the moment, these time differences can be confusing. I have looked at the menu and was thinking of chicken and broccoli or a steamed veg dish

Welcome Kim keep checking thread and jump in when the mood strikes lots of advice, inspiration and laughs and occasionally cries on here

Kelly the littluns are so gorgeous

Heather if I haven't already said you and your friends looked great for the singalong and I'm sure you had a great time

Kate UK <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katie – What I see is gray tones and/or brown tones when I am looking at the first picture. I think the brown tones (right side) pull out more of the brown specks in the countertop than the gray ones do for the gray tones. I vote for the one on the right (brownish) more than the gray ones. Since in the 2nd picture you are showing the brownish tones, I am just guessing that it is your favorite as well. I see a lot that maybe others don’t because I am an artist. I just tend to like earth tones more than gray (although gray is considered to be neutral). You can make any color neutral by the way you use it in any given area. My vote: the one on the right (one shown in 2nd picture). I think the small gray tiles look more like bathroom tiles than the skinny long tiles on the right. I had to put a piece of paper over each choice to see how it would pull out the colors I see in the granite. I just think the dark spots in the granite counter are pulled out by the darker shades of the tiles more than the gray one does. I guess that the word ‘taupe’ in the manner you are using it make me think more of a ‘gray’ tone.

What other colors are you using in the rest of the house? Earth tones or grays? Are you in the process of redecorating your entire house? That would also make a difference in what you put in the bathroom and/or kitchen. Is the area open to other areas of the house, or is the door open most of the time? I like the hexagon shape; could you find a hexagon shaped tile to use in the area you planned on using the gray hexagon? I am more for bringing out a color than I am for matchy-matchy.

I guess my choice also is because of watching so much “Fixer Upper” episodes and Jo tends to use a lot of grays. Therefore I am not as wild about grays as I might be otherwise. LOL!

The first house we bought when we came back to Albany had hunter green and sage green in the master bedroom and a pinkish-beige in the upstairs … finding wallpaper was a B****; but, did it and they looked like they were meant to be. Same thing in the next house we bought. Had green and blue fixtures in the bathroom and needed to find wallpaper that made it ‘look like it was meant to be’ … certainly could not have replaced them. Of course, wallpaper went out of style and now is making its way back.

I also think that “M” has the right idea as well … blues or greens – soft colors of the sea. But that would not go with our ‘hunting lodge’ décor … lots of earth tones here.

But, that is just IMHO.

Kate – Chinese food is cooked in a lot of oil, don’t think there is a healthy-ish choice. Whenever we go, I just eat about ½ of what I order and bring the other ½ home for the next day. But, I do that wherever we go.

Michele – Taylor, just graduated from WGU in December is trying to make up her mind about what she wants to do (career choice). She graduated with a Science/Biology degree and now thinks she wants to go for her Masters. She needs to get a job as her Daddy cannot afford to continue paying her bills. They told her that and she told them that she was waiting to find out what Chase is going to do. They told her, ‘get a job’ … she is afraid of getting a job and then having to move if he is accepted into PT school. She is thinking about becoming one as well. Then, they could go to PT school together. Her Daddy is wondering if Chase is ever going to ask her to marry him. At the moment, even though he has tried to get her to agree, she is paying ½ of the rent, utility bill, etc., and he is willing to pay it if she will buy groceries and cook healthy for them. I can understand her not wanting to depend on Chase; but, I also understand her Daddy’s position of not being able to continue paying her bills. Other than ‘staying out of the fray’. If she gets a job, then my $50 that I give her each month will stop. At the moment, it pays for her cell phone. She has been taking on a few of her bills on herself. Kids, they seem to be ‘boomerang’ kids. I don’t believe my boys were bad as her generation. Although I do think that Trey working for his Dad means he is a ‘boomerang’ child.

Joyce – Feeling dizzy suxs (at best). I still have dizzy spells and that make me want to sit or lay down when I do. If I don’t then I feel nauseous. They lowered my Dilantin after I had the lab work on Thursdays. I was surprised that he got the results the very next day. Have not heard anything about my MRI. So, now I am back on all the pre-hospitalization dosages of my medications. The only difference is Thiamine and Folic Acid added. Taylor told me they put her on an Rx-brand iron with folic acid and it does not stop her up nearly as bad as the OTC did. I need to ask her the name of it, so I can ask my MD about it.

Lenora
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    katiebug I’m a fan of the grey tones with white, wish I could afford Carera marble but there are plenty of faux tiles to get that look. I also prefer darker tone on the floor and the rectangle floor tile is all the rage now. I envy you, a fresh start for the bathroom is always great. 5 years ago DH insisted on the taupe and brown tiles to replace the old classic blue bathroom. In comparison to the old blue it was a real pick me up but I would have preferred grey family.

Well had my first fail cooking with IP today. Tried oatmeal without following a recipe and it essentialy stuck to the bottom of the insert. :s

Allie the blessings of all those that loved your father will surround you and hold you up. Thinking of you today

NYKAREN