JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options

JFT, 5/31/18

1. Drink 1 bottle of water per cup of coffee :)Have one left to go before bed(which is eminent)
    2. Eat sensibly at D's house :)Did this and managed to stay in the green
    3. Be home by 9pm :)9:45. Left late due to planning next weeks organizing night. Lol

Had a great day! Opened an account all by myself! The DH is insistent that I get off the computer so I'll post goals really quick then sign off!

JFT, 6/1/18

1. Weigh myself
    2. 1 bottle of water per cup of coffee
    3. Log ALL of my food!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    New month, new opportunity for lots of us to re-set and focus for summer! I’m very aware that I have a hard seven weeks ahead of me with work and want to try and keep consistent in workouts and tracking over this time. Want to head off into the summer holidays feeling good and strong.

Yesterday was super busy but I did ok with goals. Will be a less active one today as I really have to get my head down and do these reports :( .

Goals for Thursday
    - morning workout ✅
    - P to swimming at 10 ✅
    - Jogging with L ✅
    - Make lasagne ✅
    - L dentist at 3 ✅
    - 10x reports :| only 5
    - Stay within calorie goal ✅
    - Early night :/ took me until quite late just to get the 5 reports written.

Goals for Friday
    - morning workout
    - P to cookery class
    - Get documents ready
    - Lawyer in the AM
    - Portion and freeze batch cooked food
    - Reports - aim for all 20 remaining, minimum 10
    - Steps to 10k
    - Stay within calorie goal
    - Pack girls for weekend with their dad
    - Early night
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    JFF*

*just for friday

1) Adhere to meal plan:
    2) Hit protein and calcium goals
    3) Drink 64 oz of pure water
    4) Physical therapy morning and evening
    5) Use the calories I have not yet planned on fruits and veg, not eating out!
    6) Yoga routine
    7) Find swimsuit and call pool about membership
    8) Clean out fridge for grocery shopping on Saturday
    9) Make soup for the freezer to replenish my stockpile
    10) No after dinner eating (joined June Late Night Snacking challenge)
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 Wow, that is seriously beautiful work. You are so very talented!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a fail....!

Having planned to eat before pub, not eat at pub, drink only 2 glasses of wine and leave by 8.30 I:
    - Ate before pub
    - Ate cheese toasties at pub (ordered by colleagues for group to share)
    - Drank 4? 5? Glasses of wine
    - Left the pub at 11.30
    - Had a burger king on the way home

Not quite the plan..... I did have a very good time with my colleagues though, and hadn't done that in a while!

So, yesterday's commitments... (!)

- Log everything I eat :/
    - Stick to food plan :D (that smiling face is me laughing at how much I did NOT stick to my plan!)
    - 3 bottles water (including one at pub) :/ really wish I had as well, would feel significantly better today if so
    - 30 mins lunch break :smile:
    - French podcast, article, book :neutral: 2/3
    - 9h work today (no more!) :/ 9.5. I had to get something done before my day off but unfortunately because I was so tired after my intense week I was really slow at getting it done
    - Leave pub by 8.30 :D Again that face represents laughter...
    - May challenge: 15 mins walking outside (after pub) :'( annoyingly I failed to do this on the last day!!! Gaaaaaah.

Oh well, onwards and upwards....

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - 4 bottles water
    - Go to gym
    - French podcast, article, book
    - Plan to-do list for weekend
    - Spend time on job hunt

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    JFT QUICK

Up at 4:30 a.m. very busy day ahead.
    Difficult time is after 7 p.m. . Big challenge is
    Kitchen closed 7:30 pm
    Oral hygiene 7:30 p.m.
    Bed by 9:30.

I'm on my recumbent bike so it's a little bit hard to write this and I'm dictating on my phone.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    Do we have a June Challenge?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    JFT, 6/1
    Boundaries study
    Log all food
    Exercise
    Drink 8 cups of water (slacking off on it this week--but not today!)
    What am I grateful for today?
    Close down the kitchen by 830.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Hope you don’t mind me filling this in lol! It’s very insightful but it’s good for me to write it down!!

Are you struggling? - YES!

Think back to when you were consistently losing weight. What were you doing then that you are not doing now? What has changed?

Were you logging all of your food? Yes!
    Were you determined to stay in the green? Yes!
    Did you do JFT's every day?yes!
    Were you drinking 8 cups of water?No but I do better now
    Were you exercising daily? Almost daily
    Were you closing up the kitchen at a specified time? No but this wasn’t an issue
    Were you cutting up veggies and fruit and creating portion controlled snacks? No
    Were you taking every bite captive? No
    Were you adamant in not having food in your house that would cause you to binge eat? No but again, not much of an issue!
    Were you journaling? No
    Were you keeping a gratitude journal? Not really my thing
    Were you involved in a program of some kind that helped keep you motivated? No
    Did you write down a plan and look at it several times a week? Him kind of! I had a list of why I wanted to lose weight and a list of what i would feel like if I didn’t
    Were you purposeful? Focused? Determined? More so than now!

What has changed???
    A lot!!! New baby but I really think that by now that’s more of an excuse. Of course I’m going to be more tired but I really don’t get to bed early enough. By the time I’ve tidied up after tea and got them in bed I just want space to sit and watch a bit of telly, some me time to relax. Where as this is realistically the only time I have to exercise. So really that’s where I’m torn. Exercise of relax!

I’m also not getting full enough and at the moment experiencing pretty bad hunger in between meals and I know that’s not right but I think I might just persevere until I get used to it!
    Taking the “go hard or go home” approach lol!!

You are SO motivational it’s infectious!
    I’m feeling good about today so far!
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I love the new quilt! What a great way to use your scrap fabric. :-)

JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Complete 4 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water before allowing myself a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green" with my sodium intake
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Complete 3 orders from my shop
    7. Laundry
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @HGSmith0920 - so happy you had a good day today!!! And congrats on opening up a acct yourself

@Bex953172 and @Snowflake1968 - thanks for the advice re my son. My hubby and I were upset at first, but we also know that our son has been very unhappy in his marriage for many years. They were married for 15 years, and I think the past 10 years he seemed so down and unhapy. We always felt that way, and to see him the past few visits with his boys... he is the son we knew. Its like we got our son back again. He seemed so happy. So while I still wish he would wait a little longer before meeting someone, you can't always plan those things. And if this woman makes him happy.... well... that is all a parent wants is for their children to be happy. So I will keep my mouth shut ---- be kind and nice to this lady, and give her a chance. It is all our son's decision.

@MLHC1 - so happy to see you back. But did I miss something? Your little guy having surgery? I will be saying a prayer that all goes well! Please keep us posted.

@toaljasa - amazing weight loss!!!

So what do you guys think of my new quilt! I have all 56 blocks made --- I just sewed 2 rows together to see how it will look. Trying to use up some of my scraps! And .... I am drinking 4 glasses of water while I am sewing :)

hekh3gjvykih.jpg

Love the quilt!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,820 Member
    Options
    @toaljasa , like @Bex953172 I'm going to complete this as well.

Are you struggling? I feel like I am because it's not happening as fast as I think it should.

Think back to when you were consistently losing weight. What were you doing then that you are not doing now? What has changed? - Consistently having the losses I seem to think I should be having I need to go back to 2012. I worked out 1 hour each day without fail. I used my Wii, a Gazelle, and a dvd that I got free in a box of Special K. I no longer have room in my house to exercise. We downsized to a tiny mobile home. The living room is the only room I have a tv and there isn't enough room for me to stretch out in there to do any Yoga or Pilates. I no longer have a Wii or a Gazelle. I have to leave the house for exercise now and I struggle with that.

Were you logging all of your food? - Yes and I still do that, even the bad days
    Were you determined to stay in the green? - Yes and I am doing that at least 90% of the time
    Did you do JFT's every day? - No, but I do now!
    Were you drinking 8 cups of water? - I'm not sure if I was consistently but except for this week have been since the beginning of April this time.
    Were you exercising daily? - Yes, now it's about 3-4 times per week
    Were you closing up the kitchen at a specified time? - No, this doesn't work for me, I have to allow for a snack in the evening so I don't feel deprived, but I account for it.
    Were you cutting up veggies and fruit and creating portion controlled snacks? - No, but I think I should do this
    Were you taking every bite captive? - No and I'm still not.
    Were you adamant in not having food in your house that would cause you to binge eat? - I only ever binge eat potato chips and coke, so they are not in my house. If I want them I have to go buy them.
    Were you journaling? - No
    Were you keeping a gratitude journal? No, but I am this time and I love it
    Were you involved in a program of some kind that helped keep you motivated? - My Dad was very judgmental about people when they gained weight, I had gained weight and was going to be seeing him for the first time in 3 years. I was bound and determined to lose weight so he wouldn't comment on it. I managed to lose about 25 pounds from April to August. I think that is why I'm finding it slow this time, I'm trying to make it not so much about losing "for something" but just losing to be healthier.
    Did you write down a plan and look at it several times a week? - No, but I am doing that this time.
    Were you purposeful? Focused? Determined? - Yes and I think I am this time as well.

What has changed??? I am trying this time to make changes that I can live with forever while still enjoying my life. I am not a big "foodie" type person, I am a very fussy eater that loves junk food. I am not a big sweet eater, I can go for months and months without wanting a cookie or chocolate. I want cheeseburgers, pop and chips. I am working on incorporating these sparingly into my diet while cooking healthier meals and eating more fruits and veggies as snacks. I would say I'm succeeding mostly. 14 pounds down since February, that is close to 5 pounds a month so close to on track of what I did in 2012 but in much more sustainable manner.

Thanks for sharing this, I think it's good that you made me think. It is truly appreciated.

Good luck to everyone!

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I had a NSV yesterday!
    I went to the shop because my partner wanted some chocolate bars. You get 3! For £1.20 so basically it works out that ones free!

Anyway, i passed them him and he asked if I wanted a bit, I said no. He then continued to wave it and put it near my face (hes such a wind up at times) but he knows me well because the more he pushed the more I said no.

I craved chocolate all night but didn’t have ANY!
    I did say he had to eat t all though and not leave any!

It sounds so small and irrelevant but it’s amazing how it can be a big achievement and a step in the right direction!
    Gained some self control yesterday :)

But that is not a small achievement---that's HUGE! Yes, you probably said no just to prove to him how you could dig in...but you were the one who had to say no to his initial offer. You could have easily said, "Oh, okay, one bite." But you didn't. And that is not only huge, because it was chocolate you get a double gold star!

Okay, so after reading your post, I asked Mr. Google what your issue might be, lol, and this is what he came up with: https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/sleep-obesity1.htm