JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    :( partners ordering a takeaway! Non for meee, glad I’ve worked a burger in for my dinner *sigh*

Someone cheer me up lol!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 DON'T DO IT!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE TAKEOUT! Lol. You have the power! You have the strength, the willpower and the motivation to with stand! Leave the room if you have to, go clean something!
  • acrylicfox
    acrylicfox Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it so hard to focus on my diet right now but can't stop thinking negative things about my weight whenever I catch sight of myself - so frustrating!

My goals for today:

Accept the loss of the ease and freedom to eat "whatever" in service to my goal to live a more enjoyable life.
    Sit with the knowledge that losing weight is necessary to my health, I won't just "give up"
    Remind myself that significant changes will take a long time, that habits grow slowly, that I can adjust

Log all food - stay green.
    eat what I want
    but avoid dairy, gluten,
    watch sugar and sodium
    remember to drink decaf coffee today
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Hm I'm hoping this doesn't come across as insensitive but you seem to know me well enough that I'm trying to help!
    I get that it must be very hard when your daughter has a mental health illness, and the stress it can bring must be so difficult at times. And I suppose as times gone on its just become harder and you've created a cast iron habit of eating junk when things go a bit pear shaped!

Big hugs! X

Not being insensitive Bex -- I feel like you are a friend. And ... you are SO right. I keep hoping she will get better, but we had 5 doctors tell her she will never get better. There is no cure for this ... only medication. So I have to learn not to expect too much from her --- and learn myself to stop trying to think I can fix this.

This evening was nice -- we do like our son's new girlfriend a lot. THey have been friends for a long time our son said ... she is also divorced. But they seem to care for each other a lot. SO ... as a mom ... I have to just trust our son's judgement, and let go. Same for my daughter. She did not come out... but that is her choice, and I guess if this girl will be in our son's life, she needs to know about his sister.

For what it's worth, Joan, my second husband is someone I was friends with for a long time before we started dating. It has been an amazing marriage! We already knew we liked each other as "people" because of our friendship. And I really feel like when you've been married for any amount of time, it's so very important that a couple LIKES each other. The passion of a new relationship can fade with time...so there really needs to be a base of friendship. Just my two-cents~ I give this advice to my kids and grandkids all the time. (((HUGS))) xoxo
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 DON'T DO IT!!! STAY AWAY FROM THE TAKEOUT! Lol. You have the power! You have the strength, the willpower and the motivation to with stand! Leave the room if you have to, go clean something!

:scream: too late!
    However I had two pieces and I have 200 cals left, still need to exercise yet so well within my calories!
    So all is good!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Just for today:

I go back to my original factory settings before dieting was a ever a thought in my head.

There are only choices and consequences.

I choose to remain free of fat blasting tricks, age defying metabolism secrets, turbo charged weight loss.

Just for today:

I will not jump on any dieting bandwagons or streetcars loaded with dieting desires.

I will remember that the sky is not the limit for opulent promises.

I will remember that you do not have to put the word 'just' in front of any of your accomplishments. 'I just' walked out my front door and went for a walk and I wasn't even going fast.

So get back out there today and blow the stink off. Stinkin' Thinkin'.

Remember only 30 minutes of daily walking and hiking takes years off within only 3 months. Going down the road at some speed above completely still will jack UP the production of myokines, proteins released by the muscle cells that will help keep your skin tightened up whilst you're releasing excess pounds.

Nothing looks finer than looking at your former hiner in the rearview mirror. I'll be thinking about all of you as I'm listening to my tunes and singing at the top of my lungs out there on the trail.

I LOVE your posts! So many true statements. Thank you for sharing them!
  • Michaela_LaGata
    Michaela_LaGata Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Just for today:

I go back to my original factory settings before dieting was a ever a thought in my head.

There are only choices and consequences.

I choose to remain free of fat blasting tricks, age defying metabolism secrets, turbo charged weight loss.

Just for today:

I will not jump on any dieting bandwagons or streetcars loaded with dieting desires.

I will remember that the sky is not the limit for opulent promises.

I will remember that you do not have to put the word 'just' in front of any of your accomplishments. 'I just' walked out my front door and went for a walk and I wasn't even going fast.

So get back out there today and blow the stink off. Stinkin' Thinkin'.

Remember only 30 minutes of daily walking and hiking takes years off within only 3 months. Going down the road at some speed above completely still will jack UP the production of myokines, proteins released by the muscle cells that will help keep your skin tightened up whilst you're releasing excess pounds.

Nothing looks finer than looking at your former hiner in the rearview mirror. I'll be thinking about all of you as I'm listening to my tunes and singing at the top of my lungs out there on the trail.

I LOVE your posts! So many true statements. Thank you for sharing them!

So poetic. Love it. Please post more.
    Hugs and encouragement to all

M.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Friday, 6/1
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. Drink 80+ oz of water :(50 oz...better than it used to be though!
    3. Reach my step goal :(Lot of desk time at work yesterday, and then I was just plain lazy when I got home. Will work on this today.
    4. Make bank deposit :)
    5. Be patient and kind. :)
    6. Try to separate from drama. Walk away from water cooler talk. :)
    7. Make a list of tasks for the weekend :)Updated my bullet journal for June and boy-oh-boy do I have a lot of tasks!
    8. Stop and pick up birthday cards for DH and GS, and a graduation card for GS :)
    9. Log on tomorrow. Be accountable. :)HERE I AM!
    10. Order ice cream cake for DH (OMG! THIS IS GOING TO KILL ME!) :)

I know I've been spotty getting on here the past month or so, and I feel like a terrible JFT friend because I haven't been here to cheer you on or send virtual hugs. But just know I think about you all every day and am praying for the best possible outcomes for everyone. I am also really loving seeing all the positive posts and quotes and achievements! I need them right now. Motivation is lacking but it's starting to creep back in, I can feel it...

Today will be a very big challenge both with food choices and mentally. We have our GS's 18th birthday and graduation party at my stepson's house. My DH's ex flew up for it. He despises her and it is always like sitting on a keg of dynamite when we are anywhere near her. Add that to the drama that is already going on in our family, my tendancy to eat when stressed and the fact it is my DH's birthday and we have DQ Ice Cream Cake in the house, I feel like I'm doomed for failure today.

@cschmitz110515 I had been wondering if the Farmer's Market started downtown! How exciting! What kind of things did they have this early in the season? Mostly flowers and bouquets? Yea! Love that it has started up again!

Just for Saturday
    1. Stay green
    2. WATER, WATER, WATER
    3. Reach Step Goal of 6000 today
    4. 15 minutes of activity on my FitBit today
    5. Try to remain patient and kind today in a stressful situation
    6. Be conscious of my food choices today
    7. Smile, even when I don't want to
    8. Use my alternative snack chart today whenever possible
    9. Work on my to-do list in my bullet journal (it's a doozy!)
    10. Be grateful for all our blessings, big and small
    11. Love my family well...
    12. Gratitude journal tonight
    13. Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts

Have a wonderful day, my friends!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 here is my list. Itll need some tweaking, but its a start!

3g29pllqxdwt.jpeg
  • Bex953172
    edited June 2018
    Options

3g29pllqxdwt.jpeg

Oooo I like how you’ve done it!
    So if you’re craving something salty you can pick something from that list!
    Very clever!

I must get some FF cottage cheese too!

LOL my chocolate fix is in protein shake form too!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

3g29pllqxdwt.jpeg

Very clever!

:wink: I like a good protein shake! LOL! They're filling and, well, they're chocolate flavored! :smile: What's not to love?

I just kind of threw that together last night. I plan to go back and look at yours and any others that get posted so I can tweak it and add more yummy things as alternatives. I need to also go to the grocery store and buy the things I listed or it will be just another useless list lying around my house collecting dust. :mrgreen:

I've been buying bags of frozen blueberries and mixing one cup of blueberries with 1/2 cup of FF cottage cheese and eating that when my DH grabs ice cream. Believe it or not, it satisfies me.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Idea for emotional eating.
    If I notice I'm in a mood and want to grab something and just scarf it down I try really hard to tailor what I eat to the mood.
    Anger... A large raw carrot, or two, that I can really crunch as an alternative to a bag of chips.
    Sadness.... Yogurt is just as creamy and satisfying as a tub of ice cream.
    Any other ideas?
  • Bex953172
    Options

3g29pllqxdwt.jpeg

Very clever!

:wink: I like a good protein shake! LOL! They're filling and, well, they're chocolate flavored! :smile: What's not to love?

I just kind of threw that together last night. I plan to go back and look at yours and any others that get posted so I can tweak it and add more yummy things as alternatives. I need to also go to the grocery store and buy the things I listed or it will be just another useless list lying around my house collecting dust. :mrgreen:

I've been buying bags of frozen blueberries and mixing one cup of blueberries with 1/2 cup of FF cottage cheese and eating that when my DH grabs ice cream. Believe it or not, it satisfies me.

Haha my one is called Choca-tella... can you guess what that is? That’s righhht! NUTELLA!
    It’s so so so yummy!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options

3g29pllqxdwt.jpeg

Very clever!

Have you ever had frozen blueberries? The are yummilicious and have a bit of a crunch to them ;)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »

3g29pllqxdwt.jpeg

Very clever!

Have you ever had frozen blueberries? The are yummilicious and have a bit of a crunch to them ;)

Oh do you eat them frozen?!

Yeah I have some but I put them in smoothies!