JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Today 6/2, I emotionally ate. I was tired and sad and instead of driving to the grocery store, I drove to the pizza place. I am not doing great on this month's challenge. However, this does not have to be a day long or a week long derail, this can be an aberration or a treat meal as long as I resume my plan right where I left off.

Wish me luck!

Also frozen blueberries are somehow sweeter than fresh. Frozen grapes are amazing too!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Options
    Today 6/2, I emotionally ate. I was tired and sad and instead of driving to the grocery store, I drove to the pizza place. I am not doing great on this month's challenge. However, this does not have to be a day long or a week long derail, this can be an aberration or a treat meal as long as I resume my plan right where I left off.

Wish me luck!

Also frozen blueberries are somehow sweeter than fresh. Frozen grapes are amazing too!

Well done for posting! You’re being accountable!
    It’s only day 2 of June and there’s 30/31 days so you got plenty of time to kick June’s butt!

Why were you feeling sad? Bad day?
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    I had a long talk with someone this week about my mom who passed away in 2011 and I was just missing her.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I had a long talk with someone this week about my mom who passed away in 2011 and I was just missing her.

Awh I’m sorry :( hope you’re feeling a bit better now!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Yes and no. I still feel fairly blue. But I have to say, having you ask did lift my spirits. <3 Thank you for listening.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

I am SO proud of you for posting. Like @Bex said ... there are 30 days in the month of June, so one day is not going to hurt. But you know what ... you recognized it, and realized what it was that made you want to eat. I am that way too ... I start to think of loved ones I lost, and without evening thinking, before I know it, I am eating junk stuff. I think just by forcing us to think about what is causing us to eat will help all of us.

Hugs to you ..... We are all here for you. <3

Oh ... and I LOVE frozen grapes! Its funny, as I am reading your list @Bex, and @O'Connells list, it reminds me of what I did before when I lost weight. How quickly we forgot what we did to be successful. I LOVE all these ideas. I just started writing out my list (I did this at 3am last nite when I could not sleep!). I will post it, but with all the ideas I am getting, my list is getting bigger and bigger!!

I am also writing up a list of things I can do to distract myself whenever I want to eat.

I love all you guys!!! This thread has the most awesome, supportive people, who have become such great online friends! Even though my weight has not changed yet this year ..... we have 7 months left in the yea!! And we are all so successful, in that we are all still trying!

• mytime6630
    Options
    Here is my list: Now a trip to the grocery store so I am prepared!

aozygn89uhhy.jpg
    vkzzl301l3lt.jpg
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Oopsies I did really well until my OH made me one too many pina coladas and now I’m pished and I’ve just devoured the cupboard

THE LEASON: DRINJING MAKES ME EAT!

Over and out!

Its only ONE day Bex!!

But this is so funny ... hubby wanted a margarita, so I filled our glasses with crushed ice, ready to pour a glass for both of us (we keep the kind on hand that is already mixed!). . Then I realized that if I drank a margarita ... I would probably have another one ... then get into potato chips, etc etc. So I poured him a glass .. and I an enjoyed a ice tea. Plus,I want to sew more tonite... and if I drink, all I am doing is ripping out seams!

But ... hope you enjoyed that pina colada!!!! Sometimes we just need a good drink ;)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,817 Member
    Options

I’ve had one of those weeks about my Dad. It never seems to get easier. Hugs to you.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Oopsies I did really well until my OH made me one too many pina coladas and now I’m pished and I’ve just devoured the cupboard

Over and out!

LOL it also affects your typing. Hope your head doesn’t hurt in the morning.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT, 6/2/18

1. Log ALL food :)Apparently I ate a lot, but I have 3 calories left! Lol. Looks like it's water for the rest of the night
    2. Pick up grocery order :)And I even drove a half an hour away to a different store to pick up the second half of the groceries too.
    4. Meal Prep :)I know spent a least two hours doing this, probably way more though.
    5. Make hair appt for DH :)Almost forgot but I did it! It's all set and it's with a barber that we go to church with. Matt really likes him. The place is pretty cheap too. Does quality work though.

Had a really great, relaxing day. My food victory for the day is that during all of the food prep I did, I didnt eat any of the chips and things! I like to portion things out like fruits, veggies, snacks and dips and things into single servings. Well, I didnt have a single chip or piece of trail mix! I had a few small servings of fruit. I did finish the last piece of pizza from last night but I dually recorded it. I'm actually incredibly proud of myself for this. I was home by myself all morning/early afternoon so I could have totally gotten away with eating anything I wanted. I knew, though, that I would feel absolutely terrible for the rest of the day. So I refrained.

I made turkey burgers for the first time ever. They were premade Butterball patties 93% lean. We had them with 1 slice of American cheese and a bit of ketchup on 100% whole grain buns. Holy Crow were they amazing! I took me like ten minutes to eat it because I wanted to savor it! It was effing amazing! I had a small salad with it. It is DEFINITELY something that I will be making again! There is one more patty left that I am going to hide from the DH and bring for lunch with me. I was smart while making though. There were four patties. I vie cooked 3 of them and as soon as I put those in the skillet, I put the last one in a container and put it in the fridge. I KNEW that if I made that last one I would have eaten. I'm really proud that I didnt!

I guess it's time to list my goals for tomorrow.

JFT, 6/3/18

1. Log ALL food
    2. Church
    3. Clean the bathroom!
    4. Buy movie tickets!
    5. Enjoy movie w/ DH and friends!

Good for you for all of your restraint today!
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Just caught up, everyone is exuding positivity - in good time and in bad you all inspire me! For me, the spring is the easiest to be positive and motivated. I just look at all the plants around me, focusing on getting lots of sun, good nutrients, and growing strong and think...just be like the plants!!! This weekends fresh air has been uplifting.

I can't find my post to recap. But I know I need to improve my medication @HGSmith0920 I liked your advice to carry them around for a while. Its been almost 2 years and I still struggle. And weekend water intake is not good. Food has been on track for the most part. I had a second helping of dinner tonight for the first time in a long time, I've been so hungry the past 3 days, but tonight I could have done without. I realized I hadn't stuffed myself to discomfort in a while and that is a win for me! Today I will continue to be postive!
  • mytime6630
    Options

Over and out!

HA HA --- I didn't even notice all the typos LOL!!! :D:D
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Laundry
    3. Drive Miss Thea back home
    4. Work
    5. Groceries
    6. Brush/floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Eugh morning everyone!

How embarrassing lol!
    Think I might do a little exercise this morning yo burn off last night! But we'll see. 4yo just woken me and it's 7am, Casey wasn't even awake!
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    @Bex953172 Amazing how much I can get out of a little stretching! Good for you...I don't have kids but I do have a rambunctious cat who always thinks that yoga = play time when I do it. She tries to join in by doing things like leaping unexpectedly on my back or "hunting" my mat/towel.

Just For Yesterday Wrap Up:

1) Adhere to meal plan :/ This was a bust.
    2) Hit protein and calcium goals :/ So was this.
    3) Drink 64 oz of pure water :smile: I fihished the last swallows at 1 am, but I'm taking the win.
    4) Physical therapy morning and evening :smile:
    5) Yoga routine :/
    6) Grocery shopping :/
    7) Aerobic routine :/
    8) No after dinner eating :smile:

So trying this again:

JUST For Today I will:

1) Adhere to meal plan
    2) Hit protein and calcium goals
    3) Drink 64 oz of pure water
    4) Physical therapy morning and evening
    5) Yoga routine
    6) Grocery shopping
    7) No after dinner eating
    8) Remember that I am in control of myself. I do not need to give into impulse, momentary weakness, temptation, sadness, boredom, or any other reason for eating other than hunger/fuel.