JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :)

Ive woken up in quite a good mood which is rare for the mornings for me. Hoping I can keep it up and not get in a grump

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Close kitchen 9pm!
    - Fill in paperwork and post.❗Priority❗
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Ive woken up in quite a good mood which is rare for the mornings for me. Hoping I can keep it up and not get in a grump

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Close kitchen 9pm!

@Bex953172 ...Good Morning💖 Hugs... Happy to see you're up in a good mood... Love it! Well I'm going to be a Hallmark movie watcher today as a treat for signing in all week...lol
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    I have a question... What does the letters "JFT" stand for? :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I have a question... What does the letters "JFT" stand for? :)

"Just For Today"

Oh and incase it hasn't been mentioned... On this thread the "woo" button is used in a positive way like "woohoo!" there was a debate over MFP if it was like I dunno a sarcastic woo given the expression in the icon but yeah over here it's woohoo!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    JFT, Friday
    1. April challenge -- 8+ cups of water :) 2 more cups to go ... but I can get that in before I go to bed
    2. May - 15 mins activity outside - go for a walk tonite. :) Hubby and I went for fish ... then just a short walk before I took my daughter out
    3. June - mindful eating/ avoid emotional eating :)
    4. July - pre-log main meals :)
    5. Aug - no late night snacking/ set kitchen closed time :) Had ONE fiber one bar ... and kitchen is now closes

JFT, Sat
    1. go to the gym
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups water
    3. may challenge - 15 min walk or better yet ... go for a bike ride!
    4. june challenge - mindful eating. Think before I eat!!
    5. july challenge - plan sundays meals. Breakfast and lunch are easy for me ... its dinner time where I get into trouble
    6. aug challenge , one snack, and close kitchen

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)

Yesss I see you had a good day! Told you I'd check up on you!
    Hope you're keeping up the hard work today!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,762 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday August 10
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 :( over by 184, had a really hungry day yesterday for some reason
    Outside 15 Minutes - :) a small walk at work to stay awake and day outside to read for a while in the evening
    Only one Evening Snack - :( no i was actually hungry though. Had a very light supper so I think that’s why
    Walk??? - not my 5k the smoke was too bad. Had burning eyes and headache from just sitting outside
    Write in Journal :( completely forgot

JFT - Saturday August 11
    2L of water
    Stay in Green by 150
    Outside 15 minutes
    Only one evening snack
    Clean
    Hopefully get a walk in

• Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Close kitchen 9pm!

@Bex953172 ...Good Morning💖 Hugs... Happy to see you're up in a good mood... Love it! Well I'm going to be a Hallmark movie watcher today as a treat for signing in all week...lol

I wish we had the Hallmark channel here. I love their movies when one happens to be aired. Sounds like s great treat!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Noon on Saturday- held the line yesterday even eating out on everything but sodium. I have been to one y water class and then messed around with kid to get in 25 more minutes in pool today. I weed ate a tiny bit of street edge for an old lady and then I have sat. 4 cups of water in-I just have to have ice to drink any large amount.
    I am going to do practically nothing this day--a bit down and so I am trying not to eat to pass time.

Plan for Sunday-- 1. Don't be late for church. 2. Toe the line on calories-vegetables, salad. 3. Drink lotsa water.
    4. Go to cemetery and talk to husband. 5. Take out trash. 6. Mend son's stuffed animals that the dog chewed.

Sorry to hear of those who are down--I go there too (well, I sort of live there) but things are bearable these days and I have to just sort of wade through. This just for today plan is very good for me as it is a manageable chunk. I will add in a bit to my prayers with you in mind.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Meds AM and PM :)
    3. Cook dinner at home!!! :)
    4. Be kind :)
    5. No spend Friday - Gas and 1 grocery item, but said no to a plethora of wants!
    6. Pack ALL WINTER in front hall :)
    7. Start putting together first night box >:)
    8. Dog walk :) the Forrest always clears my head

Jft Saturday
    1. Meds am pm
    2. Log all food
    3. Start packing 1st night box essentials
    4. Take a nap
    5. Be present and kind
    6. Drink 2 cups of water before dinner and 1 after

• Bex953172
    Options

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Close kitchen 9pm!✔️
    - Fill in paperwork and post.❗Priority❗✔️

Yay all completed!

Well I still have 2 glasses of water to have but I'll definitely have them before bed. I had to drink about 5 in an hour again lol! I've peed like 4 times, but Ive stuck to my goal!
    It's really boosting my mood getting back on track!

Tbh I started feeling nauseous every day and couldn't figure out what it was, (nope not pregnant again.. . I checked LOL) but I think it was too much thyroxine because I've reduced my dose today and haven't felt sick? Soooo maybe. So need to book a blood test and see where that's at!

I hope everyone's met their goals today!
    Just because it's weekend doesn't mean its any different! It's still 24 hours like any other day so treat it like any other day!
    We can do this!

Love to you all!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Close kitchen 9pm!✔️

Yay all completed!

Well I still have 2 glasses of water to have but I'll definitely have them before bed. I had to drink about 5 in an hour again lol! I've peed like 4 times, but Ive stuck to my goal!

Tbh I started feeling nauseous every day and couldn't figure out what it was, (nope not pregnant again.. . I checked LOL) but I think it was too much thyroxine because I've reduced my dose today and haven't felt sick? Soooo maybe. So need to book a blood test and see where that's at!

Just because it's weekend doesn't mean its any different! It's still 24 hours like any other day so treat it like any other day!
    We can do this!

Love to you all!

It’s nice to see you have a great day! I am being a slug today. My plans fell through with my daughter.
  • Bex953172
    Options

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Close kitchen 9pm!✔️

Yay all completed!

We can do this!

Love to you all!

It’s nice to see you have a great day! I am being a slug today. My plans fell through with my daughter.
    Awh no what a shame!
    Wish I could slug about today!
    But my partner wants to finish the painting upstairs!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options

JFT Saturday

- 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Close kitchen 9pm!✔️

Yay all completed!

We can do this!

Love to you all!

Awh no what a shame!
    Wish I could slug about today!
    But my partner wants to finish the painting upstairs!

Are you almost done the painting? I want to paint our bathroom, living room and need to touch up the hallway. I just don’t have the ambition to do it.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Today, was supposed to only be me and The Hallmark Channel... Didn't happen. Was going to exercise... Didn't happen. Was going to do mail... Didn't happen. At one point I even thought I might get a cup of coffee, but never did... Sooo, this was a bust.
    Oh, but I did have a visit from one of my nieces who's got a lot she was holding inside and she spent about an hour venting.
    Ok..it wasn't a bust... I was there to help her🙌🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Whew! Ok, I'm back! Oh boy!!☺
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday
    1. Proofread and submit essay. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea!
    2. Breakfast: omelet. Take lunch to park. Steps to 10k; aim for 12.
    3. Plan & prep lunches for week. Begin seminar proposal. Email Z for ideas/edits. Write L8 post.
    4. Call parents. Meet B for dinner?
    5. Write blog post. Comment on 3 posts. Download articles about retention/promotion.
    6. Prep lunch for tomorrow. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Monday
    1. AM run: 18 laps. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Take lunch.
    2. Breakfast: Sonic! Submit Week 3 lessons. Review semester plan.
    3. Begin grading summer essays. Call D to confirm appt. Contact office and set up absences.
    4. Call parents. Update class website. Grade and input homework and reflections.
    5. Meeting after school.
    6. 5:30 Zumba. Chop more celery. Meds. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    Today: 182.4

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Check blogroll and follow bloggers on Twitter.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week.
    3. Review semester plan. Monday - call D about 9/24 appt; rescheduled for 10/22 @9:20? Appt w McC 10/22 @10:15. Make sure sub is settled. Fill out paper and let office know it needs to be in system. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int.
    4. Grade summer essays.
    5. Email - no AWit.
    6. Write L8 post.
    7. Call parents. Update class websites.
    8. Check on conference; create seminar proposal.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Today, was supposed to only be me and The Hallmark Channel... Didn't happen. Was going to exercise... Didn't happen. Was going to do mail... Didn't happen. At one point I even thought I might get a cup of coffee, but never did... Sooo, this was a bust.
    Oh, but I did have a visit from one of my nieces who's got a lot she was holding inside and she spent about an hour venting.
    Ok..it wasn't a bust... I was there to help her🙌🙏🙏🙏🙏
    Whew! Ok, I'm back! Oh boy!!☺

Sounds like you were right where you needed to be.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Walk??? - not my 5k the smoke was too bad. Had burning eyes and headache from just sitting outside

Oh, all that smoke is potentially coming from my direction, :s My house smells like smoked food. At least it's cooled down a bit, we got 1mm of rain this afternoon. There was also a lot of thunder so hopefully no extra wildfires because that amount of water really wouldn't help.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Nice to see you here! Yes that smoke is coming from BC it’s raining very lightly here right now.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    A busy day today. Went to a gardening class .... so lots of new ideas! Then went and hauled 15 hugs bags of dirt (for my new flower bed), and went to the gym with hubby. Since he stays longer than I wanted to ... I walked home (a short 1 mile walk, but got my outside walking in!). Came home and worked in the flower bed again, now sewing. Our daughter is out here watching a movie, so a better day today. Plus @Bex .... I did better! Sounds like you had a good day also :) Here's to day 3!

JFT, Sat
    1. go to the gym :) Went to the gym with hubby, then walked home.
    2. april challenge - 8+ cups water :) Drinking a lot of water tonite so I don't eat!!!
    3. may challenge - 15 min walk or better yet ... go for a bike ride! :) Walked home from the gym
    4. june challenge - mindful eating. Think before I eat!! :)
    5. july challenge - plan sundays meals. Breakfast and lunch are easy for me ... its dinner time where I get into trouble :)
    6. aug challenge , one snack, and close kitchen :)

JFt, SUNDAY, Aug 12
    1. go to gym
    2. log all food
    3. april challenge - 8+ cups water
    4. may challenge - go outside for a walk (or maybe a bike ride, or work in the yard!)
    5. june challenge ... mindful eating. We are going out to eat tomorrow nite, so eat healthy during the day
    6. july challenge ... plan monday's dinner
    7. aug challenge ... one snack, close kitchen

August Challenge: Plan just ONE evening snack, then close the kitchen
    1: Evening snack was a hard boiled egg, kitchen closed at 9pm :)
    2: Planned on a HB egg, but had 1/4c. raisin bran and some milk. It is now 9:15 pm - so a little later, but only because I wanted to color my hair first! :)
    3: Was out late, and had a glass of wine at 10:00 -- hubby wanted popcorn, so I had a very small amount, but still ,that was at 10:30!!! >:):/ But ....... I still did not eat too much, just that the klondike bar was way more calories than I thought. Lesson ... look up calories FIRST!
    4 .. no evening snack, and did great all day :)
    5... Worrying about my daughter; emotional eating:) >:):/
    6 ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    7. ... emotional eating >:):/:/
    8. Just got home tonite ... so kitchen is closed :)
    9. got into chocolate covered almonds >:)
    10. Fiber one bar, and kitchen closed at 9 pm :)
    11. Had a fiber one bar, and REALLY want another one ... or popcorn ... or something! but, drinking my water, and no going into the kitchen :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options

Don't you feel so much better eating healthy and drinking water!!!!! Remember that feeling!