JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    @Faebert I sure hope your cold clears up soon!

@Snowflake1968 I had to laugh at your “workshop dog” comment. You are so perceptive! I came home from the store, and when I opened the garage door to put my car in, there he was sanding a project in his workshop area and guess who was laying by his feet?! Yep, Little Miss Maddie is now a workshop dog.

I meant to tell you also, I love the snowman ornaments!

Thanks everyone for the Christmas ideas! Lots of great ideas! ❤️
    @Faebert I sure hope your cold clears up soon!

@Snowflake1968 I had to laugh at your “workshop dog” comment. You are so perceptive! I came home from the store, and when I opened the garage door to put my car in, there he was sanding a project in his workshop area and guess who was laying by his feet?! Yep, Little Miss Maddie is now a workshop dog.

I meant to tell you also, I love the snowman ornaments!

Thanks everyone for the Christmas ideas! Lots of great ideas! ❤️

Ha ha that’s awesome!!!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY SISTERS...
    I did some exercise , but disappointed that I couldn't reach the 7K this week, my left knee is paining me something fierce today. Had to bite the bullet and only made it around that parking lot twice before I had to give in to the discomfort and get home before I did some serious damage. Only cleared under 5K today and cried because I truly want nothing to foil the progress I've made.
    JFThis Evening....
    Ice and elevate my knees putting ointment on the.
    Have A Great Weekemd

Mary, honey, I think 5k is great! I don’t think you “only got 5,000”....I think “wow! You got 5,000 today instead of skipping your walk like I was tempted to do”! One day of taking care of yourself will likely help you to continue moving forward rather than stop your progress! Remember, this is a lifestyle! We are making lifelong healthy habits. Now wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me! Ha!

@maryrobinson40 you should listen to this!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY SISTERS...
    I did some exercise , but disappointed that I couldn't reach the 7K this week, my left knee is paining me something fierce today. Had to bite the bullet and only made it around that parking lot twice before I had to give in to the discomfort and get home before I did some serious damage. Only cleared under 5K today and cried because I truly want nothing to foil the progress I've made.
    JFThis Evening....
    Ice and elevate my knees putting ointment on the.
    Have A Great Weekemd

Mary, honey, I think 5k is great! I don’t think you “only got 5,000”....I think “wow! You got 5,000 today instead of skipping your walk like I was tempted to do”! One day of taking care of yourself will likely help you to continue moving forward rather than stop your progress! Remember, this is a lifestyle! We are making lifelong healthy habits. Now wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me! Ha!

YES MA'AM!😀👌
    Hug in progress...lol…. Thanks Sis! Taking advice with thankfulness🌟
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @snowflake1968 great news on husband’s job! You must be really relieved. Happy for you x

@maryrobinson40 - you have been doing so well. You made the right call to stop and prevent further injury. These decisions are what will make this work long-term. If you push too hard and hurt yourself then you won’t be able to exercise at all. Give yourself a pat on the back for what was absolutely the healthiest decision!

@PackerFanInGB thank you! I’m fed up now as I don’t feel too rotten just my cough sounds horrific! Had to leave hot yoga last night just before the lying down (savasana) at the end because I didn’t think hacking up would be very calming for the rest of the class! Sadness, because that’s the best bit! ;) Sounds like Maddie is bringing you lots of joy - great to hear.

I don’t think I’m all caught up on everyone else yet but I’m thinking of you all x

So, on to my weekend goals. I’m not sure what today will involve. My sister will hopefully be discharged and if so I will go to help get her home as my mum is busy with her kids. If she is not discharged I will visit anyway. If my cough is still bad by that point I may buy a mask at the pharmacy. I will feel ridiculous but better safe than sorry.

My ex has the kids so the rest of the weekend is mine. I want to get in some activity - cold permitting - and do some work. But all will really depend on sis.

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Hot yoga at 8:30
    - The rest tbc...

Have a fabulous weekend everyone x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    So yesterday wasn't great, I didn't log, I didn't dring enough, I wasn't feeling myself all day, think I still hasn't caught up on sleep.

Going to try better today, min 6 glasses of water, be in the green and may even exercise!

Oct 1: N/A
    Oct 2: N/A
    Oct 3: ✔️
    Oct 4: ✔️
    Oct 5: ❎
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY - Friday 10/5/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT - Saturday 10/6/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Go for a ride and check out the beautiful Vermont foliage
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Lol is anyone actually doing the daily Mile challenge?
    We could change it if everyone would prefer something else?
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Off to Cyprus for a last bit of sun this year.

I won't be logging or posting but I will be thinking of you all!

Hope you have a good week and catch up when I get back - when hopefully I won't be too much heavier than I am now...

• Snowflake1968
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

I’m doing it. I think Mytime is doing it too.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Friday October 5
    2L of Water - 🙂
    Calories in Green by 150 😈😈 over by 500+
    Outside 15 Minutes - 😕
    Move Hourly at Work - 🙂
    Exercise for 30 Mintues -🙂
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Walk 1 Mile - 🙂 3 Miles
    Only 1 Evening Snack - 😈😈😈
    Write in Journal - 😕
    Stay focused - I wouldn’t say I did well with this yesterday

JFT - Saturday October 6
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Groceries
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Stay Focused!

Going to be a tough day to meet my goals I think because my cousin is coming to spend the day and possibly the night. Not sure what she has in her head to do.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    Faebert wrote: »
    @snowflake1968 great news on husband’s job! You must be really relieved. Happy for you x

@maryrobinson40 - you have been doing so well. You made the right call to stop and prevent further injury. These decisions are what will make this work long-term. If you push too hard and hurt yourself then you won’t be able to exercise at all. Give yourself a pat on the back for what was absolutely the healthiest decision!

@PackerFanInGB thank you! I’m fed up now as I don’t feel too rotten just my cough sounds horrific! Had to leave hot yoga last night just before the lying down (savasana) at the end because I didn’t think hacking up would be very calming for the rest of the class! Sadness, because that’s the best bit! ;) Sounds like Maddie is bringing you lots of joy - great to hear.

I don’t think I’m all caught up on everyone else yet but I’m thinking of you all x

So, on to my weekend goals. I’m not sure what today will involve. My sister will hopefully be discharged and if so I will go to help get her home as my mum is busy with her kids. If she is not discharged I will visit anyway. If my cough is still bad by that point I may buy a mask at the pharmacy. I will feel ridiculous but better safe than sorry.

My ex has the kids so the rest of the weekend is mine. I want to get in some activity - cold permitting - and do some work. But all will really depend on sis.

Saturday goals
    - morning workout
    - Hot yoga at 8:30
    - The rest tbc...

Have a fabulous weekend everyone x

I Love you girl💜
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

I reached a mile yesterday for the first time since surgery. I have been having to take it slow, working up to a mile per the therapist. So, I plan to continue walking a mile every day at the very least. :)

I hope you get some rest and feel better, Bexy! I'm pinning the layers of your quilt together today! then i start stitching to "quilt" it. I've never done this step before. I have always tied quilts off with yarn or ribbon instead, so cross your fingers I don't wreck it! LOL! I want to send you a pic of it soooo bad, but I won't because we both want it to be a surprise when it arrives at your house! :blush:
  • maryrobinson40
    Options
    Happy! Happy! Saturday! Hugs for EVERYONE!! Weeeeeeeeee💕💕
  • Bex953172
    Options

I reached a mile yesterday for the first time since surgery. I have been having to take it slow, working up to a mile per the therapist. So, I plan to continue walking a mile every day at the very least. :)

I hope you get some rest and feel better, Bexy! I'm pinning the layers of your quilt together today! then i start stitching to "quilt" it. I've never done this step before. I have always tied quilts off with yarn or ribbon instead, so cross your fingers I don't wreck it! LOL! I want to send you a pic of it soooo bad, but I won't because we both want it to be a surprise when it arrives at your house! :blush:

Omg I know I'm absolutely dying to see it! But I agree! It's gonna be much more exciting to keep it hidden from me!
    Have you shown Joan and others in a private message?

Ive actually asked my partner to get my crochet stuff out. I wanted to make you a little thank you gift in return. But unsure on what to make as of yet! Need to see what colours I've got and how much etc.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Friday
    Stick to my prejournaled foods :star:
    Drink 64+ oz water :frowning:
    Be kind and patient. :star:
    Walk Maddie x 2 :grey_question: Once but we went twice as far?
    Get early start on Christmas baking while cheering on Brewers this afternoon :wink: Got too relaxed watching the game and since I was the only one home, I just relaxed instead.
    Continue working on to-do and Christmas lists :smile:
    Spend 10 minutes decluttering :star:
    5 Freggies :wink: 3/5
    Gratitude Journal :star: / Simple Abundance :star: / Dodie Olsteen reading :star: / meditate or podcast :star:

Happy Saturday! I hopped on hoping to see what @cschmitz110515 bought at the farmer's market today! LOL! I live vicariously through you, Carmella!

I have lots I hope to accomplish today, so I'd better get going but will pop back on later!

@Faebert Hugs to you, and to your sister! Thinking of you both and praying for full recovery of sis.

Just for Today - Saturday:
    Food: Journal every bite / 5 freggies / mindful eating
    Hydrate: Half my body weight in water
    Body: Activity - Walk Maddie x2 / Hit 1+ mile during one walk / Shoot for 10,000 steps / PT exercises x2
    Mind (Self Care): Podcasts or Meditate / Bubble bath later
    Spirit: Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen reading / Gratitude journal
    To-Do List: Send note to adult kids for thoughts regarding Christmas gathering / Make one batch of Christmas cookies or bread / Run to JoAnn Fabrics for quilting hoop / Grocery store for chicken pot pie fixin's / Walgreens to pick up Rx's / Pin together quilt / Continue to declutter closet (donate clothes that no longer fit or I don't wear and only keep items that fit and I will wear, then make list of what I need to purchase in the right size)
    Bedtime: In bed by 9:00 p.m. and sleeping by 10:30 p.m.
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited October 2018
    Options

Omg I know I'm absolutely dying to see it! But I agree! It's gonna be much more exciting to keep it hidden from me!

Ive actually asked my partner to get my crochet stuff out. I wanted to make you a little thank you gift in return. But unsure on what to make as of yet! Need to see what colours I've got and how much etc.

I did! I sent pics to both Joan & bcTRAI's email accounts! Also my mom's. Joan and my mom both think you will love it and I was so excited to hear that. I just sent the pics to @bcTRAI email a few minutes ago so will hear back from her when she checks her email. :smiley:

You do not need to send me ANYTHING back! You have your hands full with 3 little ones! Just seeing a picture when you guys get it will make me smile as wide as my face! LOL! It's really cool because I think about you and the girls the whole time I work on it and it just makes my heart happy. I cannot WAIT to send it, and I'm really hoping I don't ruin it doing this next step since I've never done this part before! :relaxed:

Correction: @bcTRAI already wrote back and thinks you will love it too. :smiley: So excited!
  • Bex953172
    Options

I did! I sent pics to both Joan & bcTRAI's email accounts! Also my mom's. Joan and my mom both think you will love it and I was so excited to hear that. I just sent the pics to @bcTRAI email a few minutes ago so will hear back from her when she checks her email. :smiley:

You do not need to send me ANYTHING back! You have your hands full with 3 little ones! Just seeing a picture when you guys get it will make me smile as wide as my face! LOL! It's really cool because I think about you and the girls the whole time I work on it and it just makes my heart happy. I cannot WAIT to send it, and I'm really hoping I don't ruin it doing this next step since I've never done this part before! :relaxed:

Correction: @bcTRAI already wrote back and thinks you will love it too. :smiley: So excited!

Haha I know I don't need to! But I want to!
    Don't worry it won't be anything massive, maybe just a few small keepsakes :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JFT, Frid
    1. log all food :/ Yesterday was a crazy busy day .... cleaned out a storage unit we have, and discovered tons of Black carpenter ants!!! YUK!!!! So the project turned into an almost all day thing ... but we pulled back the insulation, sprayed like crazy, and hope we got rid of them.
    2. plan ahead :) Hubby is fighting a cold, so he wanted something warm, comforting food. So I made a yummy chicken casserole and baked custard. The best part .. is we have leftovers, so I don't have to cook tonite!
    3. concentrate on water :) I am So bad at drinking water, so last nite literally gulped down 6 glasses of water
    4. GO for a 1 mile walk - October challenge :/ Was so tired last nite ..... I layed down after dinner, and just had a lazy evening.

October CHALLENGE = 1 mile walk
    1. N/A
    2. N/A
    3. :) -- unless walking in the mall counts!
    4. >:)
    5. >:) But since I worked all day cleaning, hoping that will count??

JFT, Saturday
    1. go to the gym :) Already done! Ended up doing 90 minutes on the treadmill!I was almost finished, when a friend came in, so I planned to do just 15 minutes. Got to talking, and before I knew it, another 45 minutes. Love having friends to talk to while on the treadmill
    2. get out halloween stuff - grandsons will be here next weekend!!
    3. bake zucchinni and pumpkin bread
    4. go to the grocery store - get some pumpkins for grandsons to carve
    5. go and get a air mattress so we have enough beds!
    6. October challenge -- go out for a walk tonite!!!!
    7. Drink WATER!!!
    8. Mindful eating -- think before I BUY anything -- especially that crazy halloween candy!!

@AJB1014 - thanks for the info on the fish oil. I remember years ago hearing that fish oil was good, but I just could't get pass the fish taste. I did not know they made lemon flavored. And I hope you are feeling better!

@maryrobinson40 -- you are doing great in your exercising!! 5000 steps is awesome! And you are smart to not overdue it! Great job - so proud of you!

@Faebert - had to chuckle hearing about you buying dog food instead of cat food! Sounds like what I would do!

@Bex -- yes, I am doing the challenge!! Every nite I think of doing it, but so far, not doing so great ! But I really want to get back into the habit of walking in the evening. Its a great challenge.. thank you for starting it!!
    And ... yes... I saw the picture of the quilt!! You are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! I can't wait also until you receive it!! @PackerFanInGB did a beautiful job!!!

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options

I knew Bex will love it!!!! I am so excited also for when she gets it!! And you are experiencing also the joy in making a special gift for someone --- nothing can ever compare! So much love goes into something like this! I am digging out fabric today to make a quilt for my cousin, who was just diagnosed with cancer. So I want to find a pattern that will go together quickly. I am thinking of just a lap size - as people have told me that when getting chemo, its nice to have a quilt because they tend to get cold. She does live in florida though. SO now I have to scramble and get chemo hats made for her also. But Tracy, I am so proud of you for not giving up. The quilt is so beautiful, and it will look even more beautiful once you have it all finished!!!!