JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food :/ And I am so tired tonite .... so this won't get done
    2. preplan since I am eating out :) Ate a nice grilled chix salad and ONE glass of wine! But nice conversation
    3. concentrate on drinking water -- 8+ cups :/
    4. go to the gym :)
    5. try and walk when I get home tomorrow nite .... or... do 7 minutes of some kind of indoor exercise :/ It is close to 10pm, and given I had a hard time sleeping last nite, plan on going to bed early. So No challenge tonite.

October CHALLENGE = 1 mile walk
    1. N/A
    2. N/A
    3. :) -- unless walking in the mall counts!
    4. >:)

JFT, Frid
    1. log all food
    2. plan ahead
    3. concentrate on water
    4. GO for a 1 mile walk - October challenge

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @bex -- LOVE the darling pictures!! Thanks for sharing! Casey is getting so big .. and wow ... all that beautiful hair!! I especially loved the ones where she fell asleep mid=way. SO cute!

@Snowflake1968 -- I love the little tutu skirt! She looks like she is having a ball wearing it! The sparkes will go away .... the memories will last a lifetime! You are so fortunate living so close to your precious little grandchildren!

@toaljasa -- Thanks for the reminder of only 49 days left LOL!!! Boy, where did the year go! But .. you have done GREAT this year!! So proud of you! And you are always on here cheering us all on. Congrats on being in the 140s!!

@AJB1014 - what does Fish OIl do? I remember once I heard it was good for a person (but I can't remember why now!), but I just could not get used to taking it. I hated the taste of even the pills.

@maryrobinson40 - I love the list of songs you use when you exercise! Gee ... I've got to get something to listen music to while exercising! So far now I just talk to friends, but I remember when I would go walking, and loved listening to the songs! Do you have a IPOD, or what do you use? I used to have a "walkman" years ago. Great job though in getting used to exercise. I think that is what has helped me a lot this year.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM gen run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 11. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Write discussion responses. VERY IMPORTANT: GRADING LIST!
    3. Class 2-3: POETRY INTRO. Linking verb practice (2 - new sentences; 3 - fix old, add new). Conference on analysis reports? If time, Kahoot. Set up desks in groups of 4.
    4. Class 4: Essay Revisions // PRINT. Done early? Practice speaking. // Plurals and Possessive practice for Friday after speeches.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft essay.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22. MUST TURN IN FAILURE REPORTS.
    7. !!QUIZ!! LEAVE FOR THEATER BY 5:00. Take some grading along. Draft essay.
    8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Prep oatmeal for breakfast. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50. Save #engchat for Monday JFT!

JFT Friday
    1. AM gen run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. ESSAY. QUIZ. Finish Week 11 reg; draft week 12-13. Write blog post. Put research lessons in unit format.
    3. Class 2-3: Topic vs Theme in poetry; finding examples.
    4. Class 4: Speeches. // Plurals and possessives.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Grade Character Analysis; CONFERENCES. Add blog to signature.
    7. Groceries. Pay for masters course. WRITE BLOG POST. Update iTunes and check playlists.
    8. Prep Sat lunch/dinner. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 10:45; devices off by 11:00.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 184

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    JFT 10-4-18

1. Up at 6😅630
    2. Coffee/lunch/meditate/pray😀
    3. Write in notebook😀 Did this off and on while at work
    4. Work 815-515😀
    5. D's after work😀
    6. Eat sensibly/portion control😀 We had beef and venison stew! So so so yummy! Only had one bowl though! Really proud of herself
    7. Have fun! 😀
    8. Home by 830😀
    9. Bed prep by 10😅
    10. Lights off my 1030😅 Closer to 11 I think. Lol

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    Options
    @josephinebowman Wishing you a very happy birthday! Love and hugs coming at you! <3:smiley:

@toaljasa Thanks so much for sharing Barbossa ~ that made me laugh! And, yes, that's how I felt the other day! :wink:
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY - Thursday 10/4/18
    1) Log all my food for the day :)
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories :)
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke :)
    4) Go to the gym :)
    5) Work on orders from my shop :)

JFT - Friday 10/5/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    @AJB1014 - What does the fish oil do for you? I'm not up on supplements and such.

@Bex953172 - I hope you had a better sleep last night.

@maryrobinson40 - Isn't it amazing what music will make us do or not do? I use Map My Walk when and it plays the music that is on my phone for me. I find if I skip the slow songs my pace is close to a minute faster. I really boogie along when Footloose (Kenny Loggins, not Blake Shelton's) comes on. I really need to create a playlist of just fast ones for working out.

@mytime6630 - I am so very blessed to live close to my grandchildren and to get to spend so much time with them. I had a very close relationship with my grandparents growing up and have many treasured memories of time spent with them. I will always regret that we moved so far away and my girls didn't have that with mine and my husband's parents. I feel like my girls were robbed of a very important piece of their history. This daughter will always be near me us I believe. My youngest that is getting married next year, I fear I won't have as near for her whole life.
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Thanks for the pics of your kids. Adorable!

@Snowflake1968 "Mom, it looks like you have hosted an exotic dancer convention"! THAT MADE ME LAUGH!

@cschmitz110515 "Ending up juggling work on 5 (!) projects" Made me think of this!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2MsyC9cLEg

@maryrobinson40 How are you doing getting your exercising going? You were going great guns!

Exercise for me has gotten to be addictive... Lol…. I actually look forward to it now. Especially the music I'm choosing to do it by. The old fun songs...
    THE"HAPPY" song puts a smile on my face...it has good tempo change to rev up my heart rate...cooling down to, "DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY" keeps me from being too hard on myself and enjoy the workout more. Bruno Mars "UPTOWN FUNK" adds pop when I'm doing low impact.along with many others, not only takes my mind off the time, it also PEPs me UP and gives me joy, so it doesn't really feel like a dreaded something to do, but a refreshing want to and can't get enough feeling happens in me.
    LMBO😂 I think I'm beginning to channel my inner child... HOTDOG!!!

I read some crazy statistic that our bodies require 7% less oxygen during exercise when we listen to music! And I'm a strong believer that a child like sense of wonder is a healthy thing! Way to go Mary!!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    @mytime6630 and @Snowflake1968 I'm taking the fish oil specifically for lowering triglycerides - I have routine bloodwork done because I have PCOS. About 2 months into my weight loss my triglycerides spiked CRAZY high - I'm talking in the 500's! They've never been that bad before - but I read that weight loss can mess up cholesterol tests so I'm hoping for better news come January. It's also helped with joint pain. The liquid actually gives me way less fish burps/negative side affects believe it or not. It's lemon flavored to mask the fishyness.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    @mytime6630 and @Snowflake1968 I'm taking the fish oil specifically for lowering triglycerides - I have routine bloodwork done because I have PCOS. About 2 months into my weight loss my triglycerides spiked CRAZY high - I'm talking in the 500's! They've never been that bad before - but I read that weight loss can mess up cholesterol tests so I'm hoping for better news come January. It's also helped with joint pain. The liquid actually gives me way less fish burps/negative side affects believe it or not. It's lemon flavored to mask the fishyness.

Interesting, thanks for the information!
  • AJB1014
    Options
    JFT
    1. 5 Waters at work :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Relax tonight, like really relax - steam shower to flush out this tickle in my throat hopefully :) This steam shower is the only thing keeping this cold from settling in my chest - I'm beyond grateful we actually have a steam shower and I've upgraded from the days of standing over the sink with a towel over my head! :D Knock on wood we stay healthy!
    4. Cook dinner at home :)
    5. Dog walk to mailbox >:) Stopped at the ski swap on the way home and got home late.
    6. Early to bed, early to rise. :) / >:)

JFT
    1. 4 waters at work
    2. Log all food
    3. Cook dinner at home - steak needs to be cooked
    4. Steam
    5. Meds AM and PM
    6. Fish oil after dinner!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    Options
    Recap R 10/4 ~ Huge temp drop & windy when alarm went off 5:30 so decided on rest day & reset alarm = sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 6,864 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 27 floors ~ little more sedentary than I'd like :|
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 12c water = Did great all day through supper, then had snap pea crisp snack attack after choir. Net calories -221 :s , sodium green (really?), sugar -36, fiber & protein excellent & 12c water :smiley:
    3) Evening: boil eggs :smiley: / check hummingbird feeder & refill if necessary :smiley: boiled syrup & refilled / choir :smiley: / Walgreens on way home after choir :smiley: remembered Cold-Eeze too & ready for winter / more to-do's? nope :p
    4) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley:(walk dog F before work)

JFT F 10/5 ~ When alarm went off, I checked my phone for weather & looked outside ~ we could get walk in so got all gear on: dog's LED collar, harness, blaze orange vest & leash, my LED vest, high vis hat & headlamp. Tech gloves on, MapMyWalk app ready to start tracking & stepped out front door at 5:58 ~ rain just started again! Sorry, dog, back inside and everything off = sad doggy! :'(
    1) Debated laying down for quick nap but NO! I went to the basement and worked out on weight machine & did my little home version of circuit training. :smiley: A sign of days to come. :#
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Meals & snacks planned / need to prelog / net calories green / 12c water
    4) Evening: bank on way home (cash for farmers market & other needs) / make stuffed peppers for supper / take care of flagged emails / decide on grad pics & email choices to SIL / any other to-do's are bonus!
    5) Unplug 10:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 (farmers market, birdseed pick-up & craft sale Sat. a.m.)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    My Thursday goals are:
    • JOurnal every bite :)
    • Drink 64+ oz of water :(
    • 5 freggies :)
    • Step Goal 10,000 :(
    • Bedtime 10:00 :) / Gratitude journal :) / Simple Abunance :) / Dodie Olsteen book :) / meditate :)
    • Attach Bex's quilt to batting and back and pin. :)Started working on this.
    • Take walk around block x2 ;)Didn't make it. My hip was bothering me, so I walked around the yard with Maddie. Actually got in quite a few steps just doing that repeatedly.
    • Finish working on to-do list. ;)Didn't actually "finish" it, but did add to it.

Happy Friday, MFP JFTers! Boy am I ever discombobulated today. Missed my PT appointment thinking it is Thursday instead of Friday. PT called asking if I was okay since I missed and it was a real "oops" moment! They had me come in for a later time so that was good! Pretty sore right now. Stuff is getting a little harder, but it's all good!

It's a really dreary day. Chilly and wet. Maddie keeps looking at me wondering when the heck we are going for a walk! I need to get off my butt and take her, but I'm just exhausted today. She has been waking me up to go potty every night around 4:00 a.m. and then I have difficulty getting back to sleep. Trying my best to turn that around, but so far it seems to be her internal clock. She sure is a sweetie pie though. She has even impressed my hubby with her sweet gentle nature. He won't admit it, but I caught him laying on the livingroom floor petting her earlier... (Go Maddie!!!)

I will have to pop back on later but for now I'm going to post a few goals.

Just for Friday
    Stick to my prejournaled foods
    Drink 64+ oz water
    Be kind and patient.
    Walk Maddie x 2
    Get early start on Christmas baking while cheering on Brewers this afternoon
    Continue working on to-do and Christmas lists
    Spend 10 minutes decluttering
    5 Freggies
    Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen reading / meditate or podcast

• Snowflake1968
    Options
    She has even impressed my hubby with her sweet gentle nature. He won't admit it, but I caught him laying on the livingroom floor petting her earlier... (Go Maddie!!!)

Gratitude Journal / Simple Abundance / Dodie Olsteen reading / meditate or podcast

I bet Maddie has him won over by the time you go back to work. She'll be his shop dog during the day any your snuggle buddy in the evenings. She'll be living the life of Ryley! (Not sure who Ryley is, or where that expression came from, but I've always liked it)
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @bex -- LOVE the darling pictures!! Thanks for sharing! Casey is getting so big .. and wow ... all that beautiful hair!! I especially loved the ones where she fell asleep mid=way. SO cute!

@Snowflake1968 -- I love the little tutu skirt! She looks like she is having a ball wearing it! The sparkes will go away .... the memories will last a lifetime! You are so fortunate living so close to your precious little grandchildren!

@toaljasa -- Thanks for the reminder of only 49 days left LOL!!! Boy, where did the year go! But .. you have done GREAT this year!! So proud of you! And you are always on here cheering us all on. Congrats on being in the 140s!!

@AJB1014 - what does Fish OIl do? I remember once I heard it was good for a person (but I can't remember why now!), but I just could not get used to taking it. I hated the taste of even the pills.

@maryrobinson40 - I love the list of songs you use when you exercise! Gee ... I've got to get something to listen music to while exercising! So far now I just talk to friends, but I remember when I would go walking, and loved listening to the songs! Do you have a IPOD, or what do you use? I used to have a "walkman" years ago. Great job though in getting used to exercise. I think that is what has helped me a lot this year.

I don't have a cell phone now... I use my SMART TV... YOUTUBE and put the kitchen timer on and go for it!! Always ways to improvise. I even play games with my great nieces while we're waiting for the school bus. Simon Says, If You're Happy And You Know It.. And when I drive my daughters or someone anywhere.. I don't sit in the car and wait for them any more. Instead, I get out and walk the parking lot to get my steps in.
    Love you🌹
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh this evening when I realised I am so tired I accidentally bought dog food instead of cat food (haven’t had a dog since the age of 10!). I woke up before 3am today and my mind was immediately whirling so I got up. But my cold has developed into a horrible sounding and plain irritating cough so I had to abandon my workout. BUT I then used the time to do some work and life admin so not a complete waste!

Friday goals
    - morning workout ❎ started but had massive coughing fit and had to stop!
    - Pack slim rice and noodles to take to colleague ✅
    - Buy oatcakes on way to school ✅
    - Print and trim for next week ✅
    - Collect car at lunchtime ✅
    - Hot yoga after work ✅
    - Pack girls for weekend with their dad and wash their hair ✅
    - sleep!! ✅ I’m on my way now!

Happy Friday all! Will post some weekend goals tomorrow morning. X
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY SISTERS...
    I did some exercise , but disappointed that I couldn't reach the 7K this week, my left knee is paining me something fierce today. Had to bite the bullet and only made it around that parking lot twice before I had to give in to the discomfort and get home before I did some serious damage. Only cleared under 5K today and cried because I truly want nothing to foil the progress I've made.
    JFThis Evening....
    Ice and elevate my knees putting ointment on the.
    Have A Great Weekemd
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    HAPPY FRIDAY SISTERS...
    I did some exercise , but disappointed that I couldn't reach the 7K this week, my left knee is paining me something fierce today. Had to bite the bullet and only made it around that parking lot twice before I had to give in to the discomfort and get home before I did some serious damage. Only cleared under 5K today and cried because I truly want nothing to foil the progress I've made.
    JFThis Evening....
    Ice and elevate my knees putting ointment on the.
    Have A Great Weekemd

Mary, honey, I think 5k is great! I don’t think you “only got 5,000”....I think “wow! You got 5,000 today instead of skipping your walk like I was tempted to do”! One day of taking care of yourself will likely help you to continue moving forward rather than stop your progress! Remember, this is a lifestyle! We are making lifelong healthy habits. Now wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a hug from me! Ha!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Faebert I sure hope your cold clears up soon!

@Snowflake1968 I had to laugh at your “workshop dog” comment. You are so perceptive! I came home from the store, and when I opened the garage door to put my car in, there he was sanding a project in his workshop area and guess who was laying by his feet?! Yep, Little Miss Maddie is now a workshop dog.

I meant to tell you also, I love the snowman ornaments!

Thanks everyone for the Christmas ideas! Lots of great ideas! ❤️