JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Awh Mary Big hugs!!!
    You didn't say anything bad! I read it exactly as you meant it!

You truly are the most positive, kindest person I've ever "met"!
    We all love you!

100% agree. You found just the right words for @maryrobinson40. You always find the right words :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    A really terrible day at work yesterday. Lots of pressure and difficult meetings with colleagues behaving aggressively and ganging up on me. As a result, slept dreadfully as could not stop having angry thoughts and conversations in my head.

Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile: I had to change the food plan as I left my portable dinner at work accidentally. But I made sensible switches and stayed within the green
    - Eat slowly and mindfully :/
    - Be in the green :/
    - 3+ bottles water :neutral: I think so but hard to tell as some was not from the bottle so am estimating volume
    - No alcohol :smile:

- Duolingo, French podcast, French book :/ 1/3
    - Finish work at 5pm :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile: I really, really struggled to think of three things though (ended up putting you ladies as one of them!)
    - Lights out by 11 :/ Needed longer to wind down, much good that did me...

I'm now exhausted, still angry and have a tough day ahead of me but am going to try to stay calm, push through, and look after myself.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Eat slowly and mindfully
    - Be in the green
    - 3+ bottles water
    - Run to work
    - No alcohol

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Duolingo and French book
    - Finish at 6.30 pm latest
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Yesterday has made me realise that I cannot keep working with these people much longer. Whilst lots of people in my company are lovely, unfortunately I work in the area of the business where there are some really difficult, underhanded/bullying people who have been allowed to get away with negative behaviour unchallenged and where there is a negative, toxic culture.

My organisation is actually undergoing a merger/ restructure in three months and I am hoping that the restructure will sort out many of these issues - it will remove some ineffective leaders (who haven't challenged these people), provide greater clarity around who has authority over what, and potentially take power away from some of the toxic individuals. From the looks of the structure so far, it might also present some career opportunities for me, in terms of evolving my role slightly but also in terms of potentially working with some different people rather than always with these toxic personalities.

That's the dream. But, it might not happen. Toxic personalities seem to be good at clinging onto power. They find ways of making themselves invaluable to whoever has power and then build their own power base. And I may not get a choice about my role - it hasn't been made clear yet whether we will get to apply for roles or whether it will just be decided what our roles are.

If nothing improves, I will be off, regardless of whether or not I have a job offer. Whilst I agree with @Snowflake9046 that it's easier to get a new job if you already have one, there is a limit to what I am willing to put my mental health (and consequently physical health) through.

I'll give it till Jan 31....

I think you are making the right decision, you can't be bullied at work. I hope your day is much better than yesterday and I hope that things work out well for you. You must enjoy the actual work you are doing or you wouldn't put up with the bad behaviour of others for as long as you have.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    @mytime6630 and everyone else!
    Here's two funny pics, both times she fell asleep half way through doing something

c1h9ueyn6vgf.jpg
    riyy9df3u57y.jpg
    t9xc6mvo4ual.jpg
    dwv4cqzxsnlb.jpg

They are adorable!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,520 Member
    Options
    Recap W 10/3
    1) Breath in, breath out ~ tackle one mess at a time & things will work out = Ending up juggling work on 5 (!) projects, including board work for my professional association. So happy when workday ended! :D
    2) Walked dog before work ~ details later = 3.69 mi 1:04:13 / forgot to stretch / happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work ~ especially today = Fitbit 15,190 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 boom! & 46 floors :smiley:
    4) Leftovers day: usual meals & snacks, just to find time to log / net calories green / 12c water = Nutso at work & never had time for any snacks! Net calories & sodium green (yay), sugar -9, fiber ok, protein good & 13c water :smiley:
    5) Evening to-do list = So tired & not much but managed to refill bird feeders, empty kitchen compost bucket, recharge LED vest/dog collar/headlamp, and digital declutter :smiley:
    6) Unplug 9:00 :/ 9:30 / floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / bed & TV off 10:15 :smiley: 9:45 :o(walk dog R before work)

JFT R 10/4 ~ Huge temp drop & windy when alarm went off 5:30 so decided on rest day & reset alarm = sad dog
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 12c water
    3) Evening: boil eggs / check hummingbird feeder & refill if necessary / choir / Walgreens on way home after choir / more to-do's?
    4) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog F before work)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday October 3
    2L of Water - :)
    Calories in Green by 150 - >:) In red by 218
    Outside 15 Minutes - >:)
    Move Hourly at Work - :) - Walked 5 miles - 15 minutes at time!
    Exercise for 30 Minutes - :/ I didn't because my toe was so swollen and sore I could barely walk.
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 4/5
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :D Oh boy, I need to not imbibe with hubby. It always gives me the munchies.
    Write in Journal - :)
    Stay focused on weight loss journey! - :)

JFT - Thursday October 4
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    Outside 15 Minutes
    Move Hourly at Work
    Exercise for 30 Minutes
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Walk 1 Mile - will depend on toe!
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Write in Journal
    Stay focused on weight loss journey!

The Grands came to visit for their regular Wednesday night last night. I wasn't sure that they would with Michaela having her surgery yesterday. You wouldn't know she had anything done to her at all, except for the band aid where the IV was and all of the stickers she had on her arms. Her only restrictions is not to have acidic food for a couple days as it may sting and yesterday she wasn't supposed to spin. This is a hard restriction for a 2 year old that believes she is Odette. She practiced her moves without spinning last night though and I had to take this picture of her.d8wn5g33ajdc.jpg
    We bought her this little tutu at the dollar store on Sunday. The sparkles come off everywhere! My daughter describes it best. "Mom, it looks like you have hosted an exotic dancer convention"!

Tonight I am meeting my Grand's other grandmother and we are doing some kind of exercise class. I hope my toe can stand it. Still don't really remember hitting it hard enough to break it, but pretty sure it is. It's starting to bruise now as well.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JFT - Tuesday October 2
    "I think my conscience is a cricket and it's gone quiet"! I don't think he will hit anymore, he told me he doesn't want to be the class bully, he wants to be the class clown one day. Oh I love his little mind.

Michaela had to have her lip tie cut, it was big and causing serious issues with her teeth and possible some of her speech. I was very nervous because she was being put under. I have heard from Lauryn though and everything is fine. She was taken in at 729 and was back in recovery and awake at 751. When she woke up she told the nurse she was hungry and had a good nap. She looks pretty happy!

j75adttstphi.jpg

I started off my day by realizing I have nothing in the house for a child's lunchbox anymore. So Jonah was quite happy to go get a lunchable for lunch, I did have snacks for him to take. We then went and had breakfast at McDonald's he was quite impressed. This has put me way behind on my calories for the day though...

I think I may have broken a toe on my left foot, I don't remember doing anything to it, but man it's hurting for the last 2-3 days and it's not getting any better. I'm still exercising through it, but trying to decide if I should have it seen or exactly what to do.

When our youngest was a little tike he was having an uproariously rebellious day. I asked him where the sweet Sam was. He replied, "That Sam is gone forever!"

Our third born was tongue-tied. I about came unglued when I saw him bound in a papoose board. Oh my word. But I'm glad we had it done---

It sounds like you are having some good-feeling and productive days. Your snowmen are very cute---hope you sell lots of them!

• toaljasa
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thanks for the pics of your kids. Adorable!

@Snowflake1968 "Mom, it looks like you have hosted an exotic dancer convention"! THAT MADE ME LAUGH!

@cschmitz110515 "Ending up juggling work on 5 (!) projects" Made me think of this!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2MsyC9cLEg

@maryrobinson40 How are you doing getting your exercising going? You were going great guns!
  • dwebbqt25
    dwebbqt25 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! Weight loss is my new high! I am looking for friends to be motivational and encouraging! Add me!
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    JFT - Tuesday October 2
    "I think my conscience is a cricket and it's gone quiet"! I don't think he will hit anymore, he told me he doesn't want to be the class bully, he wants to be the class clown one day. Oh I love his little mind.

Michaela had to have her lip tie cut, it was big and causing serious issues with her teeth and possible some of her speech. I was very nervous because she was being put under. I have heard from Lauryn though and everything is fine. She was taken in at 729 and was back in recovery and awake at 751. When she woke up she told the nurse she was hungry and had a good nap. She looks pretty happy!

j75adttstphi.jpg

I started off my day by realizing I have nothing in the house for a child's lunchbox anymore. So Jonah was quite happy to go get a lunchable for lunch, I did have snacks for him to take. We then went and had breakfast at McDonald's he was quite impressed. This has put me way behind on my calories for the day though...

I think I may have broken a toe on my left foot, I don't remember doing anything to it, but man it's hurting for the last 2-3 days and it's not getting any better. I'm still exercising through it, but trying to decide if I should have it seen or exactly what to do.

When our youngest was a little tike he was having an uproariously rebellious day. I asked him where the sweet Sam was. He replied, "That Sam is gone forever!"

Our third born was tongue-tied. I about came unglued when I saw him bound in a papoose board. Oh my word. But I'm glad we had it done---

It sounds like you are having some good-feeling and productive days. Your snowmen are very cute---hope you sell lots of them!

I was fortunate to not have to deal with surgeries in my own girls until my youngest was 11. I will never forget watching her be put to sleep! I couldn't do it again.

We sold close to 100 of those little snowmen last year. I am hoping they sell as well this year. I need to get busy getting more of them made LOL I am hoping to get lots of sanding done this weekend and then start painting and such.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    For those of you who are focusing on losing weight and firming up your habits by Thanksgiving:

There are

gasdfqakb11q.png

I have finally and thankfully seen the scale moving again!
    I was at 178 January,
    151-153 for many recent weeks,
    and I am now at 149!
    I haven't been in the 40's club since 2005 and it was very fleeting. My mini-goal is 145 by Nov. 16.

JFT:
    Drink 6 or more cups water/hot tea
    Exercise/weights
    Log my food
    Online study
    Practice thankfulness and gratefulness

Peace and joy, everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options

Just for Wednesday:
    Journal every bite :)
    64+ oz water :)
    Put thought into my meals/snacks :)
    Eat mindfully, sitting down :/
    5 freggies :/ 3/5
    Step goal: 10,000 steps :/ 7,000

Continue working on Christmas list :)
    Finish making to-do list :/
    Email work with return date :)
    Find out if there is anything immediate I need to get done there - annual eval? :)

Happy Friday Eve!

I have been trying to send pictures of the quilt top through private messaging to @mytime6630 and @bcTRAI but I don't see anywhere to attach a pic! Dang! I know it has a bunch of mistakes, but it looks like you will be getting it with mistakes and all, @Bex953172 !!! LOL! :mrgreen: It's definitely a "Grandma Tracie Original" as my kids call my quilts.

Well, heading out to get my hair colored (code for "gray covered").

My goals are to:
    • JOurnal every bite
    • Drink 64+ oz of water
    • 5 freggies
    • Step Goal 10,000
    • Bedtime 10:00 / Gratitude journal / Simple Abunance / Dodie Olsteen book / meditate
    • Attach Bex's quilt to batting and back and pin.
    • Take walk around block x2
    • Finish working on to-do list.

Have a good day!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options

Just for Wednesday:
    Journal every bite :)
    64+ oz water :)
    Put thought into my meals/snacks :)
    Eat mindfully, sitting down :/
    5 freggies :/ 3/5
    Step goal: 10,000 steps :/ 7,000

Continue working on Christmas list :)
    Finish making to-do list :/
    Email work with return date :)
    Find out if there is anything immediate I need to get done there - annual eval? :)

Happy Friday Eve!

I have been trying to send pictures of the quilt top through private messaging to @mytime6630 and @bcTRAI but I don't see anywhere to attach a pic! Dang! I know it has a bunch of mistakes, but it looks like you will be getting it with mistakes and all, @Bex953172 !!! LOL! :mrgreen: It's definitely a "Grandma Tracie Original" as my kids call my quilts.

Well, heading out to get my hair colored (code for "gray covered").

My goals are to:
    • JOurnal every bite
    • Drink 64+ oz of water
    • 5 freggies
    • Step Goal 10,000
    • Bedtime 10:00 / Gratitude journal / Simple Abunance / Dodie Olsteen book / meditate
    • Attach Bex's quilt to batting and back and pin.
    • Take walk around block x2
    • Finish working on to-do list.

Have a good day!

Oooo im so excited! I'm gonna love it for all the hard work it's took!
    And Caseys not gonna mind! Put it this way, Marley has a manky old blanket that she's chewed the hell out of one corner. And the corner always just stinks even after a wash (or two) it still just smells like her breath LOL but she loves it. And it's gross.

Plus, I don't know how to quilt nor do I have the equipment to!
    It's like me crocheting you something. Might be naff but because you can't do it it makes it special :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    For those of you who are focusing on losing weight and firming up your habits by Thanksgiving:

There are

gasdfqakb11q.png

I have finally and thankfully seen the scale moving again!
    I was at 178 January,
    151-153 for many recent weeks,
    and I am now at 149!
    I haven't been in the 40's club since 2005 and it was very fleeting. My mini-goal is 145 by Nov. 16.

JFT:
    Drink 6 or more cups water/hot tea
    Exercise/weights
    Log my food
    Online study
    Practice thankfulness and gratefulness

Peace and joy, everyone!

I hate those long weeks of no real movement. Thanksgiving is this weekend here. I need to go back and look at what I was at on the day you suggested this 8 lbs by Thanksgiving.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday 10/4/18
    1) Log all my food for the day
    2) Stay "in the green" with my calories
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water before having Diet Coke
    4) Go to the gym
    5) Work on orders from my shop
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 how adorable are those babes?! Casey has got so big. Really makes you realise how quickly time is passing!

Am going to have to post and run as an early night is my priority for today. Will catch up more in the morning. But I’ve had an ok day. Oldest is still poorly but I’m hoping we all manage a good night’s sleep.

Thursday goals
    - morning workout ✅
    - Go to work early to prep for workshop. Meet parent at 9:30. ✅
    - Drink 2ltr water - concentrate on drinking not snacking during planning time ❎
    - Finish observation lesson plan and resources ✅
    - Finish class assembly script. ❎Start making video? ✅
    - Daily mile - Walk up to parents eve at the girls’ school and back (2.2 miles). ✅ over 21k steps today!
    - Confirm play date for tomorrow ✅ confirmed that it’s not on!
    - Get girls to practice song ✅
    - Early night (priority) ✅ now!!

Friday goals
    - morning workout
    - Pack slim rice and noodles to take to colleague
    - Buy oatcakes on way to school
    - Print and trim for next week
    - Collect car at lunchtime
    - Hot yoga after work
    - Pack girls for weekend with their dad and wash their hair
    - sleep!!

Night all x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    Making this quick because last night I only got 3 hours sleep, well 2 then an hour nap after the school run.
    I'm that tired I don't even know what's going on right now.

Overall, drank 5 glasses of water, and I'm in the green but ate quite a bit today, not too fussed though because even though I ate more than 1200 Im still in the green. I needed the food for energy.

Oct 1: N/A
    Oct 2: N/A
    Oct 3: ✔️
    Oct 4: ✔️
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    dwebbqt25 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me!!! Weight loss is my new high! I am looking for friends to be motivational and encouraging! Add me!

👏🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹 WELCOME!!!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 Thanks for the pics of your kids. Adorable!

@Snowflake1968 "Mom, it looks like you have hosted an exotic dancer convention"! THAT MADE ME LAUGH!

@cschmitz110515 "Ending up juggling work on 5 (!) projects" Made me think of this!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2MsyC9cLEg

@maryrobinson40 How are you doing getting your exercising going? You were going great guns!

Exercise for me has gotten to be addictive... Lol…. I actually look forward to it now. Especially the music I'm choosing to do it by. The old fun songs...
    THE"HAPPY" song puts a smile on my face...it has good tempo change to rev up my heart rate...cooling down to, "DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY" keeps me from being too hard on myself and enjoy the workout more. Bruno Mars "UPTOWN FUNK" adds pop when I'm doing low impact.along with many others, not only takes my mind off the time, it also PEPs me UP and gives me joy, so it doesn't really feel like a dreaded something to do, but a refreshing want to and can't get enough feeling happens in me.
    LMBO😂 I think I'm beginning to channel my inner child... HOTDOG!!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Making this quick because last night I only got 3 hours sleep, well 2 then an hour nap after the school run.
    I'm that tired I don't even know what's going on right now.

Overall, drank 5 glasses of water, and I'm in the green but ate quite a bit today, not too fussed though because even though I ate more than 1200 Im still in the green. I needed the food for energy.

Oct 1: N/A
    Oct 2: N/A
    Oct 3: ✔️
    Oct 4: ✔️

I hope you get some good rest tonight, Bex! BTW, Casey is so precious!! Thanks for the pics! ❤️