JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    My friends have left ... and I have one week before our grandsons and son are coming for a visit. Its been a crazy busy couple of months, and I am SO far behind on reading all the posts on here ... but I haven't forgotten any of you!
    So my goals for tomorrow will be simple, basic, on plan again
    1. drink water - concentrate on getting in 8+ glasses
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on 5+ veggies
    4. go to the gym

Oh ... and this is me. Still need to lose those last 15 pounds, but at least this year I have maintained, and I think because of the gym, actually toned up a little. So @Bex - you had asked what shape we are. I have no idea of what shape I am ... I am just big all over.

yjlkci1fi7gd.jpg

WOMAN IF THAT'S YOUR IDEA OF BIG... I'LL SWAP WITH YA... YOU'RE GORGEOUS... OH MY WORD... I'M HAVING A FIT OVER HERE IN NORTH CAROLINA... ARE YOU SERIOUS? WOW! I love that photo of you.

My thoughts exactly. You have some great lookin' legs there! Looks like you go to the gym a few times a week, lololol!!! (and it is showing) Very inspiring picture.

I must apologize to you too... I was wrong to post my comment. We all have our own opinions about different things and we all see differently and at different rates. Those were her personal views of herself and I had no right to insert my cross eyed opinion. Even though I had good intentions in sharing my heartfelt compliment, I soiled it by the rest of the things I said, which my spirit, convicted me immediately to apologize to our sister.. I must be mindful that even though we're building friendships/sisterships that words misused can cause harm and better yet for me, sometimes, less is more. I am apologizing to you and anyone else that read my assinine comment. I am sorry I posted that response and take full responsibility.for my actions and Im even in tears because I never want to say or do anything to negatively impact or hurt anyone. I don't know you but I sincerely care about you, your feelings and your life. I don't want to be a dark spot in anyone's day.
    Remember, once words are released to the eyes and ears of another person, there's nothing to recapture them.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had a really good day today! I meant to post while I was at work but I had a bunch of things to do. I just, today, realized that I have a to-do list option on Microsoft Outlook! It changed my day. I had probably 25 things on it by the end of the day and the only two things left not done were post here and call the doc. It was pretty awesome. I got a lot done at work today. I had dinner in the crock for when I got home. All I did was cut up two potatoes, boil them, and mash them. Voila, Dinner. Now we are sitting on the couch talking to a friend of ours out in Missouri.

I, also, had a SV today! I drank about 130oz of water yesterday. Probably because we haven't had beer in the house since Saturday I think. So I've been thirsty in the evenings and I've been drinking water. I stepped on the scale Monday morning and again this morning and I was down 5lbs! I guess I flushed all the salt and sugar and other toxins from the weekend out of my body in the last 24 hours. I must admit I was in the bathroom A LOT yesterday. Like every 45 minutes. I got a lot of walking done though. Lol. I think tomorrow I am going to count how many steps it is from my desk to the bathroom.

The second Wild Card game is about to come on AND hockey season starts tonight! At 8 pm the DH is going to put some games on and will be one happy camper! Lol.

Okay! My mind is wandering all over the place. I hope everyone has a great night and I will see everyone in the morning!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options

Apologies again... In that moment of laying my eyes on you, I became DUMB.
    I can't even apologize enough. My inner self arrested me which brought me to my first apology and gave me an even deeper love for you. I too lost my eldest sister when she was 52..and for years I was haunted by the voice of fear that I wouldn't make it past that age. The "ONE DAY AT A TIME" part of your thread title is what drew me in.
    And Sister, this wasn't long for me. It was just RIGHT! I am truly sorry. Forgive me. Know that I love you and every woman on here... I understand that I didn't handle this correctly and I was wrong. I hope you and every one can forgive me..We all have many in common threads that tie us together. Love is our strongest cord. Thank you for being so gracious.

OMG Mary --- I was not expecting any kind of apology!! You were so very very complimentary and kind. I only wanted you to know that you are not alone in the struggles with weight loss ... we are all in this together! Love you Sister!!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    1. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. PACK SHOES.
    2. Draft Week 11. WRITE DISCUSSION POST. WRITE BLOG POST. Print rubric for research. Grade presentations.
    3. Class 2-3: Presentations. Fix linking verb work. Poetry introduction.
    4. Class 4 - Essay revisions // PRINT.
    5. Review semester plan. What is my purpose for each unit? Review semester block.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Write discussion comments. Plan for absence on 10/22.
    7. Strength 4:30. Walk to 10k. Add 'THEATER' to Thursday JFT. Quiz. Meet with B 7:30.
    8. Prep Thu lunch: Chicken salad. Drain cheese. Chop celery. Weigh and log. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 4:50.

JFT Thursday
    1. AM gen run: 16 laps, aim for <35 min. Feed cats. Shower. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. FINISH week 11. (Check standards!) Write blog post. Write discussion responses. VERY IMPORTANT: GRADING LIST!
    3. Class 2-3: POETRY INTRO. Linking verb practice. Conference on analysis reports.
    4. Class 4: Essay Revisions // PRINT.
    5. Review assessments. Grade character analysis essays. What is my purpose for each unit? Sketch out semester block. Draft essay.
    6. Update class websites. Write blog comments. Plan for absence on 10/22. MUST TURN IN FAILURE REPORTS.
    7. !!QUIZ!! LEAVE FOR THEATER BY 5:00. Take some grading along.
    8. Prep Fri lunch. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00; alarm set for 5:50. Save #engchat for Monday JFT!

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    February 2018: 173.6
    March 2018: 179.6
    July 2018: 189.6
    August 2018: 187.4
    September: 186.4
    Today: 186.8

Upcoming to-do:
    1. Develop 5PE mini-unit. Use after JC as a sponge; combine with challenge books. Maybe a comparison with another required text? Have students ask a parent or teacher what the most significant text they studied was, and then create a comparison between their challenge book and that text - which has more value and why? Possibly do the one-sheet as an assessment.
    2. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check on #engchat on Mondays at 7?
    3. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Appt w D 10/22 9:20; McC 10/22 10:15. Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up.
    4. Organize and grade narratives. Update parent group lists with NAMES. Note reply emails.
    5. Check on conference; follow up on seminar proposal. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    6. Go to used bookstore; take bags-of-bags and look for Beauty (McKinley), Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman) and The Prince (tr. Tim Parks).
    7. Put jewelry away. Yikes! Reinforce patches on old pants.
    8. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac.
    9. Make plan for classroom observations; ask other teachers about projects or lessons they feel confident about.
    10. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another.
    11. Convert lesson plans to unit format. Create rubric for one-pager. Revise research checklists!
    12. Design minibuttons with school logo, mascot, crest.
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

I can't even apologize enough. My inner self arrested me which brought me to my first apology and gave me an even deeper love for you. I too lost my eldest sister when she was 52..and for years I was haunted by the voice of fear that I wouldn't make it past that age. The "ONE DAY AT A TIME" part of your thread title is what drew me in.
    And Sister, this wasn't long for me. It was just RIGHT! I am truly sorry. Forgive me. Know that I love you and every woman on here... I understand that I didn't handle this correctly and I was wrong. I hope you and every one can forgive me..We all have many in common threads that tie us together. Love is our strongest cord. Thank you for being so gracious.

OMG Mary --- I was not expecting any kind of apology!! You were so very very complimentary and kind. I only wanted you to know that you are not alone in the struggles with weight loss ... we are all in this together! Love you Sister!!

I hear you sister and I understand, but I feel horrible because II shouldn't have said some of the stuff that I did which kinda took away or watered down what I truly meant. Oh just slug me and I'll feel better Sis. I am repentive of my selfishness.. I Love you. Hugs.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    JFt, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water = 8+ cups :/ I need to really concentrate on this .... something I have always struggled with. I guess I just don't like water!!
    3. mindful eating :)
    4. October challenge - 1 mile walk tonite :/>:) Well .... does walking in a mall count!! LOL!!! Our daughter came out last nite and just wanted to go someplace. For her, riding in the car is about all she wants to do, or walk in a mall during the last few hours the mall is open. So ... we went to a used book store and she got some books, then walked around the mall. But .... I had every intention of going for my 1 mile walk!!
    5. 1 nite time snack tonite ... and then close the kitchen!! :) It helped that I just got home at 9:15 tonite, and hubby immediately wanted popcorn. So I had my bowl of popcorn .... now ... the kitchen is closed, and I am going to go and be lazy and watch some tv.

Today was a busy day, but I got to the gym. WIth all the nice compliments you guys gave me ... gee ... I guess maybe going to the gym is paying off some. Even though the scale refuses to move!
    Our daughter was out again ... her anxiety seems so high again, and she goes in the bedroom and cries. Just breaks my heart, because I am so helpless. But usually after she cries awhile, she seems to be a little better, so maybe she just needs to cry out her sadness. But ... took her to the mall tonite ... bought her a new sweater (who doesn't love some new clothes!).

Tomorrow I am having dinner with a friend of 39 years ... but the good thing we are going to a place that has great salads, so hopefully I'll do OK. And .... I am trying hard to avoid buying any halloween candy until the day before!!

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. preplan since I am eating out
    3. concentrate on drinking water -- 8+ cups
    4. go to the gym
    5. try and walk when I get home tomorrow nite .... or... do 7 minutes of some kind of indoor exercise

• mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Well I've done well today
    I logged everything, well I think I have..
    I've ate around 1000 cals and burned 600.
    Ive got lots of cleaning to do tonight so I've just gone and bought an energy drink. So hopefully in am hour or twos time ill crash and sleep for the night!

Oct 1: N/A
    Oct 2: N/A
    Oct 3: ✔️

Great job Bex!! I hope you get a good nites sleep tonite! Oh ... and we need to see some updated pictures of little Casey!!
  • mytime6630
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Faebert I hope you are having a better day ... sorry I didn't see this earlier to cheer you on. But wow .. you had a cooking activity with 5 yr old! That would stress anyone out LOL!! But they are so much fun at that age. I hope you had a good evening, and time to have some snuggle time with your girls! Oh and I just went back and read that the results of your sisters tests are not as you were hoping. I am so so sorry, and I will pray that they can find the correct treatment for her. I have so much cancer in my family... and it breaks my heart anyone going through this. This is the reason I sew chemo hats, for the ladies who have lost their hair. If you would like any for your dear sister, please let me know. Love to send you some. But please also know and tell her that she, and the entire family are in my prayers. Hugs to you all.

@Snowflake1968 -- your ornaments are beautiful! You are so crafty!
  • maryrobinson40
    Options

I hear you sister and I understand, but I feel horrible because II shouldn't have said some of the stuff that I did which kinda took away or watered down what I truly meant. Oh just slug me and I'll feel better Sis. I am repentive of my selfishness.. I Love you. Hugs.

No No No .... no slugs!! Just hugs <3 !! I can tell by your posts what a caring, loving person you are. You are so sweet, and so uplifting to all of us, even when you yourself have had many struggles and hard times. (btw ... how is your daughter doing?).
    So you have absolutely no need to apologize .... you made my day by telling me I looked great LOL!!! I think we are all are worse enemies... we can sometimes see only the flaws.
    Thank you... SQUEEZES..
    My daughter is coming along.. She has come a long way. She doesn't live with
    me so I call her often, but try not to be a pest. Thank you for asking.
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    JFT 10-3-18

1. Log all food😀
    2. Up @ 6😀
    3. Prep lunch/coffee/meditate/pray😀
    4. 15 minutes writing/working in notebook😀 Did a bit at work today too!
    5. Work 815-415😀 Had a good day
    6. Figure out dinner😀Put food in crock before I left for work yesterday
    7. Dishes!😀 Ate way to much at dinnerb and didn't want to do them right away but I knew that if I didn't they would sit there for a while
    8. DH time😀 Doesn't some time talking to a friend. Hung out while we watched the Wild Card game
    9. Bed prep @ 945😆I think I need to change this. I can't never manage to do it
    10. Lights off @ 1030😀 I think so? Lol. It wasn't too much later if it wasn't.

I will spend 15 minutes writing in my notebook after my coffee. 😀
    I will do the dishes right after dinner. 😀
    I will brush my teeth before bed.😀

JFT 10-4-18

1. Up at 6
    2. Coffee/lunch/meditate/pray
    3. Write in notebook
    4. Work 815-515
    5. D's after work
    6. Eat sensibly/portion control
    7. Have fun!
    8. Home by 830
    9. Bed prep by 10
    10. Lights off my 1030.

Have a great day everyone!

• maryrobinson40
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Awh Mary Big hugs!!!
    You didn't say anything bad! I read it exactly as you meant it!

You truly are the most positive, kindest person I've ever "met"!
    We all love you!

💖💖THANK YOU SISTER
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 OMG melting my heart with the pictures - they are such dolls!

@Snowflake1968 Love your ornaments!!! I hope to do something like this for maybe next year - I really want to get involved in our new community and I think projects like this would be perfect for me to get out and attend craft fairs! Glad Michaela is having a speedy recovery!

@Faebert I hope you all start feeling better soon! We bulk up on the zinc supplements when a cold starts going around, seems to help the recovery time a bit.

@slittlemeister Sorry to hear work is such a toxic place right now - routing for you finding some new opportunities wherever they may be.

@PackerFanInGB Puzzle games are my favorite! Gives me and the dog a moment to ourselves. This ones our favorite. Take a cardboard box, crumple up news papers, throw a bunch of toys in, or fill the box with leaves, or hay, or anything really! Then sprinkle in some kibble and let pup sniff out all the treats. Refill and repeat a few times! That's my favorite because I can usually make do with something wherever we are, for free, and needs minimal supervision. Another one; I save egg cartons - wrap up a few pieces of kibble in newspaper and crumple into a ball. Place each little nugget of paper/treat into egg carton, close it, give it to dog to destroy. This one takes more supervision to make sure dog is not just eating the paper, but it takes some fine motor skills that seems to poop her out - especially when she's shown interest in ripping apart stuffy toys this one is fun for her. Another one is, I'll have her sit and stay in another room and hide a bunch of treats all over the room, then let her come in and sniff them all out. I also do this as just a hide and seek game if I'm without treats - have dog sit and stay in another room, then go "hide" and call the dog once and let her find you. Theres a lot of commercially available puzzle toys too - it was always a crap shoot with those if she would have any interest though. Five minutes of training will even do the trick sometimes to give her some zen. We do easy things like sit, down, stay, etc - but 1 year of 5 minutes every few days of roll over and we're finally getting there :D
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    JFt, Wed
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water = 8+ cups :/ I need to really concentrate on this .... something I have always struggled with. I guess I just don't like water!!
    3. mindful eating :)
    4. October challenge - 1 mile walk tonite :/>:) Well .... does walking in a mall count!! LOL!!! Our daughter came out last nite and just wanted to go someplace. For her, riding in the car is about all she wants to do, or walk in a mall during the last few hours the mall is open. So ... we went to a used book store and she got some books, then walked around the mall. But .... I had every intention of going for my 1 mile walk!!
    5. 1 nite time snack tonite ... and then close the kitchen!! :) It helped that I just got home at 9:15 tonite, and hubby immediately wanted popcorn. So I had my bowl of popcorn .... now ... the kitchen is closed, and I am going to go and be lazy and watch some tv.

Today was a busy day, but I got to the gym. WIth all the nice compliments you guys gave me ... gee ... I guess maybe going to the gym is paying off some. Even though the scale refuses to move!
    Our daughter was out again ... her anxiety seems so high again, and she goes in the bedroom and cries. Just breaks my heart, because I am so helpless. But usually after she cries awhile, she seems to be a little better, so maybe she just needs to cry out her sadness. But ... took her to the mall tonite ... bought her a new sweater (who doesn't love some new clothes!).

Tomorrow I am having dinner with a friend of 39 years ... but the good thing we are going to a place that has great salads, so hopefully I'll do OK. And .... I am trying hard to avoid buying any halloween candy until the day before!!

JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. preplan since I am eating out
    3. concentrate on drinking water -- 8+ cups
    4. go to the gym
    5. try and walk when I get home tomorrow nite .... or... do 7 minutes of some kind of indoor exercise

My heart breaks for you and your daughter. The change in her must be so hard for you both to deal with. Is this something that meds can help sort out once they get the right combination?

I think of you a lot and just want to hug both of you.