10/22/16- 161.2
    10/28/18- 168.0-lots of salty foods
    11/05/18- 164.8-lots of water
    11/11/18- Apparently I missed a week
    11/19/18- 163.8
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,785 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 that’s when I used to do all my housework and such when my girls were small. It’s late nights to get alone time that makes moms exhausted for 10 years!

My never ending dryer saga continues!!!! I went to do laundry tonight had one load all washed and a second load in the washer with water running, go to start the dryer and it won’t start again!!!! I’m sure it’s a fuse again but o don’t know what is causing it! Doing two or three loads and replacing a fuse just doesn’t seem like a viable solution. So instead of working on my crafts I am heading to the laundromat.

I also ate a crappy supper, hubby didn’t want what I had planned so I made him the appetizers I had leftover from Saturday. When I put enough out of the boxes to cook for him it wasn’t going to be enough for another meal for him so I had that too!

All around crappy day! Tomorrow’s is a new day and I will come at it with a better attitude!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty great day. Work was pretty good. I dragged myself to the gym and worked up a really great sweat. I found my lost work keys. They were in the winter coat I wore to work on Friday. 😅 Lol.

We ordered out but I got a salad that was actually pretty awesome and watched the Penguins game. They lost in overtime but still got a point. Better then nothing I guess.

Going to hit the hay. I get to take it slow tomorrow morning. I'm going to go in a few minutes later. I'll update my goals and all in the morning.

Have a great night guys(gals!)!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    MOn
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water. :)
    3. keep calories in the green :)
    4. watch one half size me podcast :/ Not enough hours in the day... but going to try and watch one before bed.
    5. sip on water in the evening ... this is important for me to remember to do. When I sip on water, I tend to not eat :) Got my glass in front of me ... oh ... I need to go and refill it!
    6. try not to worry about things that I cannot control :) This was very hard today, as I was very tired, and upset/worried about my daughter. But instead, I went and laid down and took a nap today. At least it was better than grabbing food. And then tonite after dinner, I went for a long walk. Even though I had already been to the gym, the walks are great for me ... time to think, reflect, and pray, and realize how little control I have. Tonite, I am sipping my water!.
    7. read chapter 1 of Beck Diet Solutions ... write out response cards :) But I did better ... I found a website where there are a lot of really great reading, and examples of response cards. One was perfect for me ... involved eating ice cream!! My biggest downfall.
    8. find ways to fight off holiday depression ... gratitude journal :) Reading success, positive stories, and started, once again, my gratitude journal
    9. rest when tired ... food will not make me feel better :) Took a nap this afternoon .... something I rarely do.

JFT, TUes
    1. log all my food
    2. mindful eating
    3. read more beck diet solution, or read at least one blog on their website
    4. listen to half size me podcasts
    5. concentrate on water
    6. sip on water in the evening ... keep that glass next to me, and keep refilling
    7. november challenge -- red cup, plus 5 somethings. (I keep forgetting to do the 5 somethings!)
    8. go out for a walk after dinner .... Bex's challenge of a 1 mile walk . I did this tonite. ... and I think it helped me get through the nite!
    9. work on reading pillows. (1 is almost finished !).
    10. get back on here .. be accountable.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Okay so you know I do my workouts late at night because of the girls going to bed and cleaning.
    Well it's now 1am and I can't sleeeeeeep. I feel wide awake.
    Ive finally caught the stupid cough the girls have had and have been sent to the sofa LOL.

I used to have that same problem ... I always loved the quiet time once they were in bed, and would clean, do workout videos, read, whatever I wanted. And as a result ... was tired a lot!!

I hope you are now sleeping, and are so tired that you fall right to sleep! Maybe you can start napping when your girls go down .... or do they even take naps yet?
    I am the same way ... wide awake all nite if I work out at nite!
    Sorry about the cleaning ..... it is a never ending job when you have little ones, so might as well accept that your house will not be clean for another 15 years! LOL!
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Light choice at lunch - as few calories as possible :smile: I ordered a salad which turned out to be very tasty! Suspect it was actually fairly calorific as a result, but I did my best!
    - Be in the green :/ -250 because of the chocolate raisins incident (see yesterday post). But it could have been worse and I am proud of myself for stopping at the raisins! (And I adjusted a little afterwards to minimise the damage)
    - 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Savour every bite :neutral: At lunch yes, at dinner less so as wanted to get eaten so we could watch Doctor Who!
    - No eating whilst standing :/ The raisins were eaten while standing
    - Give myself credit! :smile:

- 2+ of French podcast, article, book :smile:
    - Finish work by 7.30 pm LATEST :smile:
    - Read Beck Diet Solution :smile:
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights out by 11 :neutral: 11.20.

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Sensible choice for dinner - lightest option possible
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - G&T only at dinner - no wine!!!
    - Run to work

- Savour every bite
    - No eating whilst standing
    - Give myself credit!

- French homework at lunch
    - Finish work at 6.30pm latest
    - Train home at 22.15 latest
    - Gratitude journal

Current calorie balance: 250 in the red
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    So I've had a rubbish day.

I found out at the end of the day that some of the figures we received from our supplier are wrong.

This is not good. It has one of two consequences - either:
    1) we have sent incorrect figures to an important external stakeholder and possibly our new CEO
    2) we haven't done that, but other figures that I sent to colleagues are wrong and will have to be redone. These figures took me several days to do.... And will have to be done again... When I already have a massive deadline on Thu....

I'm not sure which of these is worse?!

Either way, this news triggered me to eat a ton of chocolate raisins and I was planning to go home and eat/drink it away.

BUT I'm not going to. Doing that won't make the problem go away and it'll just mean I don't lose weight/put on weight again.

So, I'm going to stop at the raisins, go home, go back to my food plan for the evening (maybe try to reduce a little) and have a bath instead.

Posting for accountability to ensure I actually do this!!!

Yikes sounds bad either way!
    Well done you though for not stress eating!
    Just tackle the problem at hand and leave the treats alone!

If you do have to rewrite these numbers when will it have to be done by?
    Could you work on your project due Thu for the majority and redo the numbers bit by bit and then put your full attention to it when you've got your other stuff in for your deadline in Thu?

I think that is my plan. The deadline for the new numbers will probably be 'now now now' but the first step is to get the data re-run by one of our other suppliers. This will probably take a day or so, so I can always get on with the Thu presentation in the meantime. And if the data gets run quickly, I can always lie and say it's taking a while :smile:

There are other options too - if need be, I could potentially ask for the Thu presentation to be postponed. I'm struggling with that anyway because I don't have the other data I need yet (because internal colleagues are busy with other things) so there is the possibility that I could say we're just not ready... Although I don't really like that option as I just want to get it over and done with

The other option is that I go ahead with the Thu presentation, but to a crap job of it. It's for the CEO who's leaving at the end of Dec so doesn't really matter if he thinks it's rubbish....

Either way - I'll sort it! And I won't work silly hours - or eat/drink due to stress - while doing so.

FYI baths are awesome for alleviating stress :smile:

• bookmeister86
    Options

Either way, this news triggered me to eat a ton of chocolate raisins and I was planning to go home and eat/drink it away.

BUT I'm not going to. Doing that won't make the problem go away and it'll just mean I don't lose weight/put on weight again.

So, I'm going to stop at the raisins, go home, go back to my food plan for the evening (maybe try to reduce a little) and have a bath instead.

This is a post I will go back to whenever I have a stressful day and feel tempted to go overboard!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    You rock!!!!
    Hang in there, you are soo, right: food doesn't make life's problems go away! Ain't that the TRUTH!

Thank you! I don't always manage to do this. It feels good when I do!

You will love the Beck diet solution - there is a whole chapter on this called Getting Back on Track :smile:

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Jft Tuesday
    - 8 glasses of water
    - Be in the green
    - Exercise
    - Tidy the house
    - Crochet
    - November Challenge (keep forgetting this!) although I've exercised most days which has kind of covered it..

Love to you all!
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    SW: 184
    Oct 1: 177
    Oct 12: 176
    Oct 19: 174!

Woohoooo!
    Also officially lost 10lbs!

Smashing it!! Happy for you. Have a great day x
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

yitkg22akrep.jpg

Love this! Just what I needed this morning. :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,948 Member
    Options
    I just found this site for the Beck Diet Solution, and going to try and also read this everyday, along with the Half Size me Podcasts.

http://diet.beckinstitute.org/category/daily-diet-tips/

Really helpful! Thank you for sharing. :)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Good Morning JFT

Walk dog (in rain). Do longer route.
    Track everything.
    Pilates
    Meditate
    Lunch w/friend-already checked menu online so I know what I'll order and I've entered it into MFP tracker.
    Drink water
    Take a look at protein total by end of day.
    Prep a few things for Thanksgiving.
    Early bedtime.

Run the day or the day will run me!

Have a great day folks😊

• Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    RECAP Monday 11/19/18
    1/2 hour workout (upper body) :)
    5 somethings every bathroom break (I'm starting to remember every time I go) :)
    Stay in the green even if just by a few calories :) I had 278 calories left! I did over 13,000 steps yesterday so I got lots of calories back :)

JFT Tuesday 11/20/18
    1/2 hour workout (lower body) :)
    5 somethings every bathroom break
    Stay in the green
    Hit 10,000 steps

Weigh In Recap:
    11/1/18: 158.8
    11/5/18: 156.2
    11/20/18: 155.4

I can’t wait to get my Beck book. It sounds like a different, more realistic approach to weight loss and maintenance. I’ve also seen that some of you mention the “Half Size Me” podcasts. I’m looking into those as well. Anything to help me stay motivated and on track for a healthier life style.

At this stage of my life, it’s not so much about the weight loss but about the health benefits of being fit. I guess seeing my Mom with all her ailments (diabetes, osteoporosis, congestive heart failure, etc. etc. etc.) has put a lot of things into perspective for me. I’m 59 and it’s now a lot harder to lose the weight but I can now be patient with myself and take this journey in stride. Thank you all for being here with me. It is much appreciated!

Y’all have a splendid Tuesday <3

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    SW: 184
    Oct 1: 177
    Oct 12: 176
    Oct 19: 174!

Woohoooo!
    Also officially lost 10lbs!

Go, Bex, Go!!!! That is so awesome! You've been doing a great job making goals and smashing them and being happy while doing it! Now THAT is something to be proud of! Happy for you :)
  • AJB1014
    Options

I found out at the end of the day that some of the figures we received from our supplier are wrong.

This is not good. It has one of two consequences - either:
    1) we have sent incorrect figures to an important external stakeholder and possibly our new CEO
    2) we haven't done that, but other figures that I sent to colleagues are wrong and will have to be redone. These figures took me several days to do.... And will have to be done again... When I already have a massive deadline on Thu....

I'm not sure which of these is worse?!

Yikes sounds bad either way!
    Well done you though for not stress eating!
    Just tackle the problem at hand and leave the treats alone!

If you do have to rewrite these numbers when will it have to be done by?
    Could you work on your project due Thu for the majority and redo the numbers bit by bit and then put your full attention to it when you've got your other stuff in for your deadline in Thu?

I think that is my plan. The deadline for the new numbers will probably be 'now now now' but the first step is to get the data re-run by one of our other suppliers. This will probably take a day or so, so I can always get on with the Thu presentation in the meantime. And if the data gets run quickly, I can always lie and say it's taking a while :smile:

There are other options too - if need be, I could potentially ask for the Thu presentation to be postponed. I'm struggling with that anyway because I don't have the other data I need yet (because internal colleagues are busy with other things) so there is the possibility that I could say we're just not ready... Although I don't really like that option as I just want to get it over and done with

The other option is that I go ahead with the Thu presentation, but to a crap job of it. It's for the CEO who's leaving at the end of Dec so doesn't really matter if he thinks it's rubbish....

Either way - I'll sort it! And I won't work silly hours - or eat/drink due to stress - while doing so.

FYI baths are awesome for alleviating stress :smile:

Wowzers - sounds like a LOT. You are definitely managing it in a healthy way though and thats half the battle - a bath sounds lovely glad you could make yourself a priority despite the stress!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Recap M 11/19 ~ Rest day... needing it after 5 straight days of workouts/yardwork/parade
    1) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip = Maybe half? :|
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,200 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 & 33 floors :smiley:
    3) Not sure of meals today, need to figure it out / net calories green (or w/i 100 cal) / > 12c water to flush system from weekend indulgences (I went off the rails a little too much) = Net calories -42 & ok with this :smile: , sodium -447 :# , sugar -4 :smile: , fiber ok, protein good (yay) & 14c water :smiley:
    4) Evening: laundry :smiley: even took most of it upstairs & put away! / Schwan's delivery :smiley: / declutter 15 min. :smiley: baby steps / other? unexpected financial adviser meeting by phone (cancels meeting for W ~ yay)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :D 9:01 / FLOSS :smiley: / RETAINERS :smiley: / verify/set alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 :/ 10:30 ish (walk dog before work T)

JFT T 11/20
    1) Walked dog before work ~ temp a little nippy but getting used to wearing my layers again :D 3.46 mi 1:03:38 = happy dog :smiley: & happy me :smiley:
    2) Nov. challenge ~ 5 somethings every bathroom trip
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    4) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories green / 14c water
    5) Work (really wishing I was not here today): complete fraud hotline online training / complete at least 2 of 4 criteria write-ups for PA-OESC
    6) Evening: wash towels ~ start as soon as get home! / wash dishes / declutter 15 min. / write check for car payment / other to-do's?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify alarm, bed & TV off 10:15 (walk dog before work W)
  • AJB1014
    Options
    MOn
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water. :)
    3. keep calories in the green :)
    4. watch one half size me podcast :/ Not enough hours in the day... but going to try and watch one before bed.
    5. sip on water in the evening ... this is important for me to remember to do. When I sip on water, I tend to not eat :) Got my glass in front of me ... oh ... I need to go and refill it!
    6. try not to worry about things that I cannot control :) This was very hard today, as I was very tired, and upset/worried about my daughter. But instead, I went and laid down and took a nap today. At least it was better than grabbing food. And then tonite after dinner, I went for a long walk. Even though I had already been to the gym, the walks are great for me ... time to think, reflect, and pray, and realize how little control I have. Tonite, I am sipping my water!.
    7. read chapter 1 of Beck Diet Solutions ... write out response cards :) But I did better ... I found a website where there are a lot of really great reading, and examples of response cards. One was perfect for me ... involved eating ice cream!! My biggest downfall.
    8. find ways to fight off holiday depression ... gratitude journal :) Reading success, positive stories, and started, once again, my gratitude journal
    9. rest when tired ... food will not make me feel better :) Took a nap this afternoon .... something I rarely do.

JFT, TUes
    1. log all my food
    2. mindful eating
    3. read more beck diet solution, or read at least one blog on their website
    4. listen to half size me podcasts
    5. concentrate on water
    6. sip on water in the evening ... keep that glass next to me, and keep refilling
    7. november challenge -- red cup, plus 5 somethings. (I keep forgetting to do the 5 somethings!)
    8. go out for a walk after dinner .... Bex's challenge of a 1 mile walk . I did this tonite. ... and I think it helped me get through the nite!
    9. work on reading pillows. (1 is almost finished !).
    10. get back on here .. be accountable.

Awesome day with lots of smileys! Your intention and inspiration to take care of yourself so you can take better care of others is showing! The 5 somethings was hard for me to remember a lot sometimes too - but I forced myself to take a step back into the bathroom whenever I would forget and it helped reinforce the habit.
  • AJB1014
    Options
    I had a pretty great day. Work was pretty good. I dragged myself to the gym and worked up a really great sweat. I found my lost work keys. They were in the winter coat I wore to work on Friday. 😅 Lol.

We ordered out but I got a salad that was actually pretty awesome and watched the Penguins game. They lost in overtime but still got a point. Better then nothing I guess.

Going to hit the hay. I get to take it slow tomorrow morning. I'm going to go in a few minutes later. I'll update my goals and all in the morning.

Have a great night guys(gals!)!

Yay for getting to the gym!!! I also lose things in coat pockets ALL the time!