Options

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

yitkg22akrep.jpg

I LOVE THIS!

She often says something similar to this on the Half Size Me podcasts...Time is going to pass anyway, so why not take it slow and steady... A year from now, you'll wish you had! (It's so true...)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Reminding myself of my goals, plus added a few more.

JFT, MOn
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water.
    3. keep calories in the green
    4. watch one half size me podcast
    5. sip on water in the evening ... this is important for me to remember to do. When I sip on water, I tend to not eat
    6. try not to worry about things that I cannot control
    7. read chapter 1 of Beck Diet Solutions ... write out response cards
    8. find ways to fight off holiday depression ... gratitude journal
    9. rest when tired ... food will not make me feel better
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Sofia_Alegria Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

yitkg22akrep.jpg

Oh this is perfect for me today!. I haven't weighed myself in two weeks b/c I haven't "felt" much weight loss + my scale needs a new battery. Thank you @mytime6630!

Quick recap of last week. I came back home on Thursday after transferring my Mom from rehab to the ALF and she has been adjusting nicely to the point where this morning she said that they treat her so well that she's not going to want to leave! I'm crossing my fingers that she'll stay at this level of contentment ;)

For the most part, I've been staying on track with my exercises and logging all that I eat. I'm eating my exercise points; does that have a bearing on the weight loss? I'm not sure but if it does, it'll be a big stretch to stay at the 1200 calorie goal for me. I'm averaging about 1600 calories daily.

JFT:
    1/2 hour workout (upper body) :)
    5 somethings every bathroom break (I'm starting to remember every time I go) :)
    Stay in the green even if just by a few calories

Y'all have a great Monday and happy prepping for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking but will only have our son and another guest so it'll be nice and chill. Very stress free the way I like it. B)

PS: I notice that several of you have mentioned the Beck Diet Solution. Can you give me an idea of what it's about. I've looked it up on Amazon and there seems to be several of books (even a workbook) by this author so I'd like to be knowledgeable in case I decide to purchase. Thanks!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,101 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Mini goal by January 1st: 195
    Mini goal: 180
    2nd mini goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 67 years old)

Starting weight Jan 1, 2017: 217
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8
    October 1: 191.8
    November 1: 187.7
    December 1: 193.5

Starting weight Jan 1, 2018: 195.5

January 1: 194.5
    Feb 1 : 190.2
    March 1 : 193.6
    April 1: 197.6
    May 1: 197.2
    June 1: 194.6
    July 1: 189.8
    August 1: 190.7
    Sept 1: 194.7
    October 1: 196.6
    October 8: 197.6 --- starting weekly weigh ins.
    October 15: 199.2 -- Son was in town, so I am hoping this is just water/food weight.
    October 22: 200.2 :s:'(:s This is a number I NEVER wanted to see again .... OK, time to get to work harder at this!!
    October 29: 202.6 :'(:'( It has been an emotional week for me .... and as a result, the scale shows it.
    November 5: 200.1 -- but got into the halloween candy again last nite, so this week, I need to work much harder to get out of those 200s.
    November 11: 204.0. :'( What can I say ... . my own fault :'(
    November 19: 201.0 --- I did really good all week, but got off track this weekend. Need to focus everyday on healthy habits.

Joan you lost 3lbs! WELL DONE!
    Day 4 of the Beck diet solution was to give yourself credit right?
    Thats an amazing loss for one week!
    Keep it up!
    Even if every week is like that it won't matter so much on the weekend!
    Maybe give yourself an extra 100 cals on the weekend as your treat?
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Ha I was supposed to weigh myself today but I was scared after all the effort I put in last week!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Quick recap of last week. I came back home on Thursday after transferring my Mom from rehab to the ALF and she has been adjusting nicely to the point where this morning she said that they treat her so well that she's not going to want to leave! I'm crossing my fingers that she'll stay at this level of contentment ;)

For the most part, I've been staying on track with my exercises and logging all that I eat. I'm eating my exercise points; does that have a bearing on the weight loss? I'm not sure but if it does, it'll be a big stretch to stay at the 1200 calorie goal for me. I'm averaging about 1600 calories daily.

So glad your mom is transitioning nicely. Hope and pray it stays that way!

Regarding exercise calories, I have been eating them back all along, and so far I've managed to lose / keep off 40 pounds. If I did not eat those cals back, I would be hungry and very cranky (just ask my hubby). I have read numerous times on MFP that it's designed for you to eat back calories, taking into account your activity level setting, your weekly weight-loss goal (mine is at 1/2# since I'm so close to goal), and any exercise you log or have synced up.

Thought I'd share some MFP links that are most helpful:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • mytime6630
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I just found this site for the Beck Diet Solution, and going to try and also read this everyday, along with the Half Size me Podcasts.

http://diet.beckinstitute.org/category/daily-diet-tips/
  • mytime6630
    Options

PS: I notice that several of you have mentioned the Beck Diet Solution. Can you give me an idea of what it's about. I've looked it up on Amazon and there seems to be several of books (even a workbook) by this author so I'd like to be knowledgeable in case I decide to purchase. Thanks!

Yes, she has several books. It had been recommended to me years ago ... especially for someone like me, who is an emotional eater. I also shared a link that I found that might also be interesting to read/follow. Her plan is more cognitive behavioral therapy ... teaching our brains to think like a thin person. I know @Stillmeister also follows her book with great success.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Ha I was supposed to weigh myself today but I was scared after all the effort I put in last week!

Don't be scared .... you did GREAT all week!! Remember, the scale is only a number... and you worked out so much, so even IF the scale is higher ... that just means your muscles are retaining water and building more muscle. So ... get on that scale!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in:

Goal weight: 154
    October 15th: 164.25
    October 22nd: 167.25
    October 29th: 163
    November 5th: 164.25
    November 12th: 165.75
    November 19th: 164.25

I have no idea if this is actually correct. When I first got on it read 167.25, but I figured that was actually impossible as looking across the week as a whole I should definitely have lost weight based on the number of calories. I'll accept not losing due to weight fluctuation, but putting on 2? Nah.

So I moved the scale and the weight dropped by 2..

As you can imagine I am lacking a bit of certainty in the new weight!

I think I should probably get a new scale at some point. It is getting old which might be behind the unreliability.

For now though - a new week starts, and I continue with the healthy choices and behaviours. That's what it's all about really!

I have been having issues with my scale ever since I had to move it when the washer and dryer were put in. I think I've finally figured out the spot on the floor that it sits best. It's frustrating though not knowing so I usually end up doing three.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,801 Member
    Options
    JFT- Sunday November 18
    2L of Water - I can't remember how much I drank, but I know it was more than 2L. For some reason I'm feeling very dehydrated and my skin and lips are so dry.
    Calories in Green by 150 - In red by 42
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 3/5
    Only 1 Evening Snack - :/ Had two, but supper didn't seem to fill me up last night
    Walk 1 Mile - :/
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break - I am failing miserably at this
    Write in Journal - :/
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF! - I'm giving myself a pass as I am only human and can only do so much. I can't craft for hours and take care of myself too....

JFT- Monday November 19
    2L of Water
    Calories in Green by 150
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 Evening Snack
    Walk 1 Mile
    5 Little Somethings at Bathroom Break
    Write in Journal
    BE Conscious of my goals - DO NOT BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MYSELF!

I have about 17 wall hangings left to finish tonight. I am tracing out some ornaments for Rodger to burn tomorrow. I may have to go to Red Deer as well tomorrow. I feel this company doesn't care about this branch at all. We have a special that came in starting on Friday that will go until the end of December. The client wants the guards to be in suits. They asked me to ask my guards to buy suits! I am not asking someone to buy a suit for a few hours of work. I can't be done soon enough I don't think. I am also having a battle about winter tires on the cars. They are doing the front tires only, everyone tells me this is more dangerous than having no winter tires. Unfortunately, I am not in control of the budget.

Frustrating day all around.

• Sofia_Alegria
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @mytime6630 & @cschmitz110515 Thanks for the links and input. Very helpful. Phew, I'm so glad I can eat my exercise points! I went ahead and ordered the Beck book. Should be getting it on Wednesday. Just in time for Txgiving, LOL :D

@Snowflake1968, I hope things get better for you as the day comes to a close. Many warm hugs your way from sunny Florida <3
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

yitkg22akrep.jpg

Oh this is perfect for me today!. I haven't weighed myself in two weeks b/c I haven't "felt" much weight loss + my scale needs a new battery. Thank you @mytime6630!

JFT:
    1/2 hour workout (upper body) :)
    5 somethings every bathroom break (I'm starting to remember every time I go) :)
    Stay in the green even if just by a few calories

Y'all have a great Monday and happy prepping for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking but will only have our son and another guest so it'll be nice and chill. Very stress free the way I like it. B)

This is the one I have:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1845298268/ref=asc_df_184529826856963523/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=1845298268&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310842649900&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17740423350057321584&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045903&hvtargid=pla-465874675391&th=1&psc=1

I have found it really useful and it helped me lose a lot. However, my loss stalled and started going up again so I am rereading!

It's all about changing your thoughts and behaviours when it comes to food, so it's really helpful in that this is what everyone needs to do if they want to lose weight and keep it off for the long run - but for many of us this is really hard as it involves changing a lifetime of habits!

I made a lot of changes based on the first reading - some of these have stuck, some haven't. The second reading will hopefully help more to stick!

I recommend :smiley:
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So I've had a rubbish day.

I found out at the end of the day that some of the figures we received from our supplier are wrong.

This is not good. It has one of two consequences - either:
    1) we have sent incorrect figures to an important external stakeholder and possibly our new CEO
    2) we haven't done that, but other figures that I sent to colleagues are wrong and will have to be redone. These figures took me several days to do.... And will have to be done again... When I already have a massive deadline on Thu....

I'm not sure which of these is worse?!

Either way, this news triggered me to eat a ton of chocolate raisins and I was planning to go home and eat/drink it away.

BUT I'm not going to. Doing that won't make the problem go away and it'll just mean I don't lose weight/put on weight again.

So, I'm going to stop at the raisins, go home, go back to my food plan for the evening (maybe try to reduce a little) and have a bath instead.

Posting for accountability to ensure I actually do this!!!
  • Sofia_Alegria
    Options

Either way, this news triggered me to eat a ton of chocolate raisins and I was planning to go home and eat/drink it away.

BUT I'm not going to. Doing that won't make the problem go away and it'll just mean I don't lose weight/put on weight again.

So, I'm going to stop at the raisins, go home, go back to my food plan for the evening (maybe try to reduce a little) and have a bath instead.

This is a post I will go back to whenever I have a stressful day and feel tempted to go overboard!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    You rock!!!!
    Hang in there, you are soo, right: food doesn't make life's problems go away! Ain't that the TRUTH!

• Bex953172
    Options

I found out at the end of the day that some of the figures we received from our supplier are wrong.

1) we have sent incorrect figures to an important external stakeholder and possibly our new CEO
    2) we haven't done that, but other figures that I sent to colleagues are wrong and will have to be redone. These figures took me several days to do.... And will have to be done again... When I already have a massive deadline on Thu....

Yikes sounds bad either way!
    Well done you though for not stress eating!
    Just tackle the problem at hand and leave the treats alone!

If you do have to rewrite these numbers when will it have to be done by?
    Could you work on your project due Thu for the majority and redo the numbers bit by bit and then put your full attention to it when you've got your other stuff in for your deadline in Thu?
  • Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    @slittlemeister how frustrating! Well done for taking control. Just try and tell yourself that there’s only so much you can do. It’s not your fault you’re in this position. Stand your ground and stay calm.

@mytime6630 yay to the loss! Great job

@Bex953172 I’m thinking there’s a loss on its way to you too x

Had a good day. Stayed on track and enjoyed the film this evening although it was really long so had to hustle to get back and see my girls before they fell asleep.

Monday goals recap
    - morning workout ✅
    - Sort dinner for the girls ✅
    - Prep appraisal stuff ✅ half
    - Cinema after work with colleagues. No snacking!! ✅
    - Water!! ✅
    - Early night ✅ going now!

Tuesday goals
    - morning workout
    - Show M writing pieces on mental health
    - Get someone to cover playground duty
    - Appraisal at 2:15
    - Data after work - leave by 5
    - Early night
  • mytime6630
    Options

I am so sorry how your day has gone ... but I am SO PROUD of you!! This is how it is done .... thinking through, and realizing that eating a ton of junk food will not make the situation any better... but will only make you feel worse.
    This is what the Beck Diet Solution teaches us ... Great job!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Monday
    - 8 glasses of water ✔️
    - Be in the green✔️
    - Exercise✔️✔️✔️
    - Tidy the house🙄 kind of..
    - LAUNDRY.😑 Let's just not even talk about this..
    - Crochet❎ tooooo tired tonight, ill probably do 2 stitches and fall asleep lol!

So tidying the house didn't go as planned.
    Marley decided to open the rabbit cage and sprinkle lots and lots of sawdust.. Everywhere.
    It took a good hour of hoovering to get every last bit, every time I turned around there would be more where I just hoovered and then i rearranged the rabbits cage again with fresh sawdust! So everything else got put on hold and too tired now.

Weigh in tomorrow, got another exercise in for good measure!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Okay so you know I do my workouts late at night because of the girls going to bed and cleaning.
    Well it's now 1am and I can't sleeeeeeep. I feel wide awake.
    Ive finally caught the stupid cough the girls have had and have been sent to the sofa LOL.