Half marathon - Support and Motivation!

Options

Replies

• lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all are having a good Friday. Decided not to do back-to-back runs this week, but will run tomorrow instead. It's way hot here...it's like 95 right now and nothing that i want to run in. Instead, I did Bryan Kest's Power Yoga 1 and 30 min interval program on the tm. What I'd really like to do is sit in a bucket of ice, lol.

See you all tomorrow!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I just woke up a little while ago and it is already starting to warm up. My plan is a 4 mile run today which I haven't done before. I know I can do 3 without stopping so wich me luck!!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    W3/D3 done!!!! I made my farthest run yet this morning and completed 7 miles in 1 hour 40 min (14:30 pace). Overall, I ran 14 miles this week.

Good luck everyone on your runs this weekend!!!
  • lisajuly
    Options
    W3/D3 done!!!! I made my farthest run yet this morning and completed 7 miles in 1 hour 40 min (14:30 pace). Overall, I ran 14 miles this week.

Good job getting it done!
  • lisajuly
    Options
    So I just woke up a little while ago and it is already starting to warm up. My plan is a 4 mile run today which I haven't done before. I know I can do 3 without stopping so wich me luck!!

So, how'd you do? Hope it was a great run and you got the 4 miles without stopping.
  • lisajuly
    Options
    6.05 mi @ 10:48 mi avg. Got just under 24 miles for the week...that short run on Sunday after hiking kept me from getting 25 miles this week.

Now I'm hungry.
  • Natalie43
    Natalie43 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Good luck to every one on your training today. i ran my 10 miles on friday and it felt amazing!
    I have rubbish feet though and they get blistered quite easily, luckly this time i just got a small one on one of my toes. i do a lot of cross training to keep them in check so i only do a long run once a week max. Seems to work for me though and i'm starting to get decent times now too.
    keep up the good work :smile:
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Just got back from my long run for the week. 4.06 miles in 49 minutes (average of a 12:06 pace), which I'll totally take. It's a good time for me, and better because my distance is increasing. Still on track with my crosstraining days and eating is pretty good. Overall, a successful week. Weeks 1 and 2 were the same in terms of training. I up this week to 3.5 short runs and a 5 miler and next weekend. I know I can do it!

Good luck everyone!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Natalie - have you been professionally fit for shoes at a store dedicated to running? It made a bid difference in my feet. In talking with the store staff, I learned that when training for 1/2 marathon distances, you need shoes 1/2 size larger and if training for marathon you need shoes 1 size larger than you normally wear. Your feet swell as you run distances. Blisters and sore feet were eliminated when I got proper shoes. The store people also watched me walk/jog and recommended shoes that compensate for my pronation (ftat feet)...
  • aero00
    aero00 Posts: 5
    Options
    Oops, completely missed this thread and was wondering where everyone went in the other one :) Now I really need to play catch up here.

Did a slow 6 miles his morning. It was so humid but at least it was kinda cloudy. Still, 75 and humid is rough. I really need to work on core strength though as I noticed my back was getting sore and tired. More planks for me :)

Melissa
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Hey guys-

Was still on the old thread- didn't realized you guys had switched. Just tagging the new thread- will catch up later on posts :wink:
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options

So, how'd you do? Hope it was a great run and you got the 4 miles without stopping.

Well I did the 4 miles but did have to walk on and off. The heat was just too much for me. But I did it in 50:20! Which was great!
  • Natalie43
    Options
    Good luck with your training, I'm working towards a half-marathon in September. I've got a 10 mile run tomorrow which i'm dreading so wish me luck :smile:

Go Natalie! I hope you live somewhere nice and cool!

i live in London, England so the weather is pretty mixed to say the least! It was actually really windy and i had the odd rain shower while i ran but at least it wasnt as hot as it has been thankfully....
  • Natalie43
    Options

that fab!
  • Natalie43
    Options
    Natalie - have you been professionally fit for shoes at a store dedicated to running? It made a bid difference in my feet. In talking with the store staff, I learned that when training for 1/2 marathon distances, you need shoes 1/2 size larger and if training for marathon you need shoes 1 size larger than you normally wear. Your feet swell as you run distances. Blisters and sore feet were eliminated when I got proper shoes. The store people also watched me walk/jog and recommended shoes that compensate for my pronation (ftat feet)...

thanks for the advice but yes i have done all that. My feet are neutral and i have a great pair of Asics, unfortunately i just have really sensitive feet, i get blisters even from flipflops!!!
  • Natalie43
    Options

Well I did the 4 miles but did have to walk on and off. The heat was just too much for me. But I did it in 50:20! Which was great!

well done
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hope you all are having a good Friday. Decided not to do back-to-back runs this week, but will run tomorrow instead. It's way hot here...it's like 95 right now and nothing that i want to run in. Instead, I did Bryan Kest's Power Yoga 1 and 30 min interval program on the tm. What I'd really like to do is sit in a bucket of ice, lol.

See you all tomorrow!

So, how did the bucket of ice feel??? :tongue: Yoga is definitely a good thing to do to keep you flexible and relaxed. At least you did something, much better than nothing at all. Keep up the great work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

How did you do??? :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options

Keep up the AWESOME work. :bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    6.05 mi @ 10:48 mi avg. Got just under 24 miles for the week...that short run on Sunday after hiking kept me from getting 25 miles this week.

Now I'm hungry.

Keep up the AWESOME work. :bigsmile: