Friend request requirements

Options

Replies

• hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'll accept pretty much anyone, but if they don't log in for a couple days or don't seem very active, I just delete them again:)
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    They have to be hot.
    So that's why you sent me a request!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    They have to be hot.

It wasn't for your glowing personality, or smarts..
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    No rules, but having a pictue of you vs an icon for your profile is preferable
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    All I ask is that they give a little ditty about why they are friending me. If no message then it's 75% chance that I will reject the request so sometimes I will accept without a message.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Depends on the quality of the junk pictures in the request.

OFT
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Well I guess that makes me the biggest jerk of them all.....

****Disclaimer....if you choose to NOT INCLUDE a message to your request, you WILL be subject to the scrutiny of my existing friends....so you're better off telling me why you want to be as opposed to mystery friend roulette*****

you wouldn't believe how many people it wards off automatically, but then again I get requests with messages asking to be sent around anyway \m/
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I accept everyone but delete relentlessly. Recently I was once deleted in less than one minute so I no longer care. The friends I do have are amazing and I couldn't do this without them!!!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options

OR…is it not that big of a f-N deal to you?.. you just accept them and continue living your bada$$ life. If you decide later that the person is a ding dong you delete?

^^this
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    NO requirements here, but like many have said if you just b!tch and moan and get annoying best believe you'll get the boot.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    No requirements here! I accept anyone. I do delete people though if they become inactive but first I send them a few encouraging notes so hopefully they come back to MFP. There are a few people I probably should delete because their lifestyle is so much different than mine (I eat 2000+ calories a day, you eat 900?) or they are just downright annoying but I can't bring myself to do that so I just keep them all. :tongue:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    My headline says it all.

I also will delete those who aren't active / don't have a default avatar.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I find it odd when people don't send a note with a friend request (please, just tell me why you want ME to be your friend!), but I wouldn't call it a "requirement." However, if they start posting what I think are ridiculous posts (ie. "starting a water fast today!" or "burned 1,000 cleaning") then I just hide them from my news feed. So I guess I request everyone and I don't delete anyone, but if I haven't commented on your posts, then you're probably "hidden." haha.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    They have to be hot.

It wasn't for your glowing personality, or smarts..
    theleague_zpsa6b8c960.gif
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i have facebook to use as a place to just be "friends"... here, i do want people who have similar goals as me, those ACTIVELY trying to lose weight or become fit. im not interested in just having a high friend tally. id like a message of why they friend requested me... do you want to motivate eachother? do you want to molest me? do you want to skin me and make a full "body coat" for yourself??? yeah, i do want a message, and i do want only those who are extremely active. not someone who signs on every 5 days or so... and is not really taking it serious... im not here to make regular friends... im here to do my thing, and if someone wants to motivate me, great, and if someone thinks they may be motivated by me, great...
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have one...no, two rules.

First, no Canadians from Nova Scotia.

Second, they must bust *kitten*.

Third, women only. I have enough guy friends and that's just weird. Unless it's Whierd, but he won't call me back.

no Canadians from Nova Scotia.

Feel the need to ask why?
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    similar interest, or fellow forum nerd. I'm pretty tight nit with my gang and I add mutuals I don't have on my list when I find myself interacting with them on mutuals feeds. Very few of my friends have I added that I didn't interact with much before adding them.

I accepted your request becaue you're in better shape than I am (women who lift are sexy as hell) and i lift and stuff.
    So what is your number of interactions before a FR is considered?

You know just for statistical purposes.
  • annammyers81
    Options
    Accept anyone basically unless they prove to be a creeper.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the jerk who has requirements. I like to keep my FL small so I want people who are fun, dedicated to their fitness, not whiners, can take me being a smart aleck and realize that life is not meant to be taken seriously 100 percent of the time. If they need constant validation or get their feelings hurt by constructive criticism, then they are in the wrong place.

Oh, and no jayhawks.

haha YOU need to have terms and conditions!! People should fill out a release form to be your friend! lmao!!

True story. :bigsmile:
  • Cherrie099
    Cherrie099 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just started so im accepting everyone.