Friend request requirements

Options

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    A pulse. The undead need not send me a FR.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    i will usually accept whoever requests me. just be yourself. i try to encourage and inspire everyone. we are all on here to make ourselves healthier whether it's losing, gaining or maintaining.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    In for *kitten* kissing...and drug screening...cause I can.

tumblr_mqoabaE5va1ruweqro1_500.jpg
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I accept all friends, but I'm more willing to be a supportive friend if I have some idea why the hell I'm being added. If I get five random friend requests in a day (highly unlikely, of course), I'm going to interact more with the people who have given me a reason they want to be my friend, otherwise I assume that they just want to have more friends.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I don't have enough time for my current friends, though I try damn hard.

So you would have to be impressive to get past my clause of no more requests.

This is not a challenge, I'm going to say no.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I accept anyone then if they creep me out I delete :) A simple strategy for me lol

Hey shawty. lemme holla at you right quick ya know what im sayin. checkin you out over there you lookin kinda good, ya know what im sayin. so i was wondering ya know how about you and me go back to the place, get comfortable, probably sip on some of this henney, you know what im sayin, and after that, you know what im... sayin, we can do the grownup and you can let me clap on dem cheeks, ya hear me?
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A message is nice but not a deal breaker by any means.

What will initiate a delete is a friend request but not one comment after. I mean what was the point of the request? lol I think asking for a post here and there to prove you are alive is not unreasonable.
  • RachelBiancaxx
    RachelBiancaxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have hardly any friends :(

So I'll accept anyone who doesn't seem really weird...
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options

but i cant help it :(
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I used to accept everyone, then I realised how many people I actually have nothing in common with and would hate to know IRL so I deleted all but the best of them. Even now my profile says do not request me if being deleted will offend and still I get whiny, needy messages asking why they got deleted. :explode:

^^Just read this and realised I may not be a people person :ohwell:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    What are YOUR requirements before accepting a friend? Does the person need to have a background check? Be fingerprinted? Do they need to send a message telling you how awesome they think you are? Pat you on the back a little? How much *kitten* kissing is required to decide if this person is worthy of being your friend?

OR…is it not that big of a f-N deal to you?.. you just accept them and continue living your bada$$ life. If you decide later that the person is a ding dong you delete?

Just curious what are your terms and conditions?
    …someday I’ll sit with the cool kids!

I definitely prefer a message but it has nothing to do with massaging my ego...I think it's just normal common courtesy. Just like i wouldn't walk up to random strangers on the street and say "will you be my friend?!" Why would you like to be friends with me? Was there something in particular I posted that you found helpful, funny, etc, do we have common goals, or do we just happen to live in the same state? It doesn't really matter why, I just prefer to know you're just not randomly clicking on profiles and then clicking add friend to make your FL huge. I care about people on my FL and plan to put time and energy into them, not just randomly post WTG because they're under their calories for the day. Therefore IMHO, I have the right to be picky.

If there is no message, I'll go to your profile page. If it's blank, that's an automatic decline. If we have posted in the same threads or have common friends - fine, I'l accept your request.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Everyone but they get weeded out every so often. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    A message in the FR. That is about it.
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'll accept anyone, but I'm also not active on my friends page and mostly just lurk the forums, so I imagine that I get unfriended pretty quickly by most of those people.

^lol this is me^.....let's be friends and not say anything to each other ha :laugh:

my requirements are:

get up and go train and eat/sleep/drink to support your goals

or not

and as far as other's requirements for FL, that's cool. it's THEIR list after all, they should be able to set criteria

or not.
  • fullofquirks
    fullofquirks Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I let everyone in the quirks club, but not everyone gets to make it to the dance floor.

Like when I get a message such as follows...

I checked yo profile, you seem real inerestin' I'd like to *******

And then I message back I'm married and ain't got time fo no cyber b.s. he gets mad at me for not knowing I had a husband. Um, hello, it's ON MY PROFILE.

Up your creep level then holla back.
  • highmaintnance
    highmaintnance Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I don't add or request people just for the sake of building my friends list. I want friends who are actually interested in me and my purpose on here. I denied someone the other day because I have no clue who they are. I haven't seen them in any threads, I've participated in or stalked, and we have no mutual friends.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

I bet your eyes smell nice.
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't get down with people who don't have profile pictures. For some reason, that bothers the **** out of me. Also, I can't handle those self loathing, whiney, "bandwagon riding", "today is a fresh day (everyday)" bull****ters. I've been at this for 2 years. I have a little bit of insight and have been through a lot to do what I've done. If you have 3lbs to lose, we don't have a lot in common. I'm gay, I'm paleo and I'm not afraid to tell you to drop the twinkies and quit your *****ing. I'll accept most friend requests, but you have about 1 week. Say something stupid and I will kick a puppy.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I at least like a note. I look to see if we have compatible views so I don't end up with ENEMIES.

I like frequent interaction, so if they just log weight loss, exercises and diaries, I usually don't accept.

Live and let live.
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I accept them all, I'm not here to judge anyone or to be judged.