T25

Options

Replies

• Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Week 5 Day 5 DONE!! Alpha is officially finished!! I can't believe I made it through. This is the longest I have stuck with a program and I have to say I'm super proud of myself. And the hard work shows, I may not have lost tons of lbs but my clothes feel better, I have tons more energy and I just feel all around stronger. I am so excited for the next phase of T25. Congrats to all that have made it through the 5 weeks and to the others just starting or a few weeks in, Keep with it!! You will be very happy you did!!

Looking forward to weigh in and measurements tomorrow :) Happy Friday everyone!
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday and end of Alpha! I, too, tend to give up on programs typically around week 3. So go, us! I'm really excited for some new workouts. I've done the core speed bonus disc a couple times, and it's a blast - hope all of Beta is like that (it switches between series of moves and burnouts so quickly that I didn't even have time to watch the clock).

2 weeks ago, I bought a pair of Lucky jeans that I hoped I'd fit into soon if I stuck with the program. While I really haven't lost weight since the first 2 weeks of T25, I can get those jeans up my thighs and button them without a struggle. So clearly the body parts that are in the "in between" spaces between my measurements (muffin top - I'm looking at you!) have been shrinking.

I'm enjoying this process so much that I'm already thinking "What's next?" for when we finish Beta. I don't want to just stop, and I worry that if I go repeat Beta, I'll blow it off as not so important the second time around. I'm considering another beachbody program - maybe Turbofire or Chalean Extreme? I don't think my knees can take the pounding from Insanity.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Happy Friday and end of Alpha! I, too, tend to give up on programs typically around week 3. So go, us! I'm really excited for some new workouts. I've done the core speed bonus disc a couple times, and it's a blast - hope all of Beta is like that (it switches between series of moves and burnouts so quickly that I didn't even have time to watch the clock).

2 weeks ago, I bought a pair of Lucky jeans that I hoped I'd fit into soon if I stuck with the program. While I really haven't lost weight since the first 2 weeks of T25, I can get those jeans up my thighs and button them without a struggle. So clearly the body parts that are in the "in between" spaces between my measurements (muffin top - I'm looking at you!) have been shrinking.

I'm enjoying this process so much that I'm already thinking "What's next?" for when we finish Beta. I don't want to just stop, and I worry that if I go repeat Beta, I'll blow it off as not so important the second time around. I'm considering another beachbody program - maybe Turbofire or Chalean Extreme? I don't think my knees can take the pounding from Insanity.
    I've been thinking about What's Next also. I think I am going to do T25 Gamma after finishing Beta. I know I will still have weight to lose after I am done with all of this so I want another good program I can stick with and is fun like this one. I'll have to check out the two you mentioned, I thinking about P90x also or maybe trying Insanity. Congrats on the Jeans, that's a great feeling :)
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options

I love turbofire!! I lost my first 25lbs with that program. Its super fun! You would love it! I also have CLX. It a cool program to build yourself up to weight training. So you cant go wrong with either one.
  • pittjenn
    Options

I love turbofire!! I lost my first 25lbs with that program. Its super fun! You would love it! I also have CLX. It a cool program to build yourself up to weight training. So you cant go wrong with either one.

I'm ::knock on wood:: hoping to be down to my final 10 lbs to lose when I'll start my next program. And I've always loved weights. What I really want is a beachbody kettlebell/cardio hybrid program. One of those trainers should get working on it for me :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Yay we hit the end of ALPHA! Well at least some of us have & I have faith that you others will too cuz this program is pretty awesome! My hand I had surgery on a month ago is still not able to support me in a full body pushup but I did what I could (bent knee push-ups) and I did feel it is getting stronger! (less pain!) I too look forward to Beta even though Alpha still makes me work!!!!
    @ jmc143, a kettlebell/cardio hybrid has been my dream too!!!
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    So here we are at the end of the first 5 weeks. I am pretty happy with my overall results. I am down a total of 5.2 lbs and 7.8 inches overall. I lost the following: 2 inches off hips, 1 inch off bust, 2 inches off waist, 1 inch off thighs, 1.05 off calves and .75 inches off my arms. I took my week 5 week photos this morning also.

I have my fitness in check so in the next 5 weeks I really need to focus on my diet. I stay under my calories most days but the food choices aren't always the best, even if it's under goal. So I plan to focus really hard on that. We leave for the beach this coming Wed and my T25 dvd's will be the first thing I pack :wink: I have no intentions of falling back on this program just because I am on vacation. We are also taking our bikes to ride the boardwalk and will be walking lots. Now I just have to try not to go nuts on all the yummy food haha.

Hope you all have a great weekend!! Beta comes in just a few days :drinker: Bring It!!:happy:
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Happy Saturday! I haven't taken my photos yet, but I'm down 7lbs and 8 inches overall (mostly from my hips!). Woot woot! I, too, will be focusing on proper nutrition for the next 5 weeks. I have some business conferences I need to attend this month, and they're all big on drinks and steakhouses at nighttime. I'm going to have to squeeze my DVDs and resistance bands into my suitcase!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    You ladies are doing awesome! I just got mine. Today I am gong to try cardio but I will officially start Monday. Fri is my rest day, so I will be doing the double next Sat. I got a bonus Core DVD and I am not sure when to do it? Should I double it with another day or sub it?
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    I am still waiting for results. I am starting week 8 on Monday. I had lost 2.2 lbs and that was it. But I re weighed myself and it seems to be back up since starting beta. So I hope I have some loss either, weight, inches or body fat by the time I finish this program
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Options
    Week 6 - BETA Day 1. Core Cardio. It felt awesome to get some new moves and I loved how this one just jumps straight in, I was getting tired of slow jog progressions at the beginning of Alpha. I gotta say if I had started with this dvd it would have totally kicked my butt however with the foundation from Alpha it felt awesome. I didn't even yell when he added the dreaded burpee's lol. The plank progressions even felt good. I struggle with those because my upper body strength is non existant but I think I pulled through them pretty good. For all those that are like me with upper body, I see we have a double this Friday that includes upper body :happy:

Looking forward to tomorrow and another day of Beta!! Happy Monday everyone!
  • pittjenn
    Options
    I felt the same way this morning - so glad we built strength and endurance with Alpha before today's workout. Although I was anticipating that I'd feel the same way this morning that I did on day 1 of Alpha (like I was dying). It was hard, but not "OMG I can't do this" hard.

But I'm feeling pretty good, and really starting to enjoy the benefits of regular exercise. Overall, I'm sleeping better, have more energy, and my skin is clearer. Yay! Hopefully soon other people start to notice I've dropped weight (damn being tall - it takes a good 15 lbs loss to look different :P)
  • navyw1fe
    navyw1fe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Good morning ya'll :happy: Ive missed checking in this past week. today starts week 5 over again..stopped last week because it was "that time of the month"..time to jump back into it and cant wait to start beta and using weights!
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My first week of T25 was super fun, hard, and quick. Today starts week 2 and i am excited! I lost 1.2lbs, i forgot to take my starting measurements so i did that on sat. I am ready to push play when i get home. You all have been great motivation!!! Thanks and keep it up!
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am starting this program today, I'm super excited! My 17 yr old will be doing it with me. We took before pics last night and I took my measurements. Although I think she is perfect sized, shes gained a few lbs over the summer, so shes looking forward to doing this with me. :smile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Week 6 - BETA Day 1. Core Cardio
    This was great! although I STILL can not support my full body weight on my right hand while doing plank stuff! It is better but :grumble: it has been six weeks since surgery!

I am now riding stationary bike to catch some miles for another challenge! Catch ya tomorrow!
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Speed 2.0 was a calorie torcher for me! Wow, it was energetic, but I had a blast. Wait, let me go write that down under "Things I never thought I'd say". I had a blast working out.
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree, I LOVE Speed 2.0. A few thoughts on the Beta Cycle. I absolutely love Speed 2.0 and Core Cardio. Upper Focus is a nice change, but as of right now, not a big fan of Rip't Circuit or Dynamic Core. I don't know if it's because they are just a little bit too hard for me, but I don't look forward to them the way I do the other workouts. All in all though, I love T25, have done it 6 days a week for the past 7 weeks and am seeing great results losing inches and getting stronger.
  • AmandaD99
    AmandaD99 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i LOVE speed 0.2 but i hate core cardio! it was not what i expected at all, the others are fine and i don't mind them.