T25

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I got in Core Cardio at 5 a.m. this morning & I have to say mornings (that early anyways) are not always the best workouts for me! I'm not really awake, my body feels stiff & my cordination is not like usual! I do it then & get it over with cuz I NEVER know what my day will turn out to be! I will go again tomorrow morning at 5 & I am going to see what barefoot feels like!!!
  • FORAPURPOSE
    FORAPURPOSE Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I will be getting mine and starting on Monday of next week sure hope this works need all the help I can get here...
  • are822
    are822 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I got in Core Cardio at 5 a.m. this morning & I have to say mornings (that early anyways) are not always the best workouts for me! I'm not really awake, my body feels stiff & my cordination is not like usual! I do it then & get it over with cuz I NEVER know what my day will turn out to be! I will go again tomorrow morning at 5 & I am going to see what barefoot feels like!!!

I'm the same way! I was doing mornings, but found that my focus just wasn't there like it should be. Maybe if I took more time after I rolled out of bed, but I always just jumped right in. I'm fitting in T25 in the evenings now or late mornings after a training session.
  • pittjenn
    pittjenn Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Morning! Rip't Circuit complete - I love the weights workouts! How is everyone feeling today? Can you believe we only have a few more weeks to go?
  • lawmaria
    lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im on week 3 of T25 and I love it. I finished Insanity before I started T25. I loved Insanity. I love T25 because its only 25 mins and I sweat like crazy. I use my HRM to monitor my workouts.
  • cassiecrush
    Options
    I started on Monday, today is my third day and I remember muttering "Shaun T I hate you" before falling asleep last night.

I hope to keep it up. 25 minutes feel like forever though...
  • chondarella
    Options
    For those of you who work out in the mornings, do you eat anything first? I am lucky enough to work from home so I can usually do my workouts during my lunch break. I miss running though so I was thinking of maybe trying to do one workout first thing in the AM and then another during lunch. The one time I did run in the morning before work I ate a mini-breakfast (a half cup of yogurt and half a banana) before running but I still felt a little off, probably because I was dehydrated.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information on shoes. I am on week 3 of Alpha and have noticed my feet hurting a bit. I have been using running shoes, so his article was very helpful.

I'm also on week 3 and have had sore feet and a little knee pain. I tried to go bare foot but have trouble sliding across my hardwoods when in plank,lol. But i do think its better than running shoes, which were what i was wearing.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Rip't Circuit done and I nailed it!!! I pushed myself hard and focused hard to get the moves perfect, my goal this week was to nail this one workout and I nailed it.
  • chondarella
    Options
    I started on Monday, today is my third day and I remember muttering "Shaun T I hate you" before falling asleep last night.

I have been muttering profanities at Shaun T throughout the videos so far...

Today was Day 3 for me: Total Body Circuit. It was TOUGH. I did a lot of modifications with the planks and pushups, and definitely did fewer reps of that jump + squat + burpee craziness. I use a BodyMedia Fit armband to track calories and I burned 160 today versus 212 and 211 on the first 2 days, because there was less straight cardio I suppose. I typically burn closer to 300 calories with 30 minutes of running.

It might not seem like much, but I am only 4'11" so I burn fewer calories than the average sized person for the same amount of work. Kind of a bummer.

I'm thinking of swapping out the 6th workout for a run, if I can't somehow fit them into my T25 days. I'm also planning to skip the stretch video because I do yoga a few nights a week as well.
  • Tammy_Christopher
    Tammy_Christopher Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 3 Rip't Circuit done. Kinda regret not getting this in as soon as I woke up but we decided to do an early bike ride. It's hard to force myself into workouts as it gets later in the day. Hope today went great for everyone!
  • vhuber
    Options
    We had an electrical storm with high winds go through last night which caused very little sleep which made for me sleeping past my 5 a.m. date with RipT' Circuit! Did it barefoot this evening & LOVED it! This is one of my faves! The full body push up still hurts my surgery hand!:sad: Now I must accumulate some bike miles! Talk tomorrow & way to get after it ladies!
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Morning! Is everyone still plugging along with their T25 schedule? Upper focus - done! Ready for tomorrow's doubles!

I am nervous about traveling next week for work. I'm going to have to pack my discs and a resistence band in my carryon, and hope to squeeze it in each mor ing before my conference. I have no idea what kinds of foods I'll have available to me - eek.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in week 7. Has anyone been on beachbody website?. I recently figured out what beachbody was about and have done beachbody programs my whole journey.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Don't forget that GAMMA is the third phase......and he is working on DELTA
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Upper focused is done!!! I feel amazing :) I love upper focus, rip't circuit and speed 2.0 the best.

Beta will be my last of focus T25 because I can't get Gamma right now :(
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am on my last 4 workouts of insanity today and am ready to go for T25 next!! I'm curious about my calorie change with burning less on T25 than I do on insanity. On insanity, I eat about 2000/day and I've been consistently losing fabulous inches and still have a little bit to go! BUT, my body has become so accustomed to eating that much, I'm worried I'll be starving if I go much lower, but won't lose if I don't...make sense? I will be adding some runs and weights to T25, but I doubt that it will still equal my average 400-550 cal burned. Curious if anyone has gone from insanity to T25 and how did you change your eating? Or didn't you? My TDEE -20% will have me down around 1700 per day...that's one of my meals! Any insight would be great and congrats to everyone for your T25 accomplishments!! Looking forward to the change and cursing Shaun T in a whole new way! :explode:
  • pittjenn
    Options
    Hi all! I am on my last 4 workouts of insanity today and am ready to go for T25 next!! I'm curious about my calorie change with burning less on T25 than I do on insanity. On insanity, I eat about 2000/day and I've been consistently losing fabulous inches and still have a little bit to go! BUT, my body has become so accustomed to eating that much, I'm worried I'll be starving if I go much lower, but won't lose if I don't...make sense? I will be adding some runs and weights to T25, but I doubt that it will still equal my average 400-550 cal burned. Curious if anyone has gone from insanity to T25 and how did you change your eating? Or didn't you? My TDEE -20% will have me down around 1700 per day...that's one of my meals! Any insight would be great and congrats to everyone for your T25 accomplishments!! Looking forward to the change and cursing Shaun T in a whole new way! :explode:

The nutrition manual that comes with T25 recommends either 1200 or 1600 cal/day, depending on your activity level. And yes, I expect your body will be hungry for the first few days if you lower your caloric intake, but it will eventually adjust. There's no way you're going to be burning an Insanity-level number of calories in just 25 minutes
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks jmc413...you've just confirmed my worst fear!! Football season is upon us which means yummy food and beer! Maybe I'll have to add running every day to be able to eat as I've become accustomed to. LOL! I'll give it a shot though. Taking off next week for just runs and recovery and then I'll jump in the first week of October!
  • vhuber
    Options
    Thursday Fitness:
    3 mile speed walk with 4 furry kids
    T25 Upper Focus (barefeet!)
    5 mile bike ride

Looking FORWARD to Double Day Friday!