February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bride001 wrote: »
    @HRKinchen - love how the race director for Q50 races describes them as -ishes and not exact distances.

Yes! Embrace the -ish! I really want one of the new "Just Do ISH" shirts. So perfect.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Where is our favourite female Canadian ultra runner these days? (JessicaMcB)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    Km818818 wrote: »
    Has anyone every done one of the inflatable 5ks?

A few years back I did a Dirty Girl 5K in Alabama that had obstacles and some of them were inflatables. It was after I just started running and I did it with a couple of friends who were also beginner runners. We just had fun with it. It was in February and it ended up being a chilly day -especially going through the mud pit that was waist deep!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    HRKinchen wrote: »
    So, I may or may not have (*totally did*) signed up for another race between now and my April vacation. Which means if I run all planned races, I'll be racing four out of the next five weekends... and maybe even five of the next seven. :joy: But I'm supposed to be doing weekly long runs of (mostly) these distances anyway, so I might as well have a little fanfare and excitement, right? Oh, just shut up and take my money, and have my t-shirts waiting for me. :lol:

Rest day today. Hills tomorrow. Time to start really digging in for Sunday. It's supposed to rain on those hilly trails just about all day Friday and into the night. Then come the first 100 or so runners, making loops totaling anywhere from 13ish to 52ish miles on Saturday. Then on Sunday, we 5- and 10-milers take to the same trails. Might be a slog, but oh boy is it gonna be fun!!

MTD: 9.75/45
    YTD: 57.35/500
    2/1 - 2.75
    2/6 - 2.0
    2/11 - 5.0

Goals for 2018:
    - Run 500 miles
    - Run a nonstop (no walking) 5K
    - Run/walk my first 10K
    - Run 3+ trail races
    - Run in 3+ states
    Stretch Goal: Run/walk a HM

Races:
    1/27 - Mississippi Blues Marathon 5K (Registered) - DNS
    2/14 - Luv 2 Run 2.14M virtual (Registered)
    2/18 - Q50 Trails Extravaganza 5M (Registered)
    3/3 - Rock'n'Roll Marathon Series 5K in NOLA (Registered)
    3/10 - Hammond Shamrock Run 5K
    3/18 - Shamrockin Run 8K in NOLA
    3/31 - Crescent City Classic 10K
    4/20 - Star Wars Dark Side 5K in WDW (Registered)
    5/12 - Q50 Cinco de Mayo Trail Race 5K
    6/21 - Summer Solstice 6.21M

Hahaha. I try and limit myself to one race per month, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

2018 races completed
    1/21/18 Dreamfar 10k (age-group 5/23)
    2/10/18 Cupid's Chase 5k (age-group 4/24)

2018 registered races
    3/10/18 Medway Shamrock Shuffle 5k
    4/8/2018 Holly Club Hustle 5k
    5/13/18 Strivers Mothers' Day 5k
    5/19/18 Martha's Vineyard Half Marathon

Potential 2018 Races
    June - J P Morgan Corporate Challenge 3.5m
    June - BAA 10k
    July - Tonneson and Co. 5k
    August - Book it! Dedham Library 10k
    9/16/2018 Louisa May Alcott Orchard House 10k
    September - Stride for Healthy Communities 5k
    10/8/2018 Tufts Women's 10k
    10/28/2018 Bill's Pizzeria 5k
    11/17/2018 YMCA Metro North Half Marathon
    11/22/2018 Turkey Trot (TBA)
    12/2/2018 Newton Holiday Hustle 5k
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    3.5 very slow miles this morning. Woke up about 10 mins late (4:25am instead of 4:15am, lol) and debated even going. But then I remembered how much I'd hate myself for not going because I don't know what's happening after school today. So I cut my stretching routine short and headed out. You never regret exercise!

exercise.png

Great Job for getting up and out the door!!
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Feb 2018 running goals: 3x/wk with 3+mi/run (36 total mi/Feb).

Date.....Miles....Cumulative.....Notes
    2/11 .....10.0......10.0.............with dogs in rain
    2/12........3.5......13.5.............alt pace 4.0/7.0 every minute, treadmill

13.5/36!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    Ryokat wrote: »
    Where is our favourite female Canadian ultra runner these days? (JessicaMcB)

@Ryokat I know that @JessicaMcB is in the dreaded Taper right now
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Love you guys, *kitten* hate taper. 2018 Races *Gord's Frozen A** 50K, February 19
    so she might be staying away from the temptation zone that this group is.
  • HRKinchen
    HRKinchen Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    HRKinchen wrote: »
    So, I may or may not have (*totally did*) signed up for another race between now and my April vacation. Which means if I run all planned races, I'll be racing four out of the next five weekends... and maybe even five of the next seven. :joy: But I'm supposed to be doing weekly long runs of (mostly) these distances anyway, so I might as well have a little fanfare and excitement, right? Oh, just shut up and take my money, and have my t-shirts waiting for me. :lol:

Hahaha. I try and limit myself to one race per month, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

4717846.jpg

Exactly!
    I’m jealous of those who are using treadmills or dreadmills as a lot of y’all call it. Lol. I woke up extra early this morning to get in some good stretching before going out but it was pouring so I did a little stretching then decided to watch Netflix. If I had a treadmill I could definitely do 100 miles every month since I rarely sleep, would definitely be safer than going out at 1 or 2 in the morning.

I never thought I'd want to run on the treadmill, and I still prefer outside, but some days it's a real lifesaver!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I finally heard back again from Active.com and they said the premium subscription is not available to residents of IA or VT for legal reasons. They did not explain what the legal issue is specifically, and I know they have races listed here in IA. Hmm... oh well.