February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    All this talk of Girl Scout cookies is making me really want them. Ugh. You people are evil.

Did you know that they have GLUTEN FREE Girl Scout cookies now? I know some of us in this thread are GF. I ordered some. Probably going to regret it. Waiting on delivery now.

But not the two important, bestest flavors! Although starbucks sells a different brand of gf thin mints that are just as good. I can't recall the name right now.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Waiting for about 18 more degrees to show up before I head out.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    I had originally planned to do plyo tonight but I desperately need to get back on track with running. I can't not run between races lol
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    All this talk of Girl Scout cookies is making me really want them. Ugh. You people are evil.

Did you know that they have GLUTEN FREE Girl Scout cookies now? I know some of us in this thread are GF. I ordered some. Probably going to regret it. Waiting on delivery now.

But not the two important, bestest flavors! Although starbucks sells a different brand of gf thin mints that are just as good. I can't recall the name right now.

Wait.... are you telling me that Starbucks sells gluten free thin mints? :open_mouth:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Oh hey, that watchface looks familiar! :D

w6i4o382196p.jpg

Welcome back @Sliedur !
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

I am all for the enabling of equal opportunity gluttony, lol. And I am very happy for my GF peeps who now get to have the joys of GS cookies!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I am all for the enabling of equal opportunity gluttony, lol. And I am very happy for my GF peeps who now get to have the joys of GS cookies!

My daughter has Celiac, so very familiar with the GF GS cookies. I like them, too. I do not discriminate when it comes to cookies.
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    But who know. My longest run to date has been 9.7 miles in 1 hour 54 minutes.

Don't forget that in a race, you will naturally go faster due to the adrenaline from all the excitement that race environments provide (crowd excitement, medals, other racers, wanting to do good officially, etc.). And if your like me, having people around you that are a little faster will drive you to want to go a little faster.

Also, you will have Gatorade at the water stops. The sugar in them counts as fuel, and might just be enough to carry you if you are close.

I would encourage you to test in training so you do not have surprises on race day. :)

With that in mind, contact the Race Director to see exactly what brand and flavor is being offered at the race. I can drink about anything and it doesn't bother me, but some folks have very particular stomachs and may have GI issues if they consume a brand or flavor of sports drink that they are not used to.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    But who know. My longest run to date has been 9.7 miles in 1 hour 54 minutes.

Don't forget that in a race, you will naturally go faster due to the adrenaline from all the excitement that race environments provide (crowd excitement, medals, other racers, wanting to do good officially, etc.). And if your like me, having people around you that are a little faster will drive you to want to go a little faster.

Also, you will have Gatorade at the water stops. The sugar in them counts as fuel, and might just be enough to carry you if you are close.

I would encourage you to test in training so you do not have surprises on race day. :)

With that in mind, contact the Race Director to see exactly what brand and flavor is being offered at the race. I can drink about anything and it doesn't bother me, but some folks have very particular stomachs and may have GI issues if they consume a brand or flavor of sports drink that they are not used to.

Good point. I have not had a problem with sports drinks, but I know someone that does. He can only drink one color of Gatorade, but I do not recall which one that is. Which ever it is, it is NOT the normal one they use.
  • PastorVincent
    Options

My daughter has Celiac, so very familiar with the GF GS cookies. I like them, too. I do not discriminate when it comes to cookies.

I love me some Enjoy Life cookies though... especially the soft brownie ones!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    Once I found out that each Girl Scout pack only gets about 35 cents per box from the $3.50 cost, I quit buying them. Call me a curmudgeon but I have no trouble politely saying no to the little girls who ring my doorbell.

Aldi sells the exact same thin mints, samoas, and one or two other girl scout type cookie (in Aldi brand packaging) for $1.29. And they're available year round.

If they actually rang my doorbell, I would likely buy them, but these days most of their sales are done by their parents taking the order forms to work. Pfft. Forget that.

But, to your point, when the Boy Scouts sell their over priced popcorn outside of my local Kroger, I usually decline to buy any but offer to make a donation to their troop instead. They have never refused to accept it.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @PastorVincent @fitoverfortymom

They do! It's a small package but I've been told walmart sells them as well. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodie-Girl-Cookies-Mint-Slims-7-oz/46330151?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036867586&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=82862978432&wl4=aud-310687322322:pla-163123800032&wl5=9061149&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=46330151&wl13=&veh=sem

And ummm, the best gf cookie is glutino chocolate sandwhich ones (like oreos). They are better than oreos and I can't keep them in the house because I can, and have, eaten an entire package in one sitting.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    @PastorVincent @fitoverfortymom

They do! It's a small package but I've been told walmart sells them as well. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodie-Girl-Cookies-Mint-Slims-7-oz/46330151?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227036867586&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=82862978432&wl4=aud-310687322322:pla-163123800032&wl5=9061149&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=46330151&wl13=&veh=sem

And ummm, the best gf cookie is glutino chocolate sandwhich ones (like oreos). They are better than oreos and I can't keep them in the house because I can, and have, eaten an entire package in one sitting.

Cool, thanks! I will look for them when I am food shopping this weekend.

Yes, those Oreo GF cookies are good too. I have to ration cookies out and hide the packages out of sigtht. Destroys my carb/fat/protein ratios! :lol: